The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

35 minutes ago, McBackup said:

You’re right, that’s surely how it works. 

The Canucks should call Bedard an ugly dwarf and say he personally set off the 2011 riot, that way he’ll drop to us at 11.

not the same thing but w/e you do you 

i will simply bask in the greatness of loui eriksson

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Would you? 

Trade 11th oa pick to Detroit for their 17 (our previous pick) and 24 years old and 6'06 tall Centre Michael Rasmussen ?  

in a heartbeat 

Simashev or Willander may likely still be available at 17. Maybe even Honzek who is probably my favorite player in the draft after Fantili and Smith

• Cheers 2

12 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Would you? 

Trade 11th oa pick to Detroit for their 17 (our previous pick) and 24 years old and 6'06 tall Centre Michael Rasmussen ?  

Easy yes, which I think means for Detroit it's probably an easy no.

Rasmussen is already a very good 3C with the ability to continue developing into a 2C and can PK. At 17 we could still likely get one of Willander, Simashev, Danielson, Honzek, or Yager.

• Cheers 3

3 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

"Hey scout, youre having a hard time reaching Michkov? Play it up a bit, talk about it in your next interview"

No more far-fetched than teams being strategic about which prospects they take to dinner to avoid tipping their hand about who they wanna pick

Yeah, not everything is a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory, I wouldn't be surprised at all if some GMs use the media by giving them misleading info just to throw other GMs off.  It's just the smart thing to do.  

Edited by Pure961089
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, eeeeergh said:

If I was the Washington Capitals

And I had a scout on my payroll in Russia

i would 100% be badmouthing the guy I wanna pick

They're gonna have to sell this really hard if hes gonna drop to 8th

I hope ARI takes Michkov at #6, just to piss off WASH. 

As far as WASH scout badmouthing, I don't think any of this is made up and the other GMs are likely aware. Michkov is super risky, no thanks.

Pretty sure I read we’re happy to take Michkov if he drops but we don’t really expect him to be there.  As much as I’d rather go C or D id be pretty excited with that - what a coup.

Edited by ilduce39

33 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Pretty sure I read we’re happy to take Michkov if he drops but we don’t really expect him to be there.  As much as I’d rather go C or D id be pretty excited with that - what a coup.

It was in an Athletic article. Would be very interesting if it happened. But if it works out, you’re adding a free 22 y/o rookie on an elc that should be able to step right into your top line in 3 years. That has to be tantalizingly for some gms. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, Lonny_Bohonos_14 said:

It was in an Athletic article. Would be very interesting if it happened. But if it works out, you’re adding a free 22 y/o rookie on an elc that should be able to step right into your top line in 3 years. That has to be tantalizingly for some gms. 

This.

7 minutes ago, Lonny_Bohonos_14 said:

If he decides to play in the NHL. My bet is against him. A lot of hype for this 150 lb Russian in hiding.

Noticed on Wikipedia, they have Michkov at 6'0" 175, but I don't think this is accurate. Elite Prospects has him at 5''10 148. 

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

If he decides to play in the NHL. My bet is against him. A lot of hype for this 150 lb Russian in hiding.

Noticed on Wikipedia, they have Michkov at 6'0" 175, but I don't think this is accurate. Elite Prospects has him at 5''10 148. 

It's definitely a huge risk, but if it pays off, it pays off huge. He's still in the Bedard tier for skill, which is the upside, but all the side stuff that is concerning. I don't know if I would have the balls to pull the trigger on drafting Michkov - my bet is one of the teams with multiple 1st takes that chance.

Side note, imagine if he falls to 19 and Chicago gets both Bedard and Michkov. 

1 minute ago, Lonny_Bohonos_14 said:

It's definitely a huge risk, but if it pays off, it pays off huge. He's still in the Bedard tier for skill, which is the upside, but all the side stuff that is concerning. I don't know if I would have the balls to pull the trigger on drafting Michkov - my bet is one of the teams with multiple 1st takes that chance.

Side note, imagine if he falls to 19 and Chicago gets both Bedard and Michkov. 

That would be crazy - Bedard - Michkov, but I also heard CHI may want to trade up their #19 pick, maybe to #11, and then they'll try to get Benson if he's there.

Bedard-Benson.

4 hours ago, TheQuietQuitter said:

He put up a great performance against his peers at the u18s while being one of the younger players in the tournament.  

His weaknesses are magnified playing against men, so a stint in the SHL with sheltered minutes could be the right stepping stone for his development.  Maybe a year in the AHL after that, and he could be ready to jump into a middle 6 role depending on the team that drafts him.

That's the only thing with Dvorsky, he is great against his peers and he is very young but he has a man's body and matured quicker than his peers. When playing against his peer's he's playing against under developed bodies.  Put him in a man's league and things are far different.  My question is how high is his ceiling?  Is it Kopitar? And has he already hit his peek like some say Reinbacher has?  at 6'2 and 200 lbs he's physically dominating against his under developed peers but what happens after they all catch up to him?  These are questions scouts need to ask themselves.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

44 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Should have just lost a couple of those meaningless games. :picard:

But it's so on brand for the Canucks in a familiarly comfy kinda way. If they didn't monumentally screw things up they wouldn't be my Canucks. They'd be one of those other boring good teams 

Edited by Pure961089
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Should have just lost a couple of those meaningless games. :picard:

Oh didn't you hear?  Those games weren't meaningless!  It gave all the players warm and fuzzy feelings so that they wouldn't give up on their careers.  Otherwise they were probably about to give up on hockey all together. 

• Haha 2