The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrei Kuzmenko | #96 | LW

-AJ-

11 hours ago, Mrwipeout said:

i never played hockey so these strange excersizes doesnt make the same impression on me as squats, deadlifts and cleans were on the agenda back in my day....are these crossfit and functional training types proven for musclegrowth or very specific for hockeyplayers movement patterns? or just for kuz in general?

Hockey specific training doesn't just rely on these heavy weighted Olympic lifts - sure they are a part of their training but you can see most of these exercises focus on single leg speed, agility, and stopping power.

Kuz's game relies heavily on his quick turning and deceptive edge work so it's great to see him trying to add some explosiveness there.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 12:36 PM, Citizen Erased said:

I wondered if Krutov was Tryamkin’s biological father.

Lol!

but Damn this training Milstein got Kuz into is Fabulous on so many levels !

Best Trainers and Training in Paradise,.  

If ever Training can become heavenly??

Wow!!

Milstein is in sync with how to motivate this generation of hockey players .  Hands down.

On 7/21/2023 at 8:28 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Kuz is going to need a Cape!

He’s going to shatter his 1st season level.

Perhaps others follow him there next season, and start a trend for hockey training and holiday combine for the team.

On 7/24/2023 at 2:09 AM, Alflives said:

We are all born with a limit or max ceiling of natural strength and fitness. Players need to train in ways (that work for them) to get to that ceiling. Kuz Missile has never really approached his ceiling. It looks like we will het to see him at that level this coming year. Doesn’t mean he will be a better goal score. Just means he will be able to play hard longer into shifts with no coasting (floating some would say). 

I agree Alf,.   But consider this was his first season ,.    And that great performance and percentage out put..

Hes tripling his abilities now..  

wonder if new Dad Poz (Milstein client) is able to get there,.  
perhaps next season ,.  
Kuz is going to become a genuine leader through this.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I agree Alf,.   But consider this was his first season ,.    And that great performance and percentage out put..

Hes tripling his abilities now..  

wonder if new Dad Poz (Milstein client) is able to get there,.  
perhaps next season ,.  
Kuz is going to become a genuine leader through this.

Yup. Kuz Missile has never been fully charged. Now that he’s going to be in his best shape ever he’s going to be even better. 50 goals is not far fetched. 

• Vintage 1

I think we see a regression in Kuzmenko's stats this year. His shooting percentage alone was absurdly high, and a decent chunk of the season was spent with the team having essentially zero commitment to defence.

However given how hard of a worker he is, and as he learns Tocchet's system and becomes a more complete player I think he can be just as impactful even if his goals/assists won't be as high.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Working on his explosiveness :)))) Imagine if Kuzmenko becomes a 90 point or 50 goal forward. One can hope ::D

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, McBackup said:

I think we see a regression in Kuzmenko's stats this year. His shooting percentage alone was absurdly high, and a decent chunk of the season was spent with the team having essentially zero commitment to defence.

However given how hard of a worker he is, and as he learns Tocchet's system and becomes a more complete player I think he can be just as impactful even if his goals/assists won't be as high.

IMHAO Kuz Missile takes a lot more shots and scores 50.