The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

56 minutes ago, Neutral said:

wouldn't it be great if tonight's must win game was FREE so all Canuck fans could watch and cheer on the farm club!?!? It is too bad we don't have a bigger media outlet out west that would be willing to provide coverage of the games and broadcast them...

Hoping for the best tonight, Go Canucks Go!!!

Same I am suprised there hasn't been more media coverage. I bought the AHLTV package and this has easily been the best series so far. Every whistle seems to have some sort of scrum and the 12 regular season games quickly made a bitter rivalry.

Maybe I am a bit biased since if the Wranglers win, I get to see more live games in Calgary. If Canucks win I get to see our prospects develop from a Calder run

17 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Any updates on Vinny? 

Is he close to returning? 

17 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Nothing that i’ve heard. It’s hard to find injury updates for the AHL unfortunately. 

He had a fight against Tyrell Golbourne for the Ontario Reign where both laid haymakers, but Arseneau, didn't play a game after that one...my guess, may have hurt his hand in the fight.

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2023 at 10:23 AM, Stierlitz said:

That was fun when Julsen and Gatcomb targeted the Calgary's most physical player Walker Duehr and finished their checks

giphy.gif

Can't tell from that clip without sound, but that was whistled down for offside right as he crossed the blue line. 

Refs weren't calling any late hits the whole game, so I wasn't too worried about a penalty at that point. 

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Refs weren't calling any late hits the whole game, so I wasn't too worried about a penalty at that point. 

Right, I also noticed that late hits were not called by referees entire game. Let's see how it goes tonight. Referees were inconsistent in this series. 

4 hours ago, Neutral said:

wouldn't it be great if tonight's must win game was FREE so all Canuck fans could watch and cheer on the farm club!?!? It is too bad we don't have a bigger media outlet out west that would be willing to provide coverage of the games and broadcast them...

Hoping for the best tonight, Go Canucks Go!!!

I agree with this. Toronto and Montreal are both able to have their own media that do broadcasts for their AHL affiliates. I don't see any reason why the Canucks can't do the same for their fans. It's not as though there's any shortage of media surrounding the club or fans to consume it. It would make sense for the big club to expose their fans to the AHL affiliate. They would sell more tickets and draw more advertisers to the minor league squad.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Insensitive said:

I agree with this. Toronto and Montreal are both able to have their own media that do broadcasts for their AHL affiliates. I don't see any reason why the Canucks can't do the same for their fans. It's not as though there's any shortage of media surrounding the club or fans to consume it. It would make sense for the big club to expose their fans to the AHL affiliate. They would sell more tickets and draw more advertisers to the minor league squad.

For the old school guys, this would be perfect on I think it used to be channel 4, Rogers community channel lol

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Going to the game tonight… first time.

looking at traffic for the drive right now questioning my choice haha my goodness

Maybe someone else can give you advice for parking, I had a hell of a time with that. 

58 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Maybe someone else can give you advice for parking, I had a hell of a time with that. 

We were stuck in parking area at the ice centre after the game, could not drive out for about 25 minutes

Interesting choice for Colliton.

I guess the physicality of last game factored into the decision and hoping to inject Kannok Leipert's physical push back but to also have an extra dman on hand. No Raty or Podkolzin tonight.

EDIT:

NVM

Just as I thought though, Regush provides a lot of sandpaper. If Kannok Leipert is warming up, either Juulsen or another d is a game time decision.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY