The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Columbus Blue Jackets | Oct. 18, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

Ok now they're not even trying to find cool new stats for us, just adding up by 1. 

At least come up with something new..

like Canucks are the first team to lose 4 straight after a players only meeting and within 8 days of adopting a dog named after an ex fan favorite player, in a month that has 31 days.

Or give us credit for some positive firsts (like a prior year when we were the first NHL team to dress 4 players all named Tyler  .... or the first to have half the team with surnames ending in .......son)

These are meaningful firsts.  ^_^

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BPA said:

I think Miller has been on the ice for 10 out of 18 goals against.

:mellow:

He was actually on the ice for 13 of those goals and is currently leading the pack as the worst +/- player on the canucks.   I should also give honerable mention to "The Sloth" - Boeser who was on for 7 of those.   (Just checked the official box scores of all games played to date)

Edited by RU SERIOUS

6 hours ago, J-23 said:

I’ve never seen a lazier effort than Miller there in OT. He should be a healthy scratch. Pathetic.

57 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

Bench the bugger

Get used to it.  He got his contract and can now coast for the next seven years into his golden years like OEL.  He's gonna pull "a Bieksa" on us.    Seen it all before.  If JR had of been smart he would have traded him for whatever he could have gotten in the summer or trade him in the next few weeks while he still can because for many of us that have watched this team closely for many years, we all know that Miller should have never been resigned to LT contract.  Same goes for Horvat and Boeser.      This core needs to be replaced as we have a completely incompatible group of forwards.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

I honestly want to blow it up and trade Petey, Hughes and Demko and restart from scratch. 

We ain't getting this turned around anytime soon. We are wasting their prime at this point. I would rather see Petey and gang hold the cup for another team than being stuck in purgatory with us and wasting their greatness. 

I hear you and feel your pain amigo.

Tbh I would struggle stomach the thought of another 5-8 years of floating around the bottom/ mid bottom of the barrel hockey.

I will support the Canucks regardless, but it has been a somewhat depressing experience.
Getting up at 3AM in the mornings to watch either lack lustre performances of false dawns has taken its toll. 

Canucks fans have been good at keeping each others going through the down years. And if I thought we's get to pick according to our league position, I might buy into the idea. 

But seeing how Nucks has been screwed in every draft they were in, make me think nahhhh. 

But I totally understand your frustration and if they were to do so, I would understand and also support it. 
Time would be now to deal all the good players, while their values are still rising, but signing Miller in the summer meant we are going all in now...

Only problem is, if 'all in' is this....

In saying all the above, I saw enough good hockey v Blue Jackets to give the team a few more games. 

But yes if it doesn't improve severely, I can see easily see Petey playing his hockey else where... 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 hours ago, J-23 said:

So disappointed in Miller. Even supported moving Bo to keep him. That effort in OT…going to take a lot to earn my respect again. Not just putting up points but being responsible defensively and putting in 100% effort.

I honestly think he is ill or injured... can't remember Miller ever being this disinterested...

Just became a dad, did he? Could there be something at home? This is 'name not to be mentioned' level bad... 

just don't get it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

On the plus side, maybe we actually have a chance at Bedard?

Nah......

We'll go on a winning streak at some point... Morale victory etc. 

Or buttman will fix the draft again. 

No way they are letting another Generational talent go to the North West.... and detinitely NOT Vancouver. 

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

We lost.  Not seeing any good in another loss.  We need wins, and right now, or it will soon be bye bye to the playoffs - again. 

Heck, maybe that’s what management wants?  Then (from their point of view) it’s easier to dump Boudreau, make much needed BIG changes, and get a top five pick. 

If they wanted rid of Bruce, he'd be gone by now... might very well be anyway. 

6 hours ago, HKSR said:

"Do you have a 3?"

"No! Go fish!"

ricky gervais laughing GIF

Meh now that I have couple hrs to digest this later disaster. I’m willing to give the team couple more weeks before declaring this is a dumpster fire. Yes we can’t hold a lead but our defence is so banged up and thin basically we have no Myers poolman dermott the entire time 3 that would normally slot in also missing jr so call prizes ufa mikheyev. Missing close to 15mil in cap worth of players chances are you are going to lose most of them. The fact we managed to have the lead in all of them should be a little bit encouraging. Now that we have a full roster? Let’s give it couple weeks before we tear them a new one?

