The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Nov. 09, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Speaking as one results-oriented fan, I'd much rather see the team win and have poor Corsi numbers than to see the team lose and have great Corsi numbers.

Whatever the hell Corsi numbers are.   :)

F#*k Corsi lol ... the game is played on the ice not a spreadsheet.

• Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Bo could be traded but I doubt u get back full value,surely we have other options management needs to work a little harder god knows theres enough minions runnin around With this management group address the team needs ffs instead of posturing and lip service

Honestly is JR the GM?or President what does Alvin bring?If Aqua was smart he’d move on ASAP with this group of JR and his minions,garbage management imo too much focus on management and not enough focus on team

• There it is 2

13 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I've been saying this forever. To many homers in Canuckland. Owners/management don't care cause people keep buying (this crap) it up. I just saw someone comment that we need to be patient and not panic ... it's only game 14. :picard:

We need to get their attention somehow. Throwing jerseys with the word “REBUILD” on it is the only thing that comes to mind. 

A petition? Change.org? There needs to be some public forum for fan’s voices to be heard. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, suitup said:

We need to get their attention somehow. Throwing jerseys with the word “REBUILD” on it is the only thing that comes to mind. 

A petition? Change.org? There needs to be some public forum for fan’s voices to be heard. 

I think that might do it. 10 at once or something. Even a concerted effort to change the structure of the team would have been something. A retool giving us an option to rebuild (best route imo). Anything but throwing more assets at this piece of garbage we have assembled. But that's what they've done. I honestly don't know if they have the balls or smarts to do the right thing. I doubt it. That Allvin seems like one detached, smug, idiot imo. He keeps blaming the players as if he's assembled some super team and they're just not trying hard enough. :sick: My gawd open your fricking eyes JR and co.!

• Cheers 1

This team is such a sinking ship from top to bottom, Bossman doesn't want to rebuild. GM keeps talking smack about everyone and the structure, Coach is picking favs, Highest paid player can't stop turning the puck over , Goaltending (for the most part) and D suck. Just waiting to hit the iceberg, Re-arrange the deck chairs til' then because there seems to be no way out.

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I think that might do it. 10 at once or something. Even a concerted effort to change the structure of the team would have been something. A retool giving us an option to rebuild (best route imo). Anything but throwing more assets at this piece of garbage we have assembled. But that's what they've done. I honestly don't know if they have the balls or smarts to do the right thing. I doubt it. That Allvin seems like one detached, smug, idiot imo. He keeps blaming the players as if he's assembled some super team and they're just not trying hard enough. :sick: My gawd open your fricking eyes JR and co.!

honestly this should go viral. Anything to get their attention and let them know that the fans deserve better. 

i agree, the team is built poorly. Wrong mix of talented players. We made fun of the Calgary flames for not rebuilding and being stuck in mediocrity for years back in the Iginla - Kippursoff era and now we’re doing the same thing.  It’s embarrassing. How can we be this bad for this long? 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

This team is such a sinking ship from top to bottom, Bossman doesn't want to rebuild. GM keeps talking smack about everyone and the structure, Coach is picking favs, Highest paid player can't stop turning the puck over , Goaltending (for the most part) and D suck. Just waiting to hit the iceberg, Re-arrange the deck chairs til' then because there seems to be no way out.

What’s strange is that Miller was such a strong two way player on the Lightning and his first season with us. He even had Selke votes. What in the world happened to him? Became an offensive player and now thinks he’s too good to play defense. 

59 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Step 1) Fire Yeo and Cull.

Find some assistants that will teach defence and structure.

Step 2) If the team doesn't wake up. Start trades.

We're going to be stuck with OEL, and possibly Miller.

Petey, Schenn, and Martin right now I wouldn't move, and Bear to some extent.

Basically no reasonable offer will be refused.

I agree with you  if Yeo/ Cull were in charge of the defense - its been long enough and either the players don't understand the system or refusing to implement it.  Firing BB is just a scapegoat move - personally - as he is not in charge of the defensive structure.  That is on the players and defensive coaches
Rather than firing everyone on site, can everyone (including JR) just have a team meeting (includiing players) and decide on a system once and for all.

Everyone seems to be a bit confused and frustrated at the moment..   And I would also start Spencer Martin a bit more just until Demko can get his mojo back - maybe run several games even. This team cannot be this bad considering 3 calder finalists - lack of chemistry, a winning culture and confidence is destroying team. 

I look at the Bruins and still so competitive at their age in the careers  - because of the confidence and culture.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canuck You said:

Who runs our PK? How about we get rid of that problem, First?

Mike Yeo runs the PK.  Definitely a downgrade from Shaw.  But the saying is the goalie has to be your best PKer.  And right now, it's definitely not.

Edited by Viper007
  • Cheers 1
  • Sad 2