The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Oct. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

28 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They’ve already fired a coach to spark the team. It worked for a little while but they just reverted back to their old ways.

Next move is a major trade. Only thing left to spark the team and fill the glaring holes.

I would make a trade as well, but they were already thinking about replacing Boudreau once, so wouldn't shock me if they did. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, van_ws said:

Hope the coaches go ballistic and tear these guys up, they deserve it. If it were me, I would start benching lazy players like Miller. He can whine and piss all he wants but lazy effort cannot be accepted. What a sad state of affairs.

Might wanna start by working him into some decent shape.

1 hour ago, McBackup said:

I'm not even mad this time. I was laughing throughout the third period. Part of me kind of hopes they do this again against Minnesota to complete the shitshow before they come home.

I'm going to get drunk and watch Lord of the Rings.

Re watching Peter Jackson’s LOTR right now. Had to after Amazon’s garbage ROP series. They’re just so much better than Amazon’s. Then again so is getting hit in the face with a wrench. Man that sucked. 

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Would it leave a hole though?

Im sure we can find a 3c who is good at face offs for less than 7.5mill.  
Also, Bo sucks defensively. Sure he gets deployed there a lot, but we lose a lot of games….

Bo is a great player, but with Petey emerging as a number 1 this season, Bo can be replaced with a defensive minded 3c for fairly cheap.  

We would lose a lot. We'd be so much easier to shut down. Bo is a legitimate offensive threat. If our only real offensive threat is on the Petey line (with JT moved to the wing to compensate for his poor defensive skills), teams will just match their top shutdown guys against them.

Bo scored 30+ goals last year. We'd miss him for sure. 

We could much more easily part with a winger of which we have a massive surplus. And there are teams (like Calgary or Boston) that need help on the wing. 

I could see a trade with Calgary actually. Toffoli just isn't cutting it for them. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Mo Grit said:

Might wanna start by working him into some decent shape.

Yeah perhaps the offseason (lead up to and having a baby) messed with his training regime? Who knows, he doesn’t look good right now though and he’s only bringing it upon himself. Hope he turns it around quick because his play is not leadership material atm.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

We would lose a lot. We'd be so much easier to shut down. Bo is a legitimate offensive threat. If our only real offensive threat is on the Petey line (with JT moved to the wing to compensate for his poor defensive skills), teams will just match their top shutdown guys against them.

We could much more easily part with a winger of which we have a massive surplus. And there are teams (like Calgary or Boston) that need help on the wing. 

I could see a trade with Calgary actually. Toffoli just isn't cutting it for them. 

Calgary isn't making any trades any time soon

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Hopefully not. Toffoli too streaky and slow in contrast to some of our new F.

We need consistency at every level. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

Package up Boeser, Bo, OEL, Pearson, Myers and get as many high picks and prospects you can.

This group sucks.

No one is taking OEL or Myers.

There's only 7 teams with $4 million plus in cap space.

Maybe Ottawa and Winnipeg if they are close at the deadline. They would take one. OEL I doubt would have any takers.

And you're dreaming if you are thinking we're getting high picks for underachieving players.

For the other team they aren't going be like a charity for Vancouver.

Why would another team want players that suck?

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

Package up Boeser, Bo, OEL, Pearson, Myers and get as many high picks and prospects you can.

This group sucks.

There is no value here other than Bo…… you probably need to attach three first to get rid of them 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

Can we bury OEL and Boeser in the minors? 

both of them cost us like 15 million for literally nothing. 

No.  They made a rule to prevent that.  The team would still be on the hook for most of the cap hit.

edit - I found the chart on Capfriendly

What is a Buried Contract?
Teams do not receive full cap relief when a player on a one-way NHL contract is reassigned to the American Hockey League, or is loaned to a team in another professional league.
The players salary cap hit, minus the sum of the minimum NHL salary for the respective season and $375,000, still counts towards the team’s salary cap total.
The cap hit relief is therefore equal to the minimum salary of the respective season + $375,000:
2021-22: $750,000 + $375,000 = $1,125,000
2022-23: $750,000 + $375,000 = $1,125,000
2023-24: $775,000 + $375,000 = $1,150,000
2024-25: $775,000 + $375,000 = $1,150,000
2025-26: $775,000 + $375,000 = $1,150,000

Edited by goalie13
added chart
  • Thanks 1