The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Bruins trade Jack Studnicka to Canucks for Michael DiPietro, Jonathan Myrenberg

30 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I think this trade was about giving to guys DiPietro and Strudncka a fresh start to reinvigorate their careers. B) 

Good point. The canucks have moved players out before. Bubble players that initially were part of the plan but different circumstance blocked the plan. So for everyone’s benefit and  said players value, rather than letting him rot in the system , they move him to give him the chance that he wanted/needed. As fans don’t always find out the level of reluctance of a teams stance on keeping or moving them. And Only see what we get in return. I like this trade and hope it works for all players involved 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

He does deserve a chance with a new organization no chance we were keeping him until his contract runs out after how his career started, it’s just the respectful thing to do. 

Fair I'm just saying throw in anything but a RD even if that guy we lost was "meh"  it's just a weird decision 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Fair I'm just saying throw in anything but a RD even if that guy we lost was "meh"  it's just a weird decision 

6’3” 19 yr old I  get what your saying but considering his draft position with Allvin telling media he’s 5 years out. Is that Allvin down playing in order to justify it?  Looking at it another way. If he was that expendable and apparently he was. We can look forward to a bigger trade for a better RH dman. 

• Upvote 1

Funny I remember when Jb was throwing picks and prospects away like candy at Halloween and the same folks crying about this would defend him.lol

oh it’s a 5th rd pick odds of making the nhl are nil… the go to excuse. 
i believe that was even used for second rounders that excuse came with a graph usually lololololol. 
But now your upset. Now your awake. 

not even close to frosling trade which so many defended at the time.

its pretty funny to see.

i guess 8 years of trading picks and not drafting anything past the 3rd round has caught up with us must be surprising to so many Benning supporters better get mad when we trade a 5th rounder now lolololololololol how’s  jett woo doing he’s a RHD huh. 

Edited by combover
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JM_ said:

one of the funniest parts of CDC is how minor deals get blown up into giant shit shows. 

Are we over Corrado yet? 

Corrado’s a good example of both van an TO mishandling a player. This kid was as close a clone to tanev if there was one but we’ll never know so to your question  no I’m not :P

Edited by chon derry
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, combover said:

Funny I remember when Jb was throwing picks and prospects away like candy at Halloween and the same folks crying about this would defend him.lol

oh it’s a 5th rd pick odds of making the nhl are nil… the go to excuse. 
i believe that was even used for second rounders that excuse came with a graph usually lololololol. 
But now your upset. Now your awake. 

not even close to frosling trade which so many defended at the time.

its pretty funny to see.

i guess 8 years of trading picks and not drafting anything past the 3rd round has caught up with us must be surprising to so many Benning supporters better get made when we trade a 5th rounder now lolololololololol how jett woo doing he’s a RHD huh. 

wokeness aside, it is true that we haven't found a good 3C replacement for Sutter. Its been a real problem for this team. 

Now if, and its a big IF, Studnicka can actually be an effective RH3C that we don't need to pay nearly 5 mil to keep, thats a win for us. 

I have no idea if this guy can be that, we'll find out soon enough. 

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Corrado’s a good example of both van an TO mishandling a player. This kid was as close a clone to tanev if there was one but we’ll never know so to your question  no I’m not :P

people seem to forget that Forsling couldn't stick with CHI and got waived by Carolina before finding a home in FLA. 

Now back to our regularly scheduled :frantic:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

This speaks volumes.

We'll yet again be going for short term fixes, rather than focusing on the bigger picture.

We're destined to stay mediocre with this mentality.

Oh you crazy optimist!

We aspire to hopefully one day become mediocre.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JM_ said:

people seem to forget that Forsling couldn't stick with CHI and got waived by Carolina before finding a home in FLA. 

Now back to our regularly scheduled :frantic:

Don’t know anything about forsling other than his name. all that could have happened during one of my don’t give a $hit periods. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, chon derry said:

Don’t know anything about forsling other than his name. all that could have happened during one of my don’t give a $hit periods. 

he's good now, but he nearly got bounced out of the league before finding his footing in FLA. Its a good example of how you never really know how some prospects will turn out, sometimes they suck for one of two teams and are good for another. Its why we can't freak out over these minor deals, maybe this time the guy we got is the "Forsling" but what I do know is no one knows.

People seem to be mad on principle, and thats fair. But no one knows what the real quality of any of the players are in the deal yet. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1