• Cheers 3
  • There it is 1

6 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Would it leave a hole though?

Im sure we can find a 3c who is good at face offs for less than 7.5mill.  
Also, Bo sucks defensively. Sure he gets deployed there a lot, but we lose a lot of games….

Bo is a great player, but with Petey emerging as a number 1 this season, Bo can be replaced with a defensive minded 3c for fairly cheap.  

Doesn't really look like Bo is the problem, does it?

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

OMFG!!!!!! What a bunch of whiners.  I myself a passionate Canucks fan to be sure. Truth be told....yea...I am somewhat perturbed, vexed, with a touch of melancholy thrown in regarding these past first few games. However, being the half glass full type, It's early. Give 'em time to gel. 

Slow starts? Seems to not be a problem as last season. PK? A work in progress. 3rd period performance? I dunno.........Early season rust?  Fatigue? Exhaustion?Well....

Let's hope they work things out.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

9 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Just the let the other team start every game 1-0. These guys are incapable of holding a lead so might as well play from behind.

It's for sure something they haven't had much practice with lol...going back to virtually all of Markstroms seasons accept the final one.    First, or first couple of shots on net, seemed to always find there way in lol.    This team has at least shown it's capable of scoring goals.   Horvat at least showed up ... but it also makes you wonder why can't he show up more often, and what the heck is going on with Miller?    

Anyways now we have 1 out of 8 points! 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, Muttley said:

Was actually Hoglander's fault. 

The game wasn't all that bad. There were good signs. I think we'll end this road trip with a fairly convincing win on Thursday. It isn't easy starting with five straight on the road.

I strongly disagree.

puck possession in 3 on 3 OT is incredibly important.

bo Horvats play and shot selection was extremely poor. The chance of scoring from that angle in that deep On a. Backhand was incredibly low.

did nils mess up yes, but the shot selection and turnover was the reason for the situation. Then Bo chose to help nils and pressure the puck instead of covering his wide open man in behind him.

overall I put more blame on the breakdown leading to the goal on Horvat than Nils.

Nils tried to make a play in deep to regain puck possession and messed up but Bo turned the puck over creating the situation than men bit up leaving his man to execute the game winning goal on a  2 v 1 rush.

it wasn’t like petey taking a higher percentage shot from a dangerous spot and cranking the post. If we lost on that counter rush it would have been unlucky but more understandable. I just hated the play and shot selection by Bo  

2 hours ago, spook007 said:

Nah......

We'll go on a winning streak at some point... Morale victory etc. 

Or buttman will fix the draft again. 

No way they are letting another Generational talent go to the North West.... and detinitely NOT Vancouver. 

Well they might give Bedard to Seattle .... they want these teams to be good right away, and they kind of sold Seattle a ball of goods raising their expansion fee 100 million (during covid no less!) after Vegas exploded into the scene.    With no state tax, and Bedard plus what they've already got plus the following years draft, Francis and co could be building a Chicago circa late 2000's team or PIT mid 2000's team in our back yard sooner then later - minus of course the decade of suck that has become the norm these days for most rebuilding teams.

Is Bedard really this good though?   A lot of folks thought Dahlin and Jack Hughes were going to be "that good"....

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Well they might give Bedard to Seattle .... they want these teams to be good right away, and they kind of sold Seattle a ball of goods raising their expansion fee 100 million (during covid no less!) after Vegas exploded into the scene.    With no state tax, and Bedard plus what they've already got plus the following years draft, Francis and co could be building a Chicago circa late 2000's team or PIT mid 2000's team in our back yard sooner then later - minus of course the decade of suck that has become the norm these days for most rebuilding teams.

Is Bedard really this good though?   A lot of folks thought Dahlin and Jack Hughes were going to be "that good"....

I mean watch bedard play how he skates an shoots specifically. He’s pretty special.

Jack Hughes is good but lots of people felt he wasn’t like a Matthews’s or Mcdavid level 1st overall. 

And Dahlin I feel like he was rushed a little. I still think he’s a special dman. His point totals at his age are very good too. 

and even in a Redraft he’d still go top 3/4.

but ya bedard only neg is height other than that I think he’s got it all.  

• Cheers 1