The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Nov. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Guarantee Allvin is also meddling And wants Stillman and Baer in because he gave up assets to acquire them. When clearly the numbers and stats show there are better guys sitting in the pressbox.

Who’s better than bear in the press box? 

I feel like they’ve tasked him with baby sitting Rathbone and Stillman our two worst dmen this season.

when he’s played with other partners he’s looked great. 

i do agree with a degree of meddling  there with stillman though potentisly  

Edited by R3aL

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Hopefully we're sellers in December or January.. 

The sooner they pull the plug and embrace trying to draft in the top 5 the better. I don't wanna go on a winning stretch later in the season and end up drafting 9-13th. 

Be tough to be a fan if we do that. 

agree 100%

but part of me doesn’t wanna make changes and just let it keep burning unintentionally 

I said it before and I’ll say it again. We are Edmonton pre McDavid. Holding onto this false sense of hope that this core is going to get it done where as we need to trade nearly everyone not named Pettersson, bottom out, and hopefully win the lottery and get Bedard. Pipe dream I know but that’s probably what it’s gonna take. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Trade whoever it takes to make this team better.

I have no emotional attachment anymore, and neither should management.

If Hughes, Demko, or Pettersson bring us big returns for the future then do it. These players have no loyalty to the sweater they wear, I have no loyalty to them.

How you choose to name drop the best players is interesting. 

There’s a group of 4 players to build around 

bo, hug, dem, Petey 

everybody else should be a trade candidate 

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

^ Exactly.

JR is leading this team off a cliff by undermining the coach and the team's confidence in him.

Good news is I no longer give a crap.  After the last 10 years of futility and last year's hope that BB had the answers this is brutal this year with a president saying what he is saying.

Hey Rutherford why don't you give me my money back for my tickets?

ya maybe JR causing a little chaos to help the tank. Maybe there plan was to get a lottery pick this year lol

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

Be tough to be a fan if we do that. 

agree 100%

but part of me doesn’t wanna make changes and just let it keep burning unintentionally 

I mean, every game we lose makes me believe we're more likely to see a Horvat trade than not and if anything is gonna make this team lose more that's probably it. 

Just now, R3aL said:

Who’s better than bear in the press box? 

I feel like they’ve tasked him with baby sitting Rathbone and Stillman our two worst dmen this season.

when he’s played with other partners he’s looked great. 

Baer is supposed to be more of a puck moving guy so I guess a direct comparison to Burroughs might not translate. I did read a number of stats yesterday showing Burroughs was one of our top shut down defenseman and I doubt Baer is putting up better shut down numbers. 

Breezer was also doing really well IMHO. So both those guys are definitely better than Stillman and Rathbone. Maybe not better than Baer but not worse! Plus were kissing Burroughs tenacity.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Pickly said:

I said it before and I’ll say it again. We are Edmonton pre McDavid. Holding onto this false sense of hope that this core is going to get it done where as we need to trade nearly everyone not named Pettersson, bottom out, and hopefully win the lottery and get Bedard. Pipe dream I know but that’s probably what it’s gonna take. 

Oh Yeah GIF by Leroy Patterson

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Borroughs is a 6th Dman at best, and the fact that you are calling for him to be inserted in our blue line thinking he will fix things shows the real issues. You could put Borroughs in, but you will still have to deal with several of declining OEL, Myers, Poolman, Stillman, Schenn, Bear. The blue line is nothing short of embarrassing and the fact that JR keeps throwing Bruce under the bus, even though he constructed an ECHL tier defense, is pathetic.

Burroughs can play.  Sometimes your 6th dman can make a difference.   Actually, if youre a good team, all your dmen will contribute in ways that help a team.  We know this group played better with burroughs in than not.

Echl is far fetched.  

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I mean, every game we lose makes me believe we're more likely to see a Horvat trade than not and if anything is gonna make this team lose more that's probably it. 

You think we trade horvat and leave only petey and aman as our top 2 centres?  Miller isnt a C.  

The nucks should be building around petey, Bo, podz, hogz, kuz. 

Just now, EddieVedder said:

You think we trade horvat and leave only petey and aman as our top 2 centres?  Miller isnt a C.  

The nucks should be building around petey, Bo, podz, hogz, kuz. 

Actually Bo should go and Kuz as they would get us more for the future to build a winning team.