The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Brock on the Move

HKSR

If we find a taker for Myers I'd do this, though frankly I'd want an additional pick from the Preds.  Boeser's clearly the best player in the trade (Fabbro's on their 3rd pair now and Bear might be better than him considering similar stature/ production, plus Bear's on the 2nd pair; Sissons isn't a top-6 forward even though as of this writing he's on their 2nd line and 2nd PP, so trading someone who's still got top-6 scoring chops and production despite 3rd line deployment for a 3rd pair D and a tweener C should still require an extra 3rd or similar add coming our way, then I'd want to use that 3rd as the sweetener for moving Myers).  

• Like 1

It's a good deal for the Canucks, Boeser, and Rathbone.

Boeser gets a chance to play away from toxic Vancouver market. He could work on his game away form the spotlight and get his form back. Maybe he'll score 30 goals in this league.

Rathbone goes to a team that has track record of developing great defencemen. 

Vancouver clears cap space to pay Bo and Kuzmenko. 

I'm not very familiar with Nashville this season. I have liked Sissons game in the past but not sure what kind of form he is in this season.

Fabbro hasn't lived up to the expectations but maybe a local boy could rediscover his game here.

2 minutes ago, jyu said:

It's a good deal for the Canucks, Boeser, and Rathbone.

Boeser gets a chance to play away from toxic Vancouver market. He could work on his game away form the spotlight and get his form back. Maybe he'll score 30 goals in this league.

Rathbone goes to a team that has track record of developing great defencemen. 

Vancouver clears cap space to pay Bo and Kuzmenko. 

I'm not very familiar with Nashville this season. I have liked Sissons game in the past but not sure what kind of form he is in this season.

Fabbro hasn't lived up to the expectations but maybe a local boy could rediscover his game here.

Fabbro AND Sissons are local boys.  Sissons is from North Van :)

• Like 1

I’d take it. 
fabbro has a lot of upside, and the defensive side of his game is strong not what’s in question. 

would like to see him as Myers replacement. Maybe Toronto will give us something for Myers. 

scissions kills penalties and decent at faceoffs. 

Kuz, Petey, mik 

Miller, Horvat, Hoglander 

pearson, scissors, Garland 

Joshua, Aman, lazar 

hughes schenn

oel bear 

Dermot fabbro 

Better team defensively and with less cap hit 

3 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

If we find a taker for Myers I'd do this, though frankly I'd want an additional pick from the Preds.  Boeser's clearly the best player in the trade (Fabbro's on their 3rd pair now and Bear might be better than him considering similar stature/ production, plus Bear's on the 2nd pair; Sissons isn't a top-6 forward even though as of this writing he's on their 2nd line and 2nd PP, so trading someone who's still got top-6 scoring chops and production despite 3rd line deployment for a 3rd pair D and a tweener C should still require an extra 3rd or similar add coming our way, then I'd want to use that 3rd as the sweetener for moving Myers).  

I dunno man Scissons is a pretty decent defensive right shot 3c with good FO% and hustle to finish his checks. locked up for 4 years @  under 3m Fabbro would be icing on the cake. 

Brock is an overpaid 20-30 goal scorer who might not even put up 15 this year I'd be shocked if we weren't the ones giving up the pick to make this deal.  

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

I like this trade for VAN.

One difficulty for NSH in this trade is that they would need to find another NHL level Dman to replace Fabbro on their roster (preferably right handed). Borowiecki is currently injured and so they only have 6 Dmen on their active roster (including Fabbro) and Carrier is the only other right hander. Trade Fabbro and they only have 5 NHL Dmen active, and zero NHL level depth on their AHL roster. I guess Rathbone could sub in for now, but he doesn't appear to be ready for the NHL yet. Maybe NSH can find a 3RD in a separate trade somewhere...