The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign J.T. Miller

This may sound off topic and off the wall but hear me out: 

Hoglander, Rathbone, a 1st and a 2nd to ARZ for a cost controlled Chychrun.

3 more years at 4.6per.

Arizona’s price has apparently come down. 

Switch QH or OEL to RHD (experiment), 

Pair Chychrun with either to get his game back and pad his stats this season with us. Hell, he may even become a major piece in getting us into the playoffs.

Trade him next season if need be

(he also has an N-MTC 10 team list he can supply) for our future stud RHD. 

The trade package I mention above won’t fetch us that stud now, but a young, star D like Chychrun could in a years time.

We might need to do something bold like this to really bring about considerable change, retool the D, and build the value of an asset (with the right support) that we can then trade up/laterally with.

With JTM locked in, Bo about to be, we should be looking at making a deal right now that can make us immediately stronger on the back end and put us in direct competition for top 3 in our division. 

In two seasons Myers’ contract will be up. We already have a lot of money invested on the back end, but could effect an upgrade now and set up if we want to shop for our most glaring need in the future. 

i realize most aren’t too high on giving up too much for a Chychrun type LHD, but managing assets can get us there if we do it right, while also pushing us much closer to playoffs.

thoughts?

from July 2021 after the OEL trade:

Chychrun is proof that defencemen can succeed in Arizona. Chychrun was a two-way force at five-on-five last season with a 51.5 percent expected goal share, his actual goal differential was plus-four at five-on-five, he scored 18 goals and 41 points in 56 games and managed all that while logging more minutes and tougher matchups than Ekman-Larsson.

He stepped into the same role Ekman-Larsson had occupied previously and was wildly successful as a bona fide top pair defenceman. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

This may sound off topic and off the wall but hear me out: 

Hoglander, Rathbone, a 1st and a 2nd to ARZ for a cost controlled Chychrun.

3 more years at 4.6per.

Arizona’s price has apparently come down. 

Switch QH or OEL to RHD (experiment), 

Pair Chychrun with either to get his game back and pad his stats this season with us. Hell, he may even become a major piece in getting us into the playoffs.

Trade him next season if need be

(he also has an N-MTC 10 team list he can supply) for our future stud RHD. 

The trade package I mention above won’t fetch us that stud now, but a young, star D like Chychrun could in a years time.

We might need to do something bold like this to really bring about considerable change, retool the D, and build the value of an asset (with the right support) that we can then trade up/laterally with.

With JTM locked in, Bo about to be, we should be looking at making a deal right now that can make us immediately stronger on the back end and put us in direct competition for top 3 in our division. 

In two seasons Myers’ contract will be up. We already have a lot of money invested on the back end, but could effect an upgrade now and set up if we want to shop for our most glaring need in the future. 

i realize most aren’t too high on giving up too much for a Chychrun type LHD, but managing assets can get us there if we do it right, while also pushing us much closer to playoffs.

thoughts?

I’m not opposed to sending a package like that out getting a needed piece back.  Not sure if Chychrun is that piece.

If Bo signs a team friendly discount, then JR/PA has to push their chips in the middle and go for it.  Cuz the players are doing their part to make this team competitive. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Devron said:

I had a buddy buy a Hodgson jersey online. Was in transit when he was traded. Buddy was a Sabre when the jersey arrived haha

That’s what happened with my Sopel jersey too, was on order and he signed with Chicago by the time it got back.

I also got a Höglander #36 jersey arrive just weeks before he changed to #21 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

When has RNH got 99 points?

You’ll be surprised just how well our defence plays this year when our forwards do a better job coming back to help out.  The passes don’t have to be nearly as long when the forwards come back to help with the backchecking and the teams that win cups transition their offence through team defence.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BPA said:

I’m not opposed to sending a package like that out getting a needed piece back.  Not sure if Chychrun is that piece.

If Bo signs a team friendly discount, then JR/PA has to push their chips in the middle and go for it.  Cuz the players are doing their part to make this team competitive. 

Exactly, and that’s why I target Chychrun.

He’s a complete Dman on the cheap, could solidify our back end for years to come (we are expecting D turnover in the near future), but at the same time could become a HUGE asset as a trading piece. 

He doesn’t fit our immediate need, but a player like him could facilitate a transaction in the future to get us that. 

28 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Canucks JT Miller Took One for the Team, Wants Stanley Cup in Vancouver

September 2, 2022

By

Rob Simpson 
Vancouver Canucks, JT Miller

Vancouver Canucks centre and leading scorer JT Miller.

JT bought into the idea that if you leave a little bit, have something left, hopefully someone else will get it, maybe his buddy Bo (Horvat) or someone else. Keep it together for an up-and-coming team and have everyone feel good about it. That’s what pushed it over here.”

But I thought they were beefing? :shock:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, YearoftheNuck said:

The last Canuck game I went to was on Sedin night, February 2020, right before the pandemic. I wanted to buy a Miller jersey then but I was hesitant because the last jersey I bought was a Hodgson jersey one month before he got traded. I was afraid we wouldn’t be able to re-sign Miller a couple years down the road and I’d have another obsolete jersey. 

Now I can finally buy that Miller jersey that I’ve always wanted! Lol!

I've bought so many player jerseys (that ended up being traded or leaving) at this point I stopped and just started buying jerseys with no names..Kinda saves you the cash and you get to spend it on ..you know,,a remix retro or something,,,