The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Rachel Doerrie

Rate this topic

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

I consider myself pretty hardcore on my Canuck fandom. But to devote 9 pages to someone so low on the totem pole. It was weird when we had a Judd Brackett phase. But at least he was at the forefront of something. She was an assistant to the video coach? We gonna start caring about the guy handing out popcorn too? Y'all wild. 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Brian Burke won a defamation lawsuit against 5 online anonymous posters of a hockey talk website.  And it was in BC Supreme Court. So there is precedent against this which is why I don’t participate in that thread. 

https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2013/09/20/brian-burke-wins-judgment-against-online-commenters/amp/

RD has now been fired twice by two different NHL teams in less than a year. That tells me she isn’t qualified for her job. 

Look out - someone's gonna call you a sexist because you rightfully question her qualifications. (She is not qualified for the roles she's been put in, except maybe coaching at the lower levels). It really is a shame that people cannot objectively assess someone without someone pulling some bullshit accusation, like me apparently a defender of Aquilini. Like why the fuck would I do that? Am I on his payroll? Lmfao. He can't pay me enough to do it.

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I love how you equate this firing with Aquilini and his accusations. How you keep lumping the two together and forcing me to have an opinion on both to suit your narrative. Am I supposed to be outraged at the owner like you are and calling for a boycott of the team because of some accusations thrown out in family court that haven’t been proven to be true at all in a court of law?  

I asked for the Aquilini thread to be shut down because people were literally slandering the name of the owner of the Canucks. These people are lucky they are on an anonymous forum or else Aquilini’s lawyer would be having a field day with all the libel suits. Meanwhile, you are advising people to cancel their season tickets and to stop watching the Canucks because of unproven accusations. 

In terms of my diversity comment it was meant to acknowledge that somebody should be hired based on their qualifications for the job only. The fact that RD got fired from her job after less than a year and even before the season begins means that she wasn’t qualified for the job. So why did they hire her then?  

AV stirs the pot. That's just what he does. I seriously doubt he's even a fan of the team because he never posted last season when we were pulling wins out of our ass. Of course though, he'd reappear when drama happens. Imagine that his life is so empty that he's addicted to the negativity... I wonder...

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Provost said:

Exactly… no one here could name most of the people at her low level in the organization without the help of google.  Heck, I don’t even know if anyone else has been fired since the start of the summer… probably several.

He unjustly fired the popcorn girl, fire Rutherford. :bigblush:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zhukini said:

Lmao and Benning got 8 years? He will never GM in the league again. I’d put a lot of money on that 

Not sure about that, Nonis got a few cracks at it and other than a Luongo trade and a couple picks hardly pushed the needle anywhere. 

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Look out - someone's gonna call you a sexist because you rightfully question her qualifications. (She is not qualified for the roles she's been put in, except maybe coaching at the lower levels). It really is a shame that people cannot objectively assess someone without someone pulling some bullshit accusation, like me apparently a defender of Aquilini. Like why the fuck would I do that? Am I on his payroll? Lmfao. He can't pay me enough to do it.

AV stirs the pot. That's just what he does. I seriously doubt he's even a fan of the team because he never posted last season when we were pulling wins out of our ass. Of course though, he'd reappear when drama happens. Imagine that his life is so empty that he's addicted to the negativity... I wonder...

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

That's exactly it. He's all talk.

Lol

What an L magnet you've become.

Just lol.

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Q:  If she was the most qualified for the job, then why is she currently unemployed and can't even hold onto a job for longer than a year?

A: Because the poor little girl is ..........(wait for it)................................A Millennial !

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Haha 4

All the usual Leafs media pot stirrers somehow weighing in on a nothing story and trying to spin it into controversy. :picard:

Like they had any idea who she was before this or even cared. Do they really have nothing more important to tweet about? Like maybe the fact that the Leafs D is such a joke they have to put Marner there? :lol:

• Haha 3
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Dazzle said:Of course though, he'd reappear when drama happens. Imagine that his life is so empty that he's addicted to the negativity... I wonder...

You are genuinely ridiculous…

You are here posting dozens of times in this thread wailing and gnashing your teeth about how this firing means the team is a mess and the brass are terrible.

… and it is the people saying “Meh, non story about low level employee, who cares”  who are addicted to negativity?

The scorn heaped on you from all these folks is well earned by this sort of nonsense you regularly spout.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1