The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Blockbuster! BOOM!

Would NYI trade us Miller for Dobson 1 for 1? Probably not. 

So Podkolzin + Myers is worth Wahlstrom + Johnston? Depending on the market, Myers is most likely negative value. 6mil; Burns just went for 5.2mil cap hit and he scored 10 goals, 52 points on a bad team. People are also too high on Podkolzin. 

8 hours ago, Sbriggs said:

No one is untradeable

Yeah,  Demko Top 5 goalie at 5 million X 4 yrs? Hughes.... Vancouver..

Dobson --NYI

#97 Edmonton

There are untradeables... Yes I know # 99 got traded but there was lots going on in Edmonton at the time..

I think you're more likely to get a Miller deal done if Bode Wilde is the RD coming back. I cannot see Lou giving up Dobson, but stranger things happen.

I'd be happy with:

Miller for Wilde, Wahlstrom & a 2023 1st 

Still don't see how the Isle handle their own cap issues doing a deal that doesn't return salary Canucks way though

22 hours ago, Alflives said:

If Jersey or the Rangers Get Tkatchuk then Lou Lam will be under the gun to match up.  Miller is the only guy out there for him st that point.  Pay up or get rolled by those other teams.  

Alf your absolutely correct, you must not be drinking today

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, Muttley said:

Ya so? / Starting to sound like it's gonna be: War on the monkey bars after school. / Seriously; they're bonkers if they trade Dobson.

Ya they would be but some say the same about us trading Miller, it really doesn't matter sometimes a team has to balance their team out and sacrifice a good player. If we were to get Dobson  for Miller we would have to add Im sure like maybe Rathbone

14 hours ago, wildcam said:

Yeah,  Demko Top 5 goalie at 5 million X 4 yrs? Hughes.... Vancouver..

Dobson --NYI

#97 Edmonton

There are untradeables... Yes I know # 99 got traded but there was lots going on in Edmonton at the time..

We'll just agree to disagree ok. I would bet McDick will be traded and will not be in Edm until he retires

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sbriggs said:

We'll just agree to disagree ok. I would bet McDick will be traded and will not be in Edm until he retires

Well McDavid has 4 yrs  X 12.5 remain. I think #97 will leave Edmonton as a UFA that is different then a untouchable..

McDavid will be 29 UFA and will want to go to a contender...

On 7/21/2022 at 5:41 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Why do people keep thinking we can land Dobson? It's about as likely as us trading Hughes or Pettersson.

Sure that CAL fans thought MT was safe ... WNP fans, Trouba, Schieffle, PLD etc etc.   We should be preparing ourselves for the unexpected.   We aren't immune if CAL isn't. 

11 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Sure that CAL fans thought MT was safe ... WNP fans, Trouba, Schieffle, PLD etc etc.   We should be preparing ourselves for the unexpected.   We aren't immune if CAL isn't. 

We knew Tkachuk wanted out. The only way Dobson moves is if he wants out of NY, which he's shown no indication of.

23 hours ago, wildcam said:

Well McDavid has 4 yrs  X 12.5 remain. I think #97 will leave Edmonton as a UFA that is different then a untouchable..

McDavid will be 29 UFA and will want to go to a contender...

Or he can say I just want out of Edm anytime and they will have to move him

2 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

We knew Tkachuk wanted out. The only way Dobson moves is if he wants out of NY, which he's shown no indication of.

No what i mean is we aren't immune as VAN if CAL isn't ...WNP sure maybe that makes some sense (as a team players don't want to stay for) ... CAL 6% lower taxes then us ... so not as much.   Has zero to do with Dobson.   It has everything to do with US players, wanting to leave. 

Edit.  It's now a trend.   One i don't see changing.   Taxes, fishbowl - more US players less CAN players and now both wanting to play in the worlds playground.    People that want us to wait for our "window" ... Miller, Demko, QHs.   1, 4, 5 years ... we will see. 

Edited by IBatch