The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will The Real JT Miller Please Stand Up?

Rate this topic

Junkyard Dog

12 hours ago, gurn said:

Why did it have to be done?

Whatever happened to management's goal of doing hard, unpopular things in order to improve.?

Letting Brock walk was an option. Trading Brock was also an option.

Same as not trading Miller at the deadline, same as signing Miller, same as signing Miller for 7 years.

Mikheyev  is also on them- fortunately that looks like an ok signing; provided the guy can stay healthy.

Those signings are on them, not JB.

Current management has signed players for more than $20 mill for next season.  Almost a quarter of the entire cap.

Absolutely.  JB left us with exactly one anchor, and a bevy of guys we could sell...team went on a roll and it is what it is.   

11 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Not really...I just ditch when all the negativity hits the fan. It's not fun.

JT's exactly as advertised and is high risk, high reward. Things aren't clicking right now...not just with him, with everyone. I hate his no look passes but I also see how, when they connect and he gets a beautiful assist, they work at times. He's got to work on that end of things for sure. I saw Bieksa work to improve his pinches and just because a guy might be making some mistakes, doesn't mean he doesn't care or can't fix them.

What others see as lazy and disinterested is something he's touched on (and needs to work on)....deflation when it's not working. It's not that he doesn't care, it's he cares too much and gets caught up in the moment. He's gotta get a handle on that because it puts the team a step behind. He's all in but at times that swallows him up.

Still is my favourite player, that won't change. He's honest, heart on this sleeve and is...struggling right now. Along with Hughes, Demko (to some degree), Myers, etc.

It's a team game and if I could bet on one guy to pull us out of this funk, he'd be the one (along with Petey and Bo). I'm quiet because I've done this before...with Burrows, Bieksa and even Miller last year. Good players will have bad streaks at times...I don't give up on them as easily as others do.  And I've been proven right more than wrong in that.

When he's killing it down the road I'll make up for lost time and being quiet....you know, when everyone else fades out again like last year.

Good post Deb.   I keep leaving hints, not having to go far back in history, just to last year in fact, when EP was really not even ok a lot of games the first half...he wasn't getting the same pounding Miller is getting, but also was getting his fist share.    Burrows and Bieksa for sure got a pounding ... "Burrows, do we really need him?" ... and for whatever reason quite a few folks really didn't like Bieksa.   Miller is a big boy, he will figure it out and turn it around. 

13 hours ago, hockeyville88 said:

I get that we are pissed and frustrated but this is ridiculous and needs to stop. It is not going to help our players play better or want to play any harder for the club

https://twitter.com/risingaction/status/1584363667239632896?s=46&t=VsLpNbRCW6yiHcjthdNlhg

do you really believed that happened?

• Cheers 1

Thomas Drance asked JT about the pumpkin patch event, and JT said it didn't happen.  JT also said even if it was true, a few guys don't speak for the fan base. 

Go to 19:10 mark. 

[Halford & Brough in the Morning] Hour 3 - Canucks update w/ Thomas Drance + What We Learned #halfordBroughInTheMorning 

https://podcastaddict.com/episode/147351452 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Thomas Drance asked JT about the pumpkin patch event, and JT said it didn't happen.  JT also said even if it was true, a few guys don't speak for the fan base. 

thanks thats good to hear. Wanted to :sick: when I heard that story. 

Edited by JM_
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Go to 19:10 mark. 

[Halford & Brough in the Morning] Hour 3 - Canucks update w/ Thomas Drance + What We Learned #halfordBroughInTheMorning 

https://podcastaddict.com/episode/147351452 

It seemed pretty unlikely… an anonymous 14 year old on Reddit isn’t a source of reliable news.

The Reddit post has been deleted since then.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

For those who have lost track.  As of Nov 3rd.  Miller has been on the ice for 8 of the 12 PK Goals we've given up.  (Honerable mention and runner-up goes to OEL who's been on for 7 of the 12 PK goals we've given up).  Is it coincidence that both of them have the two worst "Albatross" contracts on this team and are the worst penalty killers on the entire team!

Both should be immediately taken of the PK.  What is Bruce thinking putting those two on the PK?

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

For those who have lost track.  As of Nov 3rd.  Miller has been on the ice for 8 of the 12 PK Goals we've given up.  (Honerable mention and runner-up goes to OEL who's been on for 7 of the 12 PK goals we've given up).  Is it coincidence that both of them have the two worst "Albatross" contracts on this team and are the worst penalty killers on the entire team!

Both should be immediately taken of the PK.  What is Bruce thinking putting those two on the PK?

Thanks for just bolding  the entire post and not yelling at us this time.   Who would you want on the PK instead?   Unlike the PP, where you can play the first unit the entire 2 minutes ... the PK needs two solid units ... EP, Horvat, Mikheyev ?    OEL Myers ... QHs Schenn?  Yikes we need Motte!

Edit;  You also need to base it on minutes played.  If OEL is getting 80% of the PK time, and is only giving up 60is% of the goals he's doing better then the next guy up ...Looked it up, Myers is the last guy off or so it appears.  Brisbois actually has played the most average PK so far.   Myers actually is one of a few guys that's not a minus on the year so far too...same with Mikheyev 

Edited by IBatch

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Thanks for just bolding  the entire post and not yelling at us this time.   Who would you want on the PK instead?   Unlike the PP, where you can play the first unit the entire 2 minutes ... the PK needs two solid units ... EP, Horvat, Mikheyev ?    OEL Myers ... QHs Schenn?  Yikes we need Motte!

Edit;  You also need to base it on minutes played.  If OEL is getting 80% of the PK time, and is only giving up 60is% of the goals he's doing better then the next guy up ...Looked it up, Myers is the last guy off or so it appears.  Brisbois actually has played the most average PK so far.   Myers actually is one of a few guys that's not a minus on the year so far too...same with Mikheyev 

lazar when healthy pearson maybe even garland.. i put any of those ahead of miller.. again Miller is only good at faceoff.. and he's not even good at that this season.. on the PK he'll stand between the point guy and the goalie to block the point shot.. but that's about it he doesn't pressure he doesn't really move around he's like a pylon out there on the pk and most of the time the opposing player just choose to skate around or pass it down low or just setup the 1 timer on the other side since they have so much time. how often have you seen Miller on the PK attack the puck carrier like other team attacks ours? very rare. having Miller on the ice for PK feels like it's a 5v3 instead of a 5v4.. 

• Cheers 1