26. Daniil But

27. David Reinbacher

28. Cameron Allen

29. Nate Danielson

30. Oscar Fisker Molgaard

31. Michael Hrabal

32. Maxim Strbak

Here is the thing I do not get, at this point

If Horvat signs, we loose other great assets.........Kuzmenko and Boeser...........Minimum

If we keep him and let him walk............we are fools
If we keep him to the TDL, we loose positions in the draft (first, second and third rounds!!!!!)

None of the above makes us stronger, so we are still bottom 10 in the league......I don't get it!!!!!

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

If Horvat signs, we loose other great assets.........Kuzmenko and Boeser...........Minimum

If we keep him to the TDL, we loose positions in the draft (first, second and third rounds!!!!!)

None of the above makes us stronger, so we are still bottom 10 in the league......I don't get it!!!!!

Playoffs baby! 

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

From what I've seen so far I like Minnetian better. He looks much more dynamic. Not much smaller and both are pretty average defensively. Both great skaters. Minnetian a little more quick and shifty, Dragicevic smooth and fast.

Im a little higher on Dragicevic than most, I think that with his production and size on the right side he does not make it out of the top 10.

So far my top ten looks like such:

1. Connor Bedard

2. Adam Fantilli

3. Leo Carlsson

4. Matvei Michkov

5. Will Smith

6. Dalibor Dvorsky

7. Eduard Sale

8. Matthew Wood

9. Lukas Dragicevik

10. Quentin Musty

Edited by Bure_Pavel
  • Like 2

I'll have a go at my own top 10 as well.

1. Bedard - obvious choice

2. Fantilli - seems to have cemented himself behind Bedard. Having an unreal season, plays a modern power forward style game.

3. Michkov - can't pass on this guy if he slips to 3. Franchise talent.

4. Carlsson - dark horse candidate to be picked 2nd... having a historic year in the SHL. Would look good in a Nucks jersey...

5. Dvorsky - love this guy's game. Possession monster. Has the rare ability to slow the game down and control play at his own pace.

6. Benson - he's tiny, but has unbelievable vision and creativity. Johnny Hockey 2.0?

7. Sale - sooooo dynamic. Higher risk due to 2 way play but sky's the limit

8. Yager - one of the best shots in the draft. Good on faceoffs and advanced defensively.

9. Sandin-Pelikka - I think this kid is gonna rocket up most draft lists. RHD, incredible skater.

10. Cristall - much like Benson, small kid with huge offensive upside. NHL is still trending towards these types of players but they do come with added risk. Putting up points at a clip similar to Bedard

Edited by Kuzy
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

10 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Im a little higher on Dragicevic than most, I think that with his production and size on the right side he does not make it out of the top 10.

So far my top ten looks like such:

1. Connor Bedard

2. Adam Fantilli

3. Leo Carlsson

4. Matvei Michkov

5. Will Smith

6. Dalibor Dvorsky

7. Eduard Sale

8. Matthew Wood

9. Lukas Dragicevik

10. Quentin Musty

I like the gumption to stick with Sale and Dvorsky despite some struggles with the pro level. Kinda feel like I'm souring on Dvorsky too soon, but Musty and Barlow have been beasts from the wing. Barlow is that rare highly skilled power winger prospect who actually plays a power forward game on a regular basis. Not sure he'll have the offensive creativity and playmaking ability to actually go as high as I have him ranked, but then Cutter Gauthier did go 5th overall. Musty is a very creative playmaker, but I'd like to see him take a page out of Barlow's book and do things like throw the body and drive the net a little more often.

Interesting to see I'm not the only one with Yaeger outside the top 10. Questionable skating and extremely light body don't scream "can't miss" to me.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HighOnHockey said:

I like the gumption to stick with Sale and Dvorsky despite some struggles with the pro level. Kinda feel like I'm souring on Dvorsky too soon, but Musty and Barlow have been beasts from the wing. Barlow is that rare highly skilled power winger prospect who actually plays a power forward game on a regular basis. Not sure he'll have the offensive creativity and playmaking ability to actually go as high as I have him ranked, but then Cutter Gauthier did go 5th overall. Musty is a very creative playmaker, but I'd like to see him take a page out of Barlow's book and do things like throw the body and drive the net a little more often.

Interesting to see I'm not the only one with Yaeger outside the top 10. Questionable skating and extremely light body don't scream "can't miss" to me.

I really like Yaeger's ability to come up with the puck in the soft areas and finish. I'd be pretty happy with him if he fell to 11-15 and we still snagged him.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 1

On 12/26/2022 at 10:20 PM, J.I.A.H.N said:

Option 4. He gets traded for who knows what. Good, bad or even.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HighOnHockey said:

Sale and Dvorsky both have quite a bit of pro experience now and on the international stage. 17 year olds often have a tough time consistently producing in pro leagues, im not too worried about either of them. Barlow is a guy I can see rising up the ranks maybe even into my top 10. Not sure Barlow has the size to play a true power forward game at the NHL level and will probably have to rely more on his skills and goal scoring. For me I'm having a really had trying to figure out the trio of Yager, Benson, and Ritchie, I think Yager is probably my favourite of the three so far as he is proabably going to be a center going forward and has room to get stronger, but Benson is so dynamic and Ritchie I think will be a good NHL center. I agree though Yager seem like a bit of a gamble depending on his development going forward, has lot of work to do. 

