The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

95% here seem to have given up on this season, this owner, this management group, and this core (after a 2-game winning streak)!

Rate this topic

CanucksFan8353

1 hour ago, CanucksFan8353 said:

But calling the Sedins whores wins championships how?  The bullying and taunting of the Canucks wins championships how?  One thing I could see it actually doing is running the whole NHL out of Vancouver.  

They named the BC lions just that. Because they represent BC. The canucks aren’t any different. The organization knows this. The team has travelled through out the province. And you view is very lower main land centric.  your not alone with that. A comparison would be how we as Canadians view US politics and how Americans would see that. Do they care. NO. Does the average Canuck fan in Vancouver know or care about the positive support that exists outside of Vancouver. NO. But to people outside of Vancouver we realize that lack of knowledge but you’d have see it from an outsiders perspective  The positive support is much MUCH bigger than any inquiring mind would conclude and it  is as fanatical as it is anywhere in the lower mainland. But thanks for showin up. 

Edited by chon derry
  • Vintage 3

27 minutes ago, AV. said:

He was criticizing the owner for whoring them out in the press conference.  And for good reason...why are "consultants" up there?  Shouldn't it be the business people taking pictures, not former players?

How or why your interpreted this as a dig towards the Sedins says more about your reading comprehension than it does the remark.

I just want to clarify some things:

1) I was actually all in on Tank for Bedard until I saw the team show up last Thursday and Friday nights.  THAT was the team that went at like a .650 pace under Boudreau last year.  I don't think it is at all unreasonable to at least suspend the pitchforks and burnings-at-the-steak until we get a sense of what this team really is.  Are they the tire fire of the opening part of the season or the team that chased the Penguins right out of Vancouver?  

2) Suspending the outrage while the team is doing well is not that unreasonable  If they pile up 3 losses this week, well then by all means let's burn-em' at the steak like you want to do next week. 

3) I think it is absurd to call for momumental changes to a team based on a 7-game sample size when eventual bottom feeders are typically seen #1 in the entire league early on.

4) I can forward you a copy of my college degree and high school transcripts to show you just how superb my reading comprehension is.  Actually, I'd be willing to get you into touch with former professors, my current employer and my old high school teachers if you doubt that English was my best subject, straight As in-class and then 80% on the English 12 provncial.  Just goes to prove my point, you responded to me by acting like a high school bully would.

5) If one is willing to let himself be whored, that, by definition, would make him a whore.  If you weren't a whore, you wouldn't let yourself get whored out, would you?  Also, please do tell me where it says in their contract that the consultant role does not extend to the business operations side of the Canucks. 

6) CDC didn't used to be as toxic as HF.  I'm surprised it now is.

7) I'm not claiming to be a morally superior fan at all.  I'm just saying that it is literally insane to judge a whole season based on 7 games, as many of you on here are.

Lastly, all I am saying is let's just see what we have here before we display this apoleptic rage.  The COVID crises and Green firing disrupted what could have been last season. 

Edited by CanucksFan8353
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Whole lotta big assumptions, made up stats, crybaby feelings and all around lols in here.  

The team is facing massive criticism because they went 0-7, with the glaring issue being the defence, which everyone knew, and nothing was done.   

This management had a lot of time to make changes.  
They talked big talk.   They saw the same problems we have all been watching for years. 
Then they didn’t address it even a little.  
In fact, they loaded up on what we had too much of.   

They all deserve to get shit on.  
Ownership, management, players, the stupid whale. 

It’s been a mess of a year. 

Can they turn it around?   Maybe.  

Will they do what they always do?   

Blow it hard, then make a big push and come up short, destroying their draft position at the same time.     Probably.  

This is why people are pissed. 
It’s a bunch of the same old shit every year.  

Having said all that, the Sedin’s aren’t whores.  Hahah

If that's where we are at the end of the season, I would 1000% agree with you.  Not enough evidence for that yet though.

6 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Whole lotta big assumptions, made up stats, crybaby feelings and all around lols in here.  

The team is facing massive criticism because they went 0-7, with the glaring issue being the defence, which everyone knew, and nothing was done.   

This management had a lot of time to make changes.  
They talked big talk.   They saw the same problems we have all been watching for years. 
Then they didn’t address it even a little.  
In fact, they loaded up on what we had too much of.   

They all deserve to get shit on.  
Ownership, management, players, the stupid whale. 

It’s been a mess of a year. 

Can they turn it around?   Maybe.  

Blow it hard, then make a big push and come up short, destroying their draft position at the same time.     Probably.  

This is why people are pissed. 
It’s a bunch of the same old shit every year.  

Having said all that, the Sedin’s aren’t whores.  Hahah

Also, I don't believe in quick fixes.  Bedard and a new owner wouldn't necessarily turn this franchise around.  It may, but it's not guaranteed.  Look at Eichel in Buffalo.  Matthews and Marner in Toronto.

