The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Buffalo Sabres | Nov. 15, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Last year isn't this year - unfortunately.     He's getting old and worse.....  Facts are facts!  Pearson's still the  722nd worst +/- player in the entire National Hockey League out of 736 active players according to official NHL Stats - as of tonight.  

Facts ( with the actually full story)

• 11 players with the same - 9 
  • 11 players with -8
  • 15  with -7
  • 20 with -6

You get the picture -9 to -6, can change a great deal in one game. Boeser is the same -9, and Miller is -8. Josi top ten defenceman is a -9. Letang is a -10, Kyrou a -17. Teams are not playing well. I too would like Perason off the team but this +/- proves nothing. Him taking stupid lazy penalties does. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 3

Our 19 blocks equals 2 other games we hit the 19 mark, our highest of the season.  Schenn 3 hits and 3 blocks.

EP and Aman with 2 blocks.

Lock with 2 hits and 2 blocks.

Burrz with 2 hits and 2 blocks.

We need this on a consistent level to win. 

Dries should go back and bring up some grit.

Spence, let's run with him for a couple of games.

or we walking on eggshells yet

EP and ALock man with and Aman with 2 blocks.

Lock with 2 hits and 2 blocks.
Burrz with 2 hits and 2 blocks

EP and Aman with 2 blocks.

Lock wit hits and 2 blocks.
Burrz with 2 hits and 2 blocks

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

At this point the team should focus on playing hard, finishing checks and making smart plays. Going to be a tough season.

The interesting thing is Demko and Martin’s numbers aren’t really that far off. Just scoring more goals with Martin.

Anyways Horvat has priced himself out :mellow:

I don't think management thinks he's a 7-8 million dollar player regardless of his numbers this year.

The only hope to keeping Horvat around is if he really wants to be here.

Does he want to give up likely millions of dollars to stay captain and lead this team.

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, naslund.is.king said:

I don't think management thinks he's a 7-8 million dollar player regardless of his numbers this year.

Does he want to give up likely millions of dollars to stay captain and lead this team.

Oh boy will we be upset if these numbers are his new norm and he leaves

7 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Oh boy will we be upset if these numbers are his new norm and he leaves

In all honesty why couldn't it be the new norm for a few yrs..I gotta believe it will be from what I've seen the last 80 games out of Bowie..

Edited by Rackdawg

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

Horvat has priced himself out :mellow:

Yea, your probably right. I get the sense that Bo doesn't want to resign with the team.....

This has to be one of the darkest eras, and it all started with Jim Benning....and now continues with Rutherford and Allvin. 

I haven't even watched a game for a while this season now. I'm disinterested, and honestly, I don't really care about the team this season...

Francesco's on ice product is shit. not watching, not buying. 

I'm waiting to see where this team is at. I'll cheer for them, of course, but not with my hard earned money. 

5 hours ago, Fleech said:

Dries a minus four in a 5-4 win. 

Just want to say that on the second Buffalo goal, Petey, Mikheyev and Kuzmenko were in the offensive zone. 

Kuzmenko lost the puck and Petey and Mik inexplicably went for a line change while Buffalo was rushing the other way. Kuzmenko was really awful on the back check and did his best not to be directly responsible for any of the three Buffalo players that passed the puck between each other. 

So Dries definitely didn't deserve that -1. 

2 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

Everyone knows hes a 7 to 8 million dollar player.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yea, your probably right. I get the sense that Bo doesn't want to resign with the team.....

This has to be one of the darkest eras, and it all started with Jim Benning....and now continues with Rutherford and Allvin. 

I haven't even watched a game for a while this season now. I'm disinterested, and honestly, I don't really care about the team this season...

Francesco's on ice product is shit. not watching, not buying. 

I'm waiting to see where this team is at. I'll cheer for them, of course, but not with my hard earned money. 

Well, if it makes you feel better we didn't choke a lead again, but we were very close to.