The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 28, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I thought Rathbone had the best game of his Canuck tenure. He was holding to ozone line well and moving the puck very well. There are new bodies coming into the lineup and returning injury players. I am hoping that Rathbone stays in for 20 games so that we can get a better idea of his potential. Some fans want to trade him but that is a tad quick as we haven't seen enough of him. Everytime I look at Florida I groan over how well Forsling is playing. 

I agree that Rathbone is benefiting from Hughes being out, at times he looks like he's all over the ice out there!!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Ohhhh you bet JM. Been guilty of that many times over the years. I’ve seen lots of guys on our farm that I thought for sure would make, only to flop once they get to the NHL. Darren Archibald was a big one for me. He was everything to Utica, but every time he played on the NHL he looked like a shell of what he was in the AHL.

Some guys just can’t break through that barrier. I think part of it is mental as in confidence and drive, but a lot of times it’s just the talent level isn’t there and that’s hard to train into a guy…by the time some of these long term prospects are ready they have aged out, coaches or management or both have changed, and the opinions on the player himself has changed and then boom they’re 25 and done, stuck as a tweener in the AHL or off to Europe they go.

Still great hockey players, just got lost in the mix of things and took too long to develop. 

when you're trying to be the best 700 or so at anything on the planet its going to be hard. 

Yeah I remember the DA hype, he was going to be our toughness answer too :lol: ah well. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

You don't know that cause it is already crap and how well do you think the D or top pairing will hold up, in the playoffs ?  The cap space,.alone will help the team improve; and honestly, even IF they get in, do you really see this roster winning a cup vs another playoff fodder ?   

The chasing a playoff strategy persist vs creating a cup team.  Anyways, happy for the team - take the win

We can’t find a top 4 dman right now; why would we trade our 1B guy right now? Go look around the league; OEL is not overpaid in a world where nurse makes 9.5m!

And the fwd group we are icing right now is very good. If creating a cup team involves dismantling all of our good players, that makes no sense.

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, BC_Hawk said:

We can’t find a top 4 dman right now; why would we trade our 1B guy right now? Go look around the league; OEL is not overpaid in a world we’re nurse makes 9.5m!

And the fwd group we are icing right now is very good. If creating a cup team involves dismantling all of our good players, that makes no sense.

Yup.  Our goalies stopped pucks at about .850 during the first 8 games.  We saw last night how good our club looks when our goalie is better than his opposite.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

But what about that JT guy?

Playing with one foot and still smashing guys around out there. In't he something???  :towel:

Gotta give credit where it’s due, this is the guy we were all expecting. He was an absolute thorn in Crosbys side last night, I loved it!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Attila Umbrus said:

Gotta give credit where it’s due, this is the guy we were all expecting. He was an absolute thorn in Crosbys side last night, I loved it!

This is JT; the best guy when things are going his way….a pouter when they aren’t. Not a huge deal, but people have to take it for what it is. Bo is the opposite; not too high…not too low. Perfect captain

• Cheers 1

Good night out for sure. A number of things stood out to me

Jarry who I really like played deep in his net all game long
OEL was likely the worse D'man, alway second to the puck he looked slow
Horvats goal of the wing reeked of confidence, a great shot.
Brisebois looked like he belonged.
The physicallity of the Canucks I think maybe surprised Pitts, keep it up

0  0   REPLY
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

This is JT; the best guy when things are going his way….a pouter when they aren’t. Not a huge deal, but people have to take it for what it is. Bo is the opposite; not too high…not too low. Perfect captain

I don't know that "pouter" is the right word.

"Overthinker", sure.

But a pouter means he's feeling sorry for himself and I don't think that's the case. He's pissed off when he checks out. It's an issue...we know it, he knows it. But I don't think he's pouting...he's "stewing" and often that leads to good things after the fact. Fires him up. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, JM_ said:

when you're trying to be the best 700 or so at anything on the planet its going to be hard. 

Yeah I remember the DA hype, he was going to be our toughness answer too :lol: ah well. 

Win some you lose some…ok in my case a lot lol. I thought Lind would pan out too, nothing yet. Even Brendan Gaunce.

One feather in my cap was Burrows. Watched him on the Moose, then get called up for 4th line duty. His first game for the nucks I knew we had something special there. His awareness for the game to me was off the charts. I didn’t think he would peak the wsy he did tho! I thought solid 3rd line winger, momentum changer kinda guy…not 1st line magic man who would stir the twins drinks for years to come lol. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Yup, Bo and Miller work very well together and it makes the manuafactured “conflict” between them all the more hilarious. In Bo you have that goal-scoring C who is also a face-off whiz, and then you have Miller who can pop goals too but also has a bit more playmaking….and is no slouch on face offs either. Those two are a tough bit of business for other teams to handle….and Garland in there creating chaos just works. And don’t forget that Bo and Miller are heavy players, both around 215 pounds. 

More and more it seems like Brock is the odd man out, which is tough to say because I like the person and the potential he has as a player. But unless some organization out there is absolutely in love with him and can overlook his recent form, and injuries (again!)….I think he’s tough to trade.

I agree with everything you have said here. 

Like Brock too but with the emergence of the Russians there may not be enough room for him .

Just now, bishopshodan said:

I agree with everything you have said here. 

Like Brock too but with the emergence of the Russians there may not be enough room for him .

Yeah. Early returns suggest that Kuz may be what we all wanted Brock to be. I’d love to be wrong about Brock….but it’s up to him to make me wrong, and he hasn’t really shown signs of doing so.

• Cheers 1