The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Sat. Oct. 22, 2022 Buffalo Sabres(3-1-0) @ Vancouver Canucks(0-3-2) 7:00pm PT at Rogers Arena (HOME ICE!) HNIC SNP SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

50 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wow actual Canucks guests!

I thought it would be McDavids dog walker and kindergarten teacher for sure…

Kindergarten teacher already had a speaking arrangement at NHL HQ

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

It's a nice story but we don't have their defense or a still highly effective and healthy Kesler. That Ducks team was the stingiest team in the league, winning the Jennings and featured 3 D with 28 points or more. Didn't have a lot of top end scoring but had 11 guys with 20 points or more. 15 guys with 15 points or more. 

Sure, this is in retrospect and I'm not saying we can't turn things around, but we're built differently than that Ducks team. Particularly our D. That Ducks team was a middle of the pack team when it came to goals, they only put up 215 that year, but their defense was their bread and butter. We're the opposite, we seem to be able to score but we bleed goals thus far. 

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/ANA/2016.html

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Googlie said:

How so?  10 points in 9 games is over .500

4-3-2 is over .500

I get that we'd have won 4 and lost 5, but the point for a regulation tie is part of the calculus 

What am I missing?

(I still wish we'd go to the IIHF 3-2-1 system (3 points for a reg win, 1 point each for a reg tie with a second point for the OT winner) where every match is worth the same number of points, not some worth 3 and others just 2

Nothing... you are spot on :)

15 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

REFEREES

Carter Sandlak #47
2021_CS47.jpg?resize=120,120&ssl=1
Kendrick Nicholson #30
KN30.jpg?resize=120,120
Games ’22-23 0 4
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 2 / 0 75 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 2 / 0 447 / 0
First NHL Game 3/22/22 1/17/15
Birthplace Vancouver, BC Milverton, ON

LINESMEN

Kiel Murchison #79
KM79.jpg?resize=120,120
Libor Suchanek #60
LS60.jpg?resize=120,120
Games ’22-23 4 4
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 76 / 24 77 / 6
Career Games (Reg/PO) 671 / 58 311 / 16
First NHL Game 1/21/13 11/16/17
Birthplace Cloverdale, BC Stod, Czech

Could be worse at least it isn’t cam Neelys or Barry pedersons son 

53 minutes ago, BPA said:

I’m certain a few posters would have liked Boeser be sent down.  In hopes he’d get claimed and Canucks free up cap space.

:rolleyes:

Not necessarily - lthough I  like the part about freeing up cap space to maybe, just maybe, finally atempt to fix our beleaguered defence if thst meets JR's approval.    He should at least fetch a 2nd in a trade.

Going to be a tough game. Sabres chased Marky in Calgary and beat oils too. Their goalie Eric Comrie made 46 saved v Oils, 43 saves v flames. 

Demko needs to have his best game of the season.  GAA 4.3 SV% 0.861 in 4 games.  

Edited by Jaimito
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Going to be a tough game. Sabres chased Marky in Calgary and beat oils too. Their goalie Eric Comrie made 46 saved v Oils, 43 saves v flames. 

Demko needs to have his best game of the season.  GAA 4.3 SV% 0.861 in 4 games.  

Craig Anderson will get the start tonight.

• There it is 1