The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Nov. 12, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

35 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I love Bo, everyone loves Bo. Having said that I'd love to see him hoist the Stanley Cup, however that's not happening here anytime soon. Trade him to a contender where he has a better chance than here. 

Bo is great but he needs to impose his will more often he can score but it seems he’s more focused on that part of his game not what it takes to lead the team into battle.Tough sell but when ur captain it matters

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

With the parity in the league these days , jumping to winners is not nearly as easy as it seems. We are not Edmonton , Buffalo or Arizona. We just aren't. 

A friend of mine is a Sabre’s nut... ever since Hasek left I could always razz him over his beloved Buffalo team! Not anymore lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

Baer is supposed to be more of a puck moving guy so I guess a direct comparison to Burroughs might not translate. I did read a number of stats yesterday showing Burroughs was one of our top shut down defenseman and I doubt Baer is putting up better shut down numbers. 

Breezer was also doing really well IMHO. So both those guys are definitely better than Stillman and Rathbone. Maybe not better than Baer but not worse! Plus were kissing Burroughs tenacity.

Ya I’ve wanted Burroughs in the line up 

he never should have come out for stillman especially when he was playing better than OEL AND Myers to begin with and Stillman sucks. 

HUGHES-SCHENN

OEL-BEAR

BURROUGHS-MYERS

is the play 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

I mean, every game we lose makes me believe we're more likely to see a Horvat trade than not and if anything is gonna make this team lose more that's probably it. 

Hopefully can use Bo to inflate other guys values too:

- garland as a play maker

- miller (want him on his wing, it’s crazy having him at C)

And with PP points for boeser and miller too to pump their trade values 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Time to try something different. 

The last time we were good on defense was with Burroughs and Brisebois.  Let's do that again. Play Hughes sheltered minutes on the 4th line, as a rover and pp. Add Juulsen

OEL, Myers, Schenn

Defense first. Nothing fancy. 

All D. No fancy. 

Exactly. Jeff Paterson is not an easy guy to please and he had Brisebois as one of his 3 stars in the last game he played. 

• Vintage 1

The Canucks stats reveal their biggest weakness - the PK! They are 10th in goals and 5th on the PP, but 30th in goals against and 32nd on the PK.

Everything ties into one fact - defending is always more tiring. It's true in all sports - players running around in their own zone get more tired and then what happens? They either allow a goal OR they get penalized.

How to stay out of the penalty box? Keep the puck in the offensive zone. It's a SIMPLE truth that they seemed to understand last year when they just kept shooting the puck into the offensive zone and not worrying if they made perfect passes to get in the zone. just get it in the zone and then make the other team chase - it is what ALL good teams do that win games.

For whatever reason ALL the Canucks D men hold onto the puck too long. Even when the D men are defending and get the puck back, they start trying some kind of extra move or change direction - which means they are STILL in their own zone. GET OUT OF THEIR ZONE! That idea should be tattooed on their foreheads - get it out of your own zone and forget about being fancy.

Every game when a team pushes back the Canucks go into a defensive panic and forget the truth that defending is more tiring and more risky! Ice it, toss it, pass it, but no matter what don't keep the puck in your own zone.

The problem is - can the Canuck's players change their mindset and stop going into a shell any time there is a push back.

15 games in and 67 games to go and it's looking like one of the worst seasons in Canucks history is in front of us. The odd thing is that we have a lot of players that could have been like the Sedin era and made a good team, but now it's more likely we've seen the last of this group of players together. ( and players know it )

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

13 goals in 15 games.

You Horvat haters are just weirdos at this point.

1/5 season and he is close to top of league in goals in a contract year during his peak physical years and everyone has his jock strap in their throats… 

I like Horvat. I just don’t think he is leading this team. 10+ years of loosing and he still doesn’t know what it takes to win. Gives himself a pat on the back because he scored a goal in his home province but lost the game. He’ll make a few more millions and drag the team down that he plays for because he doesn’t want to sacrifice his body for the cup.

Trade Horvat now while he is “worth” more than he ever has. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

One more loss in the next five and we can’t make it to .500 by the 20 game mark.

We have a tougher schedule coming up, we had a lot of games against bottom feeders so far.

I guess we can hope we will see a lot of back up goalies and teams looking past us to give a better chance at stringing some winds together.  I don’t hold out much hope though.

This might be the earliest I post my “The odds are so low this year it is time to think of moves to improve our chances next season and beyond.” thread.

Honestly, even going 4-0-1 in the next stretch just gets us to unlikely playoff odds.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Stillman is -7. For a defender, he really is a still man.

Miller is -7, with so many horrible giveaways this season.

Pearson is a team leading -9. What will we do without him? His hand is injured from frostbite… long exposure playing in -9.

Edited by Slegr
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, J-23 said:

At hit would’ve helped us win the game?

You haters are pathetic.

Being hard to play against wins games. Being soft as butter so you don’t get hurt helps you and not the team. Not a hater just hate loosing unlike softie Bo who has zero emotion. But he’ll get his payday

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1