The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Horvat wants to pay better who lost money because of his mistake in the shootout

Rate this topic

theochar

1 minute ago, theochar said:

Canucks' Bo Horvat wants to repay sports bettor who lost due to his shootout blunder | Fox News

This is the stupidest thing I have heard this year!

I hope that someone just trolled the guy and it actually wasn't Bo!!!

If you are betting 91.50 for a Canucks win you are looking for a problem anyway!!

Let me guess; this was / is just a grenade you lobbed?  

If you have $91 to bet on 1 single Canucks game I don't feel bad for this person and Bo shouldn't pay the person back. Was the better betting specific odds that had the Canucks winning in the SO...if so his $91 bet is likely to make him a lot more than that...

I wish I could get my money back for my lotto ticket that didn't make me a multi millionaire, but when you bet on anything consider that money as good as gone...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theochar said:

Canucks' Bo Horvat wants to repay sports bettor who lost due to his shootout blunder | Fox News

This is the stupidest thing I have heard this year!

I hope that someone just trolled the guy and it actually wasn't Bo!!!

If you are betting 91.50 for a Canucks win you are looking for a problem anyway!!

Better is not the same as bettor.

image.png.46858cdcb3f5eda9c8fe8e8e3c6697b6.png

Betting on sports is stupid anyways, but betting, losing (which can happen, because it is a GAMBLE) and then blaming someone else for the lost bet is beyond stupid.

How did Horvat lose that game? Who else can you blame? What about Demko for not making this or the other save? What about suing the Predators player for making the shootout attempt? Why not Stillman for a blown coverage, Boudreau for the shootout choices, EP's stick manufacturer for the lost handle in the attempt or the hockey god's mom for miseducating her offspring.

I admire Bo for his sympathy, but if he pays up, he makes a big mistake and is alsmot as stupid as the bettor. If you don't want to lose your money, don't bet, simple as that.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, joe-max said:

Betting on sports is stupid anyways, but betting, losing (which can happen, because it is a GAMBLE) and then blaming someone else for the lost bet is beyond stupid.

How did Horvat lose that game? Who else can you blame? What about Demko for not making this or the other save? What about suing the Predators player for making the shootout attempt? Why not Stillman for a blown coverage, Boudreau for the shootout choices, EP's stick manufacturer for the lost handle in the attempt or the hockey god's mom for miseducating her offspring.

I admire Bo for his sympathy, but if he pays up, he makes a big mistake and is alsmot as stupid as the bettor. If you don't want to lose your money, don't bet, simple as that.

The furniture store owner down in the States who made $75 million from his $10 million dollar bet on the Astros says hi!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, theochar said:

No its a legit article in Fox News, made me spit out my coffee!!!

Dumbasses!!

Judge Judy GIF

1 - There is clear and obvious irony with the word "legit" and Fox News being used in the same sentence.

2 - This is one of the dumbest threads ever created on CDC.....and that is no small feat.

Edited by Harold Drunken

4 hours ago, Heretic said:

The furniture store owner down in the States who made $75 million from his $10 million dollar bet on the Astros says hi!

But if this guy has a long history of making multi-million dollar bets on sports.  He will lose money.