The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) MIN Nick Deslauriers being linked to EDM

RWJC

4 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

I still do not like that trade.

We did not have to trade Motte and missing him in our attempt to get into the playoffs may have made the difference.

And the return was squat imo; a 3rd or 4th was it?  And not for a couple years.

Missed a tremendous chance to blood our youth in the playoffs.

I sure don't hold that up as a sign of good management even though I really like the new J-Team.

I know people have quoted you already on this so I may as well join them with my opinion.

Canucks did not make the playoffs because they did not show up in too many games. Every game that was hyped as being a must win, the Canucks came out like they wanted to go golfing.

BB playing Hunt over Boroughs was another big problem because Boroughs often caused the Canucks to engage in the game after laying a big hit or by irritating the other team in some way.

BB also kept playing Hughes on PP1 even though OEL seems to have generated more points when he got the opportunity to play there.

BB also overplayed PP! and there was something that I did not like about PP2.

While we were a much better team with BB than Green, I think this team can be much better, especially if we get a couple players.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, FaninMex said:

I know people have quoted you already on this so I may as well join them with my opinion.

Canucks did not make the playoffs because they did not show up in too many games. Every game that was hyped as being a must win, the Canucks came out like they wanted to go golfing.

BB playing Hunt over Boroughs was another big problem because Boroughs often caused the Canucks to engage in the game after laying a big hit or by irritating the other team in some way.

BB also kept playing Hughes on PP1 even though OEL seems to have generated more points when he got the opportunity to play there.

While we were a much better team with BB than Green, I think this team can be much better, especially if we get a couple players.

Did not make the playoffs because of Green.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Covid took him out, migraines are a known side effect

Uh.. maybe look at his career stats. He doesn't play more than 60 more often than not. 31 yo, wants a poolman deal. Have atter EDM but imo this is another guy who is waaay over valued here

2 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Curious, What makes fans THINK they know better than a coach with one of the best records of all time? Do we really think a couple tweets and a 2 1/2 hour game where each player plays 9-25mins a game give us a better understanding than the team who's in some capacity with these guys 24hrs a day / and for majority of the year?

I personally think fans are extremely ignorant when it comes to this sort of thing. But it is what it is...we can all have our opinions 

• Vintage 1

51 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Uh.. maybe look at his career stats. He doesn't play more than 60 more often than not. 31 yo, wants a poolman deal. Have atter EDM but imo this is another guy who is waaay over valued here

Most of those are covid seasons 

7 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Curious, What makes fans THINK they know better than a coach with one of the best records of all time? Do we really think a couple tweets and a 2 1/2 hour game where each player plays 9-25mins a game give us a better understanding than the team who's in some capacity with these guys 24hrs a day / and for majority of the year?

I personally think fans are extremely ignorant when it comes to this sort of thing. But it is what it is...we can all have our opinions 

That’s the joy, entitlement and equity in choosing to be a fan, haha.
Immediate expertise as an armchair owner/GM/coach/player/trainer/referee and zamboni driver!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Covids been around for 7+ seasons? 

Poolman has been in the league 3 seasons. The one season was the bubble season with first interruption and last year he caught it with after effects. Other players missed because of lingering effects. You can't throw guys under the bus because of covid. 

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

Poolman has been in the league 3 seasons. The one season was the bubble season with first interruption and last year he caught it with after effects. Other players missed because of lingering effects. You can't throw guys under the bus because of covid. 

*with the exception being Gaudette 

:bigblush:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Dude the topic is about ND and the amount he plays per season no? It's a fact he only has 1 full season in over 7 year. Can't blame covid and it was never around in majority of those seasons? Lol I don't understand what your going off about 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Dude the topic is about ND and the amount he plays per season no? It's a fact he only has 1 full season in over 7 year. Can't blame covid and it was never around in majority of those seasons? Lol I don't understand what your going off about 

Covid was involved 2 of his 3 seasons. Last year he got sick. Fact is he still may not have recovered which should make you very happy. His playoffs in 2021 he looked great I've got them on my pvr

Edited by Hairy Kneel

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Covid was involved 2 of his 3 seasons. Last year he got sick. Fact is he still may not have recovered which should make you very happy.

My guy, Whatever your going on about is soo far beyond the point of this. Lol what

4 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

I'm getting either flashbacks or there is some kind of voodoo deja vu going on here...

(seems to be happening to me a lot lately; wtm (what the Marchand)?

Blame it on the crystals?

Apologies, I’m now done with AG.

Edited by RWJC
  • Haha 1