The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks 2022 Development Camp

On 7/8/2022 at 2:40 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Full image:

FXLLOxTVUAA1G8E?format=png&name=large

I'm really pulling for Nils Aman, I thing he could slide right in nicely as a 2 way defensive #3 centre.  Also looking forward to seeing Klimovich and Joni Jurmo.  JJ has so much speed, I hope he can pull it all together and show us some real improvement.  

Instead of team white and blue scrimmages they should divide the group up into Team Sweden and Team North America.  But I don't know if North America has enough to make a team.   

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

I'm really pulling for Nils Aman, I thing he could slide right in nicely as a 2 way defensive #3 centre.  Also looking forward to seeing Klimovich and Joni Jurmo.  JJ has so much speed, I hope he can pull it all together and show us some real improvement.  

Instead of team white and blue scrimmages they should divide the group up into Team Sweden and Team North America.  But I don't know if North America has enough to make a team.   

Optimism is refreshing here I like it

• Vintage 1

23 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Disappointing, if true (that development camp not open to public this year), and PJ is usually accurate on stuff like this.

I hope fans make their displeasure known.

I also hope a bunch of people show up at the rink today expecting to get in.

Maybe the organization will respond and do a 180 on this decision.

Complete garbage move.

• Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, gurn said:

If they aren't opening the camp to the public, was it really necessary to announce the camp was being held?

Not having an open camp means the team 'click baited' their fans.

7 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Complete garbage move.

It’s a small one in the grand scheme, but I’m considering this the first noteworthy failure by the new management.

It’s a stupid decision.

UBC just recently removed their mask requirements for public spaces, so there’s not an issue there.

And it’s pretty easy to open the doors. Sure, they have to hire a few door people and security for the day, but that’s not a big deal, and they could just use their own employees from Rogers.

This team should be trying to do everything they can to rebuild excitement and fan engagement. Holding an open camp would have been a lay-up.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1