The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Anaheim Ducks at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 03, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

Bruce wanted him back but Shaw preferred to go to Philly. 

“Brad was different. I didn’t want to lose him but obviously he thought he had a better opportunity,” he said. He also indicated that coaching in Philadelphia would be easier for family reasons.

Shaw said he really enjoyed working for Boudreau. He hadn’t really had a role to fill under Travis Green, but under Boudreau he was put in charge of the defence and then later the penalty kill and played a big role in the success the Canucks had over the second half.

“On the family side it really helps being closer to my mother and my in-laws. Both our daughters live on the east coast,” he said.

“I took a job initially I thought I would love but I felt lost. With the coaching change I felt like I had a chance, more functional. I thank Jimmy Rutherford and Patrik Allvin because it gave me a chance to work again,” he told Postmedia from his cottage on Mississippi Lake in Ontario.

There it is! 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Bruce wanted him back but Shaw preferred to go to Philly. 

“Brad was different. I didn’t want to lose him but obviously he thought he had a better opportunity,” he said. He also indicated that coaching in Philadelphia would be easier for family reasons.

Shaw said he really enjoyed working for Boudreau. He hadn’t really had a role to fill under Travis Green, but under Boudreau he was put in charge of the defence and then later the penalty kill and played a big role in the success the Canucks had over the second half.

“On the family side it really helps being closer to my mother and my in-laws. Both our daughters live on the east coast,” he said.

“I took a job initially I thought I would love but I felt lost. With the coaching change I felt like I had a chance, more functional. I thank Jimmy Rutherford and Patrik Allvin because it gave me a chance to work again,” he told Postmedia from his cottage on Mississippi Lake in Ontario.

What was the better opportunity? He's doing the same thing there as here. I think when we brought in yeo he probably felt he lost an opportunity 

I do get the family thing tho

Edited by DS4quality

18 minutes ago, mordekai said:

Burroughs don’t play the same side as stillman so very little chance they put Burroughs on the left side 

Bear has at least made OEL pairing for reliable this game

Myers is having a bad year. His reads are so poor right now. turning wrong way on rushes leading to others team scoring chances

Stillman doesn’t bring anything offensive. Puck dies on his stick and can’t read plays defensively 

was surprised he wasn’t benched after the bad pinch 

They’ve played burroughs on left he plays both just like dermott does but opposite. 

yes OEL still made some bad plays but bear really helped cover and settle OEL down. 

agreeee

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, mordekai said:

Myers had so many bad reads and stillman just bad 

I rather see Rathbone-Burroughs or even better brisebois-Burroughs over these two 

I disagree with you and a couple of others...  

Myers has been just fine, but he's been paired with some real disasters on the left side.  I have no idea what's wrong with OEL, but he looks like he should be sitting out and nursing whatever injury he's got.  Something isn't right with him.  

Stillman was horrible today, and I realize that it made Myers look bad by association but that was all on Stillman IMO.  You could even lip read Stillman saying 'my bad' after two of the goals. 

Edited by VancouverHabitant

1 minute ago, DS4quality said:

What was the better opportunity? He's doing the same thing there as here. I think when we brought in yeo he probably felt he lost an opportunity 

I’m not sure exactly when Yeo was brought in but BB did want Shaw back. Shaw likes Torts a lot after working with him in Columbus for 5 years so maybe that and his family was a better opportunity for him, specially after TG not giving him much of a role. Anyway sad that he was made to feel unappreciated enough that he left. Losing him and Wild Thing were huge.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Why bear out? 

he literally made OEL look better instantly tonight and has showed well so far 

plus he gets the puck out our zone quick and safely and throws his body around and is only going to get better as he gets up to game speed and more familiar with our team and system 

I thought he looked overmatched in our own zone, but he was solid in transition.  I guess I just liked Burroughs better, but I totally get if you'd prefer to keep Bear in.  

3 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I disagree with you and a couple of others...  

Myers has been just fine, but he's been paired with some real disasters on the left side.  I have no idea what's wrong with OEL, but he looks like he should be sitting out and nursing whatever injury he's got.  Something isn't right with him.  

Stillman was horrible today, and I realize that it made Myers look bad by association but that was all on Stillman IMO.  You could even lip read Stillman saying 'my bad' after two of the goals. 

Myers made a bad read on the first pk goal today. 

the last few games he and oel kept giving up semi breakaways because they didn’t take the guy in between 

You could say is either OEL or Myers but now that OEl paired with bear OEL is actually wasn’t on for any goals against tonight whereas Myers was on for multiple 

I would like to see Breezer with Myers knowing they will never bench the giraffe 

brisebois I would think compliments Myers enigmatic gameplay 

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

AV's having a Stanley Cup Hangover? They are 4-4-1 and lost two in a row.

you are aloud...when you win the cup

the Canucks are having a "Made a push for the playoffs hangover"

• RoughGame 1