The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Washington Capitals | Oct. 17, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

This really exposes our lack of defensive depth, when we have Burroughs, Stillman, Julsen and to an extent Schenn who were all brought in as 7-10 defencman all playing in our top 6. Yet management thought it was smart to load up on forwards and then go onto draft another small skilled forward with no defence in the pipeline.

• Upvote 1

Does anybody remember the sequence in the third period where we cycled through all three top lines and every single center made a horrible drop pass that almost went back the other way?  

JT Miller, Elias, and Bo all made horrible drop passes in like a three minute sequence.  

19 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I would add Garland to that list. He was flying out there all game.  

For sure, and actually Podkolzin as well.

We need more players that play with their heart on their sleeve.

I should say, Kuzmenko has been playing well as well.

Edited by MrCanuck94

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

Thank you for noticing the obvious.  There are so many ppl in denial here.

5 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Sadly he's not wrong. Hughes has taken a major step back defensively this season.

The other D guys seem to be barely hanging on. 

At the very least Burroughs is playing at the same level as all the other D, but adds in some physicality. 

Hughes step back is not playing sheltered minutes with OEL-Myers in other pairing. Hughes is being made to play against the best players in critical situations. I love Quinn, but he isn’t that guy…he’s not Makar.

He will look better when Myers returns, even better IF they get him a true top 4 partner.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Fidds said:

This really exposes our lack of defensive depth, when we have Burroughs, Stillman, Julsen and to an extent Schenn who were all brought in as 7-10 defencman all playing in our top 6. Yet management thought it was smart to load up on forwards and then go onto draft another small skilled forward with no defence in the pipeline.

why? The problem isn't dmen

2 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Not a single forward could get open there

Yeah, I noticed Boeser blowing the zone multiple times in 3rd.  

Okay, I'm done with complaining...  I will write one positive post and leave it at that. 

3 minutes ago, Doxm said:

So, what's a realistic trade for Chychrun look like? 

Rathbone/Karlsson/1st/Boeser//Lekerrimaki? Which one of these does it take. 

Not worth it. Adding Chychrun is not going to fix the issues when something is rotten in Denmark. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Offer them rathbone, boeser, karlsson and a pick.  Doubt its enough

Losing Rathbone would suck, but I’d do it. Boeser is damaged goods, and Kuz plays his position better and cheaper. Honestly, if that trade goes down, I’d extend Kuz soon after. He would still be reasonable, but showing he belongs every game

Edited by BC_Hawk

1 minute ago, McBackup said:

Not worth it. Adding Chychrun is not going to fix the issues when something is rotten in Denmark. 

You're probably right, however this management group is going to do anything it can to get this ship on track IMO.