The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] October 24, 2022 Carolina Hurricanes (3-1-1) @ Vancouver Canucks (0-4-2) Rogers Arena 7:30pm PT SN360 SNO SNP SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

I hate to say it, but I think we get run out of the rink tonight.

1 or 2 more losses will bring some roster movement I'd have to think.  Might not be the worst thing, as it gives us time to salvage the season.

My guess is that both Horvat and Boeser are gone in the next week.

• Cheers 2

Feels a lot like a 4-0 loss but because of that will turn into a 3-2 win. We hold the 3-2 lead through the entire third period just so we can all have a few dozen heart attacks during all the high quality chances the Canes will have in the 3rd.  Demko 40+ saves.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

if we lose again tonight I vote we do a very bland basic GDT for the next Canuck game. Here to talk hockey i scroll down through all the pictures and memes or whatever you kids call it, i just want to talk Canuck hockey...yes you can all hate on me for that

This is a pretty big group. People have different ways of communicating/expressing themselves.
Just scroll past the posts/people you're not interested in, and be glad this forum is here.
Some NHL team pages don't even have a message forum.
B)

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

I vote we do a very bland basic GDT for the next Canuck game.

Go to:  2022-2023 GDT Sign-Up Thread

Make sure you tell everybody to only post very bland basic stuff and no pictures or gifs or anything; just 'hockey talk'.

You can gauge from this GDT where I asked everybody to quit moaning, whining, and complaining, just about how much success you can expect to achieve.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, DS4quality said:

Remember when people were blaming Roger Takahashi for all our injuries? 

I missed the chance of commenting at the time, but was anyone else surprised at the home-opener introductions at the number of doctors on the Canucks staf  -  8, if my memory serves me

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

I missed the chance of commenting at the time, but was anyone else surprised at the home-opener introductions at the number of doctors on the Canucks staf  -  8, if my memory serves me

Doctors are getting like lawyers. They know where the pickings are good. 6 games in and the Canuck players are dropping like flies. 

20 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I hate to say it, but I think we get run out of the rink tonight.

1 or 2 more losses will bring some roster movement I'd have to think.  Might not be the worst thing, as it gives us time to salvage the season.

My guess is that both Horvat and Boeser are gone in the next week.

We’re talking about Alvin here….

1 hour ago, gurn said:

A brief public service announcement:

I see a few folk are talking of partaking in an alcoholic beverage, due to tonight's game.

3107b49f9d11e10223927ef7ef2de2ec.jpg.45a3197f4bf0c4778aadba46b64edebe.jpg

There is help available, should your consumption get out of control.

Yup skip the dishes will bring you beer now if you run out before the bender has run it's course.

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Muttley said:

Even with Quinn Hughes out, I actually think they're going to have a real bounce back game. One would surmise there's been some soul searching and a clearing

of the air among the guys. They don't want to be perceived as a bunch of dimwits just playing for themselves and disliking their team-mates. Shite happens when

things are not going as planned. That trend has to stop and tonight should see the start of that.

One thing I would surmise. If a full blown rebuild started to be seriously talked about, Pettersson and Hughes would likely be contacting their agent and saying: 

Get me outta here !!!!

Well I wouldn't want that but they would bring a boatload in return, so.....

I might wait until Christmas to blow it up but there's very little reason to think it will turn around. 

These aren’t your dads old Hartford Whalers or 1990’s hurricanes folks. Here they are… rock us like a Hurricane.

(never noticed until now but that planet looks like it’s out of the starfox SNES game, definitely not planet earth)

CDAE82D9-1ACA-43F4-8AA2-3F8D0536AA75.gif

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, ronthecivil said:

Well I wouldn't want that but they would bring a boatload in return, so.....

I might wait until Christmas to blow it up but there's very little reason to think it will turn around. 

If you are an experienced fan you can tell the writing is on the wall for this team, there is no turning it around with all left unchanged.

Sure you can "hope" they will but huge difference between what is plausible and what is a dream, let's be real for once and just accept this team is not going to function in its current format no matter how much good vibes you send their way.