The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2023 NHL Entry Draft

Just now, MikeyD said:

#37 consolidated (a lower number sabotaged by one late pick) pick Jayden Perron is still available. Crazy. Kid is small but his talent is undeniable and is super responsible. 

No thanks, I rather draft 6 feet and above Defensemen to load up our defensive prospect versus another shrimp 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, canuckwings said:

I don't mind this stockpilng of D prospects...I'll say again that this will pay off in the long term for the team.

Agreed, we don't need all of them to hit but if we can get 2 of the 3 picks we've made so far to be contributing members of our team someday? That would be huge going forwards.

1 minute ago, AngryElf said:

Agreed, we don't need all of them to hit but if we can get 2 of the 3 picks we've made so far to be contributing members of our team someday? That would be huge going forwards.

Drafts is when you try to get C and D and more specifically RD. Canucks doing great in this regard. Wingers can be had through trades, aren't worth much unless they are Tkatchuk. We even got one elite one for free in Kuzmenko. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Besides if we get s surplus of defence. That makes fantastic trade bait, and gets you good return.

Look at every draft thread I've been involved in going back to 2010 lol.

been saying the same thing.

Draft all the D unless it's a can't miss forward and then trade them off.

• Cheers 3

Just now, DefCon1 said:

Canucks having 105, 107 and 119 in 4th round is really good, plus with the 2 3rd round picks. Good to have it in this deep draft.

Jayden Perron, Hannes Hellberg, Cameron Allen, Aram Minnetian

I swear if we get one or two of these guys…..!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1