The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jason Dickinson, 2024 2nd-round pick to Blackhawks for Riley Stillman

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Since 2010, the canucks have drafted in the 2nd round 7 times.

It is not as bad as some suggest in regards to trading 2nd round picks.  But.

When you look at where those draft positions were and who was available it gets kind of jaw clenching.

I am never ever a fan of trading picks to shed weight.  Could have or should have ridden it out, but maybe this means a Horvat extension or a larger trade is coming soon.

I think another trade is coming for sure.  A Horvat extension doesn't affect this year's cap...

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I think another trade is coming for sure.  A Horvat extension doesn't affect this year's cap...

No, but ensuring he IS in fact signed and the numbers are concrete allows for other moves to made with a longer period of time than just the TDL in mind

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, BureBurrito said:

Another 2nd rounder gone...Dickinson was a complete moronic mess by Benning. Cost us 2 picks for 1 year of him.

But not sure how Stillman helps the NHL club? Is there another big pickup coming in?

My guess is either Dermott or Rathbone are involved in the bigger trade that is coming...

• Like 2

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I'm a fan of Sitllman, tough as nails.

Reminds me of Brendan Dillion like player.

Wasn't super familiar with him prior to today; I like what I see so far though.  Getting a useful player back makes the price to dump the contract a lot more palatable.

• Cheers 4