Edited by CanucksFan8353

1 minute ago, CanucksFan8353 said:

I just want to clarify some things:

1) I was actually all in on Tank for Bedard until I saw the team show up last Thursday and Friday nights.  THAT was the team that went at like a .650 pace under Boudreau last year.  I don't think it is at all unreasonable to at least suspend the pitchforks and burnings-at-the-steak until we get a sense of what this team really is.  Are they the tire fire of the opening part of the season or the team that chased the Penguins right out of Vancouver?  

2) Suspending the outrage while the team is doing well is not that unreasonable  If they pile up 3 losses this week, well then by all means let's burn-em' at the steak like you want to do next week. 

3) I think it is absurd to call for momumental changes to a team based on a 7-game sample size when eventual bottom feeders are typically seen #1 in the entire league early on.

4) I can forward you a copy of my college degree and high school transcripts to show you just how superb my reading comprehension is.  Actually, I'd be willing to get you into touch with former professors, my current employer and my old high school teachers if you doubt that English was my best subject, straight As and then 80% on the English 12 provncial.  Just goes to prove my point, you responded to me by acting like a high school bully would.

5) If one is willing to let himself be whored, that, by definition, would make him a whore.  If you weren't a whore, you wouldn't let yourself get whored out, would you?  Also, please do tell me where it says in their contract that the consultant role does not extend to the business operations side of the Canucks. 

Lastly, all I am saying is let's just see what we have here before we display this apoleptic rage.  The COVID crises and Green firing disrupted what could have been last season. 

1.  If a two games sample size was all it took to change stances, you were never the previous stance.
2.  Yeah, it should, but some fans could see 0-82-0 and still try to find positives.  That's their predisposition on these things.
3.  Is it 7 games or 8 years?
4.  I apologize.  I didn't mean it in a general sense, just for that particular moment/reading that particular thread.  I trust you're a bright person :) 
5.  Human trafficking, forced prostitution?  Now, I'm not saying the Sedins are those type of employees, but simply saying people have total agency in their professions is not always true.  I didn't watch the press conference, but from the images I saw, I did not see the current chairman at all.  I don't think that's a coincidence that he wasn't in the picture, but likeable Canucks figures were.

12 minutes ago, CanucksFan8353 said:

Also, I don't believe in quick fixes.  Bedard and a new owner wouldn't necessarily turn this franchise around.  It may, but it's not guaranteed.  Look at Eichel in Buffalo.  Matthews and Marner in Toronto.

I think the idea of a new owner is ridiculous.  
You can’t make someone sell their shit.  
If he wants it, he keeps it.  
Also, I don’t think quick fixes are the answer either.  
BUT

Bedard is not a quick fix.  
He is a come in next year as a superstar kinda kid. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

35 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Blow it hard, then make a big push and come up short, destroying their draft position at the same time.     

Everytime. West Coast Express team or the Sedin era team. They both did it.  Looks like we are gonna stick with tradition. 

• Cheers 1

The thing for me, is after 10 years of being as positive as i could be through a very long, disappointing and painful rebuild we are now left in this purgatory of still not really knowing what this team is.  

We had a lot of hope in 2019 bubble heroics that we were finally seeing this promising young core that, with the right supporting pieces, could compete for a cup. 

Since then we have had 2 more years of disappointments and false dawns with no real consistency or signs of positive future. 

Into year 3 of our post playoff doldrums - were seeing the same old problems and It looks like this core is never going to be competitive as the 'core' pieces just aren't good enough.

Everyone who sat through the long Benning rebuild saw the lack of proper tanking, late seasons winning streaks and building a 'winning culture' with a 14million dollar 4th line costing us high draft spots just didn't work, it built this; a team that has thus far not shown it can compete - and the word has always been that F.A won't embrace a full tank. So its natural some people want to see a owner who will do what it takes as they don't wanna endure the same pain again.

So a long losing streak and the fan base is gonna get upset and is going to want reassurances that we might have a competitive team at least sometime in the future.  

A few winning streaks and that hope and promise will return, and we can believe that just adding a few more key pieces once the Benning blunders have resolved themselves will see this core team come good again. Everyone is happy and cheery and parade routes are being planned again. 

I use 'All' as liberally as the OP's stats of course. 

The media here have always been negative, childish and winey - i wish that would change for sure.  But I think were justified in being a unstable and somewhat binary lot at this point in time, until we see some true and sustained hope were on a path back to have an entertaining and competitive team we can be proud of. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Everytime. West Coast Express team or the Sedin era team. They both did it.  Looks like we are gonna stick with tradition. 

I’m 36 and was born and raised on the Canucks. It’s happened since I can remember. 
Even my dad says it has always happened.