The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks 2022 Development Camp

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Who is the top Right side D of the group?

Jonathan Myrenberg 

Viktor Persson 

As far as Viktor Persson and Joni Jurmo, they are our recent draft picks and we have their rights for TWO more years.  

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/reserve-list/canucks

On another note, I am so happy to hear that Zlodeyev will be here for the development camp.  I hope that Danila and @RomanP help him and show him around town :) 

Does anyone know if public is allowed to come and watch?  I don't even know how much of it will be on ice, guessing not too many scrimmages. 

1 hour ago, johngould21 said:

Plus visas etc., would need to be worked out.

Kirill was playing for the Soo greyhounds this past season, so I wouldn't think visas would be an issue?

Would expect that more from Zlodeyev considering he was playing in Russia this past season, but he's going to be here. It is possible that Kirill went home in the off-season and wouldn't be able to make it out for this camp.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Interesting to see Zlodeyev on the roster. But also odd that our newly drafted Russian dman isn't on the roster. I'm assuming Jasek is either aged out or he is done with the organization.

Patrick Allvin on sportsnet 650 said that it would be for newly drafted prospects, first year pros, and free agent prospects. Hence Lockwood, Woo, Rathbone and Jasek are not part of the group invited. 

However, Lukas Jasek may be a different thing: Chris Faber on the canucks army mentioned twice that he doesn't believe Jasek is coming back to the organization. I even asked Rick Dhaliwal on his show about what were discussions surrounding Lukas Jasek and potential return, he replied on their text line saying no discussions (a month ago). 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Do the guys coming all have contracts with us, except the NCAA guys and recent picks?  

There are handful of players that are not signed or even property of the Canucks etc Gatcomb, Namestnikov, and others who are free agents. Some have been passed over this past draft and others who are out of college or CHL/European free agents that I assume the Canucks have scouted the past few seasons wanting to give a look up close. Some of them are looking to earn a look at prospects camp later in September or even NHL contracts.  Such guys like Troy Stecher, Aaron Volpatti, and Mike Zalewski attended these camps and earned NHL deals later on whether a year or two later. 

Than you have some of the AHL contract bound players such as Wouters, Kannok Leipert, Quinn Schiemann and Tristen Nielsen who are Abbotsford Canucks property but not Vancouver Canucks property.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Silovs might be the only one up to the task

Chris Gear was on 650 today (they are replaying his interview right now) and he said that at the Silovs draft Ian Clarke was banging the table to draft Silovs in round four.  Gear went on to say they didn’t draft Silovs until round six and that Ian Clarke was so mad he wouldn’t speak until Silovs was chosen.  Sure sounds like Silovs is a Clarke pick and a very good one. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Jonathan Myrenberg 

Viktor Persson 

As far as Viktor Persson and Joni Jurmo, they are our recent draft picks and we have their rights for TWO more years.  

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/reserve-list/canucks

On another note, I am so happy to hear that Zlodeyev will be here for the development camp.  I hope that Danila and @RomanP help him and show him around town :) 

Does anyone know if public is allowed to come and watch?  I don't even know how much of it will be on ice, guessing not too many scrimmages. 

That would depend on his position on the war in Ukraine.

7 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Good question. Filip Johansson maybe?

Maybe not the highest upside of the RHD group, but he’s older than Myrenberg and Persson, and has three full SHL seasons of experience.

Totally forgot about him! 

Other then Lekkerimaki, is it weird that I’m most excited to see Joni Jurmo?

He has some serious concerns with his game and very obvious bust potential, but his size + skating combo from the backend is just so intriguing to me.

• Cheers 2

16 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Most probably won't pan out but I'm hopefull a chunk of these guys can be big hits for either canuck team.

Dying for a EP,  persson, karlsson, gabrielsson / johansson for the all sson lineup. Maybe the 6th attacker Jackson kunz just to throw everything off :lol:

Five S(u)ssons and a Kunz?

= Pool Party!

Nychuk is a left D who was an overager but had a solid offensive season. Bauer is a 6'3 RHD who looks on paper to be a defensive D who put up 1g 4a and 10pim in 33GP in the NCAA with Western Michigan University. Intrigued by his size, maybe after this coming NCAA season the Canucks might try to sign him or more likely after year 3 in the NCAA. Good to have him in the fold early as sometimes young guys remember that sort of thing when they can sign with NHL teams in the future.

I truly believe the only reason Canucks landed Kuzmenko was because GM Allvin had been scouting him for years when in Pit and him and JR knew the player quite well. Otherwise we normally see top overseas UFA's sign with a team where they can produce and then sign bigger $$$ contracts like Panarin going to Chicago, helps being a good team who is considered a Cup contender too.