The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Hurricanes re-sign Ethan Bear

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

he’s a cost controlled right handed d-man who’s solid defensively. He would fit right in our top 4.

Drury, Bear, a 1st would be a solid return. Drury is one of the best prospects in the entire NHL

Noting against him as a player. But he's a 3rd pair D that can occasionally fill in in your top 4, we have LOADS of those already with Schenn, Poolman, Dermott. All at less money. It's simply not a roster need we have. We need legit top 4 guys, that's not him.

Again, some mix of Necas/Drury/Morrow/Seeley. Bear, solid 3rd pair guy or not, doesn't move the needle IMO. I don't have anything against getting Drury.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

he’s a cost controlled right handed d-man who’s solid defensively. He would fit right in our top 4.

Drury, Bear, a 1st would be a solid return. Drury is one of the best prospects in the entire NHL

ufa at the end of the year is hardly cost controlled. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What does the Cane's have to offer that would be fair? I don't see any decent defensive prospects. And not much up front. 

I think Brind'Amour's coaching covers a lot of flaws. 

And his abs make the players jealous! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What does the Cane's have to offer that would be fair? I don't see any decent defensive prospects. And not much up front. 

I think Brind'Amour's coaching covers a lot of flaws. 

Some mix of Necas/Drury/Morrow/Seeley.