Top 10 as of now:

1. Bedard - Wicket shot, extremely soft hands, can make plays out of nothing but can be guilty of below-average effort on D. Will be a franchise player guaranteed.

2. Fantili - Great combination of size and speed. Will suit the modern game with his fast forechecking style.

3. Carlsson - Creative. Sees the ice extremely well. Could go 2nd if his production continues in the SHL.

4. Michkov - Elite shot, dominant player in the offensive zone. Contract will pose problems for where he will get drafted.

5. Smith - Offensively gifted. Defensively sound. Right shot C will be in high demand, along with having a great draft season is putting him in a good position to be in the Top 5. 

6. Dvorsky - Well rounded centreman. A safe bet to a 2C in the pros. To me, game is a little similar to Fantili.

7. Benson - Undersized, playmaking forward. Love his IQ. Very translatable to the pro game. His effort level will make sure he plays in the pros. Skating could improve. 

8. Sandin-Pelikka - becoming my favourite prospect. Competes hard on the defensive end, and has natural offensive instincts to go along with his smooth skating. 

9. Sale - Very efficient at driving offense for himself or his line mates. Equally good playmaker and finisher. 

10. Cristall - great package of skill and skating. Will be considered too small for some teams to be drafted high. But production speaks for itself. 

• Cheers 1

I hit the NHL draft simulator 54 times and saw vancouver only move up once.

Chicago, San Jose, Columbus won almost entirely.

Did see this a number of times though and I can't say I would be unhappy about it.  Lol the idea of Bedard AND Fantilli going to Montreal because of that Florida pick would be AMAZING especially because it was based on Ben frigging Chiarot

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 5.16.50 PM.png

9 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Sale and Dvorsky both have quite a bit of pro experience now and on the international stage. 17 year olds often have a tough time consistently producing in pro leagues, im not too worried about either of them. Barlow is a guy I can see rising up the ranks maybe even into my top 10. Not sure Barlow has the size to play a true power forward game at the NHL level and will probably have to rely more on his skills and goal scoring. For me I'm having a really had trying to figure out the trio of Yager, Benson, and Ritchie, I think Yager is probably my favourite of the three so far as he is proabably going to be a center going forward and has room to get stronger, but Benson is so dynamic and Ritchie I think will be a good NHL center. I agree though Yager seem like a bit of a gamble depending on his development going forward, has lot of work to do. 

You know what would be a good comparable for Barlow as kind of a floor? Daniel Cleary. Recall he was drafted 13th overall in '97 and was similarly touted as a crash and bang goal scoring winger with some skill. But wasn't quite big enough to be a true power forward, wasn't quite skilled enough to be a true top six play-driver. But he still carved out a pretty good career and contributed to some winning teams.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, HighOnHockey said:

Just felt like posting updated lineups for the San Jose Sharks:

Tage Thompson - Sasha Barkov - Alex DeBrincat

Warren Foegele - Sidney Crosby - Ryan Hartman

Pierre Engvall - Sam Gagner - Christian Fischer

Derick Brassard - Nic Dowd - Jimmy Vesey

Drew O'Connor

Devon Toews - Erik Karlsson

Carson Soucy - Damon Severson

Sean Walker - Sean Durzi

Kurtis MacDermid , Ian Mitchell

Sergei Bobrovsky

Sasha Vejmelka

IR: Connor Brown, Blake Wheeler, Joonas Donskoi

huh?

• Cheers 1

On 12/28/2022 at 3:04 PM, Kuzy said:

I'll have a go at my own top 10 as well.

1. Bedard - obvious choice

2. Fantilli - seems to have cemented himself behind Bedard. Having an unreal season, plays a modern power forward style game.

3. Michkov - can't pass on this guy if he slips to 3. Franchise talent.

4. Carlsson - dark horse candidate to be picked 2nd... having a historic year in the SHL. Would look good in a Nucks jersey...

5. Dvorsky - love this guy's game. Possession monster. Has the rare ability to slow the game down and control play at his own pace.

6. Benson - he's tiny, but has unbelievable vision and creativity. Johnny Hockey 2.0?

7. Sale - sooooo dynamic. Higher risk due to 2 way play but sky's the limit

8. Yager - one of the best shots in the draft. Good on faceoffs and advanced defensively.

9. Sandin-Pelikka - I think this kid is gonna rocket up most draft lists. RHD, incredible skater.

10. Cristall - much like Benson, small kid with huge offensive upside. NHL is still trending towards these types of players but they do come with added risk. Putting up points at a clip similar to Bedard

I haven’t seen enough dominance at the WJC for Fantilli to go second. He has all the tools to be a very good NHL’er but Carlsson has been more noticeable and I think Michkov is a clear number 2 skill wise. Yes there’s a wait but you have to take him at 2.

My top 4 is rearranged 

Bedard

Michkov  

Carlsson 

Fantilli