The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kings to retire Dustin Brown's No. 23

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

If he were a Canuck I'd be against it, but I get it for the Kings

why? seems to me he was the kings' "Trevor Linden", a bit less classy perhaps, but a heart and soul guy, no?

Edited by Rubik
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rubik said:

why? seems to me he was the kings' "Trevor Linden", a bit less classy perhaps, but heart and soul guy, no?

His numbers don't do it for me, and I'm of the opinion that our bar for jersey retirement is too low 

We already have too many jerseys in the rafters for an organization without a championship 

13 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

His numbers don't do it for me, and I'm of the opinion that our bar for jersey retirement is too low 

We already have too many jerseys in the rafters for an organization without a championship 

ah I see. Which ones do you not agree with?

Edited by Rubik

3 minutes ago, Rubik said:

ah I see. Which ones don't you agree with?

I wouldn't have retired Naslund or Bure 

Bure wasn't here long enough imo, despite being arguably our most electric talent ever

Naslund didn't do enough as a Canuck imo, which isn't to undermine his contributions, I liked Nazzy

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I have Dustin Brown as damn near the perfect candidate for jersey retirement without Hall of Fame.  Something like 1300 games for the team, captained them to two Cups.  That would probably be enough for me if he scored 50 career points.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I have Dustin Brown as damn near the perfect candidate for jersey retirement without Hall of Fame.  Something like 1300 games for the team, captained them to two Cups.  That would probably be enough for me if he scored 50 career points.

Like I said, I get it for the Kings