The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Colorado Avalanche | Nov. 23, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

19 hours ago, Muttley said:

Everybody has a say. Even the guy with the original design. For the most part, he's got a point but I do think there is a place for something different if 

it's not going to hurt your eyes to look at. 

firstly, I'm not sure this guy is exactly coming from an unbiased place. secondly, the stick in rink is really boring. thirdly, I'm really sick of the "keep the jerseys the same! tradition! original 6!" nonsense. change is good. the canucks have an established tradition of change. embrace it. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Sounds like our best chance to defend well. Bo and Miller were good together defensively, Petey played a great shutdown role against the Avs and that 3rd line has a surprising amount of scoring ability and jump. On the blueline if we can keep Myers to 15 minutes like last game, I like our chances. I'm glad BB has finally come to his senses and is keeping Burroughs in on the left over Stillman. Bear solidifying himself as a 20 minute defenceman really helps sort out these pairings nicely.

A win in Vegas will be hard but last game we dominated them in the first 40 minutes of the game so it's possible and with hopefully Martin in net, you never know...we've been one of the fastest starting teams in the league.

Looking good.  I think we deserved to win that last Vegas game.  If not for a few mistakes by Demko and Myers among others.

Very happy they are playing Burroughs. Its a shame he can't be used in his natural RHD role and is forced to play Myers babysitter on his left. But in some ways maybe Burroughs plays more conservatively on the left and resists going out of his way for a big hit. Which is what you need as Myers partner. But one of these days, call me crazy,  I'd like to see Burroughs play on his natural side, with Hughes. Hes a quicker, younger version of Schenn, maybe even better defensively, able to play back and cover for him, and also come to Hughes defense if needed, so it just might work.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Locke Lamora said:

Lol, I just went through the list of current NHL captains. Bo is out “alpha-ing” pretty much all of them this year. For Bo to be doing what he’s doing with this contract thing hanging over him just proves what kind of insane mettle he has. He is doing everything within his skill set to help this team win - too bad he can’t play D or goaltender! - while simultaneously showing this management group the error of their ways in underestimating him as a player.

That he doesn’t hit everything that moves or fight means he’s not an “alpha” is pure Neanderthal hockey thinking.

Triggered some folks - lol.  Currently, Bo is the Captain of a team going no where and I understand, that the blame can be spread around. 

Edited by ShawnAntoski

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Looking at what Seattle is doing right now I’m thinking it might be quicker to fix this mess just by simply selling the team and moving it to Quebec, and then starting a new expansion team in Vancouver. 

Would Gary Bettman allow that to happen? I’m 

It’s a long season. I wouldn’t jump at what Seattle is doing just yet 

44 minutes ago, Devron said:

It’s a long season. I wouldn’t jump at what Seattle is doing just yet 

At some point you will need to come to the realization that Seattle is a better team than ours, has a better structure and is being better coached. It might take you a little while longer but I think you will get there eventually. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 2

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

At some point you will need to come to the realization that Seattle is a better team than ours, has a better structure and is being better coached. It might take you a little while longer but I think you will get there eventually. 

I’ll remember that for next time 

• Cheers 1