The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Vancouver and Columbus in trade talks

1 minute ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

I'm just curious because you are basically stating that canucks fans that chose to spend their disposable income on canucks are more intelligent.

there are at least 9 types of intelligence. are rogers arena attendee's more intelligent across the board of these measure's?

also i assume you abstain from alcohol at these games, otherwise your observations are most likely flawed.

Man, you got time on your hands.

Have a great day.

1 minute ago, Goal:thecup said:

That's on you; you seem to be easily surprised.

LOL. you got me.

intelligent people don't think they know. 

if i was only intelligent enough maybe i would have known this.

i should start looking up and studying all the great knowers of the world in present and historic times.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm not convinced that management wants to do a full rebuild. I think they're going to trade some major pieces (Bo, Brock, Myers, etc) and then replace those players with other players traded for, or UFA signings to continue to build and be a playoff contender. 

I think management is in a bit of a conundrum in the sense that the team isn't bad, but the mix isn't right. They have some pretty good pieces like Petey and Hughes, and Demko (assuming he gets his game back together again). Gotta start to build on and around those three. Lots of dead weight needs to be moved out, and new pieces need to be brought in. I'm sad that Bo won't be part of the team moving forward, and I've come to accept it (I have his jersey), but if that's the case, then we need to get major pieces coming back for Horvat (didn't he say he wanted to win a championship here?). 

IF ownership green lights the rebuild, I can't see any of the current core here for that. Bo definitely's gone. Petey for sure, and Hughes would probably be next. Would suck to lose all three, so I don't think ownership will go that route, and management probably doesn't have the appetite for it either. Patrik Allvin is still an unproven GM in the league. He still has to show what he's got, so going through a rebuild is going to be tough. I'm still not convinced up to this point that Rutherford's a good POHO, and Allvin a good GM. 

Jury's still out on both, IMO. 

I agree with this, 100%!  I think it’s pretty clear there’s some solid pieces but the sum of the parts is underachieving for one reason or another.  Lineup needs some tinkering for sure.

I believe I was commenting on it Petey chooses not to sign long term (accepts his QO to walk to free agency) he kind of forces a rebuild. Can’t see us competing without him as the flagship 1C. (Barring a lottery win this year, I guess!)

11 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I'm not convinced that management wants to do a full rebuild. I think they're going to trade some major pieces (Bo, Brock, Myers, etc) and then replace those players with other players traded for, or UFA signings to continue to build and be a playoff contender. 

They "barely lost" to Vegas.  They beat Colorado.

I dare say that we'll see none of the above move and in fact hear how management is looking to add somehow.  We're "in the hunt" or some such garbage like every single year since 2013 where we didn't do the right thing and ended up being mediocre adjacent

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, Bad_BOI_pete said:

I'm just curious because you are basically stating that canucks fans that chose to spend their disposable income on canucks are more intelligent.

there are at least 9 types of intelligence. are rogers arena attendee's more intelligent across the board of these measure's?

also i assume you abstain from alcohol at these games, otherwise your observations are most likely flawed.

We shouldn't serve booze at games.  People can enjoy the game without drinking booze.  If they want booze, they can walk to a bar or stay home and drink.  Booze at games too often makes for bad news.  

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We shouldn't serve booze at games.  People can enjoy the game without drinking booze.  If they want booze, they can walk to a bar or stay home and drink.  Booze at games too often makes for bad news.  

Is there no family zones in the arena? where alcohol is prohibited? that would be a nice option for people that find the drinking unsavory or unsafe.

45 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Anyone that can get through the average Canucks game sober gets maximum respect in my book.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1