The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, VanCan2023 said:

Maybe they should not have messed with the chemistry they had going as a team, and introducing 2 new players right off the bat. Ease them in, not while the team finally came together and won the first whole team effort game of the year... Not saying the don't belong, just not now... baby steps Bruce. 

yeah, I agree.  Not impressed with the coaching right now.  Canucks have good players playing bad hockey.

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

You guys are talking about D not being available.

Ben Chiarot was available as a free agent and signed with the Wings for 19 million for 4 years.

That is the same price which the Canucks paid for Mikheyev.

What was needed more?  Another forward or a big tough 6'3" 234 lb Canadian D who can score???

Yes, Chiarot is 31, but he has been relatively durable and should be good to 35.

This is just one example of the options which were available last summer.

Or trading from a surplus of forwards perhaps.  I gotta get the hell out of here. Hahah what a mess 

22 minutes ago, nivlek604 said:

Problem is this wasn’t ‘Bennings team’ and this isnt new managements team. This has always been that weirdo Francisco’s team. Get him out of there

Francesco is a fan of this team.

A fan should never own a team.

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Ben Chiarot was available as a free agent and signed with the Wings for 19 million for 4 years.

What was needed more?  Another forward or a big tough 6'3" 234 lb Canadian D who can score???

Yes, Chiarot is 31, but he has been relatively durable and should be good to 35.

Could have paid up for Marino instead of twiddling our thumbs

4 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

I don’t even like what he said after the game, show some damn emotion and figure out what is constantly going wrong!

When players win, keep them in the lineup. When they lose, make changes. 

Demko needs to work on his game till Martin looses. Hughes has lost any interest in defence. Miller has no interest in D. EOL is absolutely awful. Myers is running around covering for him. Podkolzin and Hoglander look like kids with not a scrap of confidence. Horvat is playing well, but we haven’t given him a big contract, yet. Bear was okay, but Burroughs has been good. Stillman was a post, not a fraction of what Rathbone brings. Stidnicks? Meh, at least Dries was visible.

Aquilini said Vancouver fans won’t stand for a rebuild. Apparently, they are happier being awful forever.

4 minutes ago, Comeback_Kings said:

yeah, I agree.  Not impressed with the coaching right now.  Canucks have good players playing bad hockey.

Sorry to break it to you. We have many bad and lazy players on this roster.

Coaching ain't the problem. You can get Barry Trotz in here and he won't fair any better. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I appreciate what your saying, but another mid 30's dman taking 5 million cap space is something we absolutely don't need, as we already have three 30 years plus here, some making more. 

If we were a cup contender looking for that final piece for sure he is a short term stud. But a young and "up and coming team" needs to stray away from those signings.  

8 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

People keep making excuses that the new management group deserve more time to finally assess them. The problem isn't about the time. It's about the impact. There have been numerous opportunities to do something bold with the new team they inherited (not built). They chose to waste cap space on re-signing Miller while doing absolutely jack all for everything else.

- They did nothing at the trade deadline when they could've flipped Miller for something that could help us in the future. It's this short sightedness that will cost the Canucks more time.

- They made an exceptionally big splash at the free agency, signing Kuzmenko and Mikheyev.

- Both of these did not help the defense.

Mikheyev is a good signing, and so was Kuzmenko. We can't take away these signings, but the other newcomers have seemingly made little positive contribution. Our new assistant GMs have failed just as much as Allvin has.

Yep and after all those years of the JB fiasco I think everyone is ready for a change of personnel that wins hockey games! I went to the Carolina game and being on Van. Island it’s quite a financial hit to go see a non playoff team against a top tier team.

4 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Great example :) we definitely have issues here!

Honestly don't think we can't ever compete for the cup with OEL on the roster, every year from now his value will dwindle and contract will bloat. He will be our new LE soon.

Myers is the least consistent top 4 defenceman. Some nights he plays great and other times just terrible.

Miller is always twerking on other forwards at the blueline, I don't think he can help himself. if he just stopped making these high risk low reward plays he would be so much better.

He is the main contributor to how good our PP is and also why we are the last few years leading in PPGA

I haven't seen it yet, but possibly Hughes is too small for the playoffs. the teams get much bigger

1 minute ago, VanCan2023 said:

I appreciate what your saying, but another mid 30's dman taking 5 million cap space is something we absolutely don't need, as we already have three 30 years plus here, some making more. 

If we were a cup contender looking for that final piece for sure he is a short term stud. But a young and "up and coming team" needs to stray away from those signings.  

Maybe so... but there were other options out there who could have been traded for.

The number of good D who have come and gone in the past with no return on this team is on Benning, but now is now and Rutherford should have done something to find the pieces the team needs.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Team is a gong show though, never see him talking or any kind of interaction on the bench. Someone pointed out Taylor Hall in Edmonton, he put up points to buy they didn’t miss him when he left!

I would much rather have a Horvat who is quiet on the bench, but leads by example on the ice then the vast majority of our roster we have now that’s quiet on the ice and loud on the bench/off ice.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

When players win, keep them in the lineup. When they lose, make changes. 

Demko needs to work on his game till Martin looses. Hughes has lost any interest in defence. Miller has no interest in D. EOL is absolutely awful. Myers is running around covering for him. Podkolzin and Hoglander look like kids with not a scrap of confidence. Horvat is playing well, but we haven’t given him a big contract, yet. Bear was okay, but Burroughs has been good. Stillman was a post, not a fraction of what Rathbone brings. Stidnicks? Meh, at least Dries was visible.

Aquilini said Vancouver fans won’t stand for a rebuild. Apparently, they are happier being awful forever.

I’m sure he’s not saying that now! It’s not like he’s saving money having a crappy team. Hopefully big changes happen in the next year or I’m jumpin on the Kracken bandwagon and flying there to watch hockey!!