The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 13 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Boston Bruins - 3:00pm PT/6:00pm ET - TD Garden

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

Game starts at 1:30.  
Go LIONS Go!!!!!

The only good thing about the Canucks game is that we have some serious Lions overlap. By the time I switch over, the Canucks will be down by a handful and comedy will be all that's left to pile in on. 

At least that's the plan. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Got the potential to get ugly, Boston have hardly trailed at home. Special teams, faceoff matchups all look bad. This is the best in the league against the worst, so who knows, maybe we win in OT...

Crazy to think how these two teams diverged after the 2011 finals. Boston retooled and remained a contender pretty much every season since while we've not retooled or rebuilt and been a losing team every year since.

We are 4-8-3 

We play Boston today, followed by Buffalo, Kings, Vegas, Colorado, and then Vegas again.  

15 games in, with 6 tough games coming up.  I will be beyond annoyed if we are sitting at 21 games played, with less then 21 points and not pivoting to be a seller this season.  

I'm going to cheer on this team no matter what, but picking 13th or 14th overall this year would probably drive me away from my fandom for a while.  

I'm still in for a playoff push, but Canucks need to get 10 points out of the next 6 games.  Pretty much impossible. 

18 minutes ago, combover said:

I could see some trades happening after tonight’s blow out loss. 

Basically out the playoffs before mid November ..again. 

If we lose today, then we are pretty much guaranteed to be below .500 by the 20 game mark...  I'll even say the 25 game mark, so I hope that we start selling our depth defensemen to teams that have lost theirs (Tampa, Ottawa, etc).  

I'm one of a small percentage that likes OEL, but if he keeps playing like he has this year then sit him and tell him to get back to full health.  He's better then the rest of our options on the left side, but we are not doing anybody any favours by trotting him out there and forcing him to play through whatever discomfort he has.  

This group of players is not deserving of any more quick fixes or second chances. 

I'm seeing more and more an assembly of prima donnas that put their personal statistics above all else.  Looking forward to JT and Quinn skating out there for 2 minutes at a time, thinking they're Crosby and Lidstrom.  

Just now, Zerofaith said:

I just hope some of you guys stop being delusional and see that this team for what it is. They  are not going anywhere. They don’t have IT. 

I mean I'm a Canucks fan and I support my team and enjoy watching hockey.  That's not delusional.  

However it is becoming clear that they don't have IT, if by IT you mean leadership and selflessness.