The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

17 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Not saying Bo isn't a good hockey player. The point is that Bo clearly either doesn't have the ability to read situations and inspire his team by becoming physically engaged, or that he has lost interest. 

He is scoring at a record pace, but beyond that he IMHO does not have what it takes to be a true leader. If there was ever a time to move on this is it.

To the point at hand, Bo does not throw hits or finish checks, he uses good positional play to defend or attack, but so does Dries. Bo wears the letter "c"  but you wouldn't know it 97% of the time.

There is far more responsibilities as captain than just hits. And if you actually watch the game the C is actually on his jersey not under hits in the stat sheet. 

Bo is carrying this team this season as a leader should. Maybe not every category to satisfy everyone in the fan base, but he’s leading regardless. He’s also playing for his next contract. We haven’t seen this version of him all that often, save for playoffs, so the question remains why…?

Regardless of opinion, he’s proven he can be dominant. Can folks just agree that we should be happy and thankful that he’s become the asset he is at a very opportune time…?

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

The Man? No no!

The Flow!

;)

Trading him hurts our flow game but it's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

If Brock falls in the woods, but no one hears him….

He'll just text the group chat and they'll send Hughes and Schenn to find him 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

OMG IM SORRY!

I DIDNT KNOW YOU ARE DEADLY ALLERGIC TO INFORMATION!

I've never said i hated Bb6, hes a great character dude, he's the type of partner you want your sister or daughter.

my beef with and always will be his skating. doesnt mean I hate the guy.

If someone posts information and you react the way you did you should go take a long look in the mirror. 

edit****

Can I change my username to Re-toes-ation?

Boeser is one of the best skaters in the league, like everyone else on the team. Forgive me if I'm not going to take you seriously when you posted a graphic saying that Ovechkin played for Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay. Not exactly a credible source of information.

• RoughGame 1

Just now, Intoewsables said:

Boeser is one of the best skaters in the league, like everyone else on the team. Forgive me if I'm not going to take you seriously when you posted a graphic saying that Ovechkin played for Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay. Not exactly a credible source of information.

Brock Boeser is one of the hockey players of all-time 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • There it is 1

Just now, Intoewsables said:

I love Brock, but he is far from one of the best skaters in the league.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Positional play, cutting off lanes, using your stick are all also effective ways to check ALONG with hits. 

Specifically for @EdgarM since this is apparently complicated. This does not mean hits are not important parts of checking too. 

I don’t care if Bo has 15 hits a game  or never throws another one in his life, if whatever method he chooses keeps pucks out our net that is fanfkingtastic. 

its kinda disheartening to see so much of the fan base turn against some of our players.

Bo Horvat is on pace to beat or tie Pavel Bure's goal scoring record for this franchise.  He probably wont get 60 but 40-50 seems realistic.   I try and wrap my head around that.  50+ years of hockey, not many guys have had this sort of  historic start- think of all the greats.  Naslund, Sedins, Mogilny.   He takes a million draws which frees up EP and co to be put in advantageous situations, not only that he shelters Miller from the role ....a role that i dont think he is well suited for. So Its more than just the goals.  If he leaves is EP going to fill that role?  

Add Bo the oilers, a scary thought...they would kill for a guy like that.  How about the Avalanche....probably guarantees them another run at the cup.  

And all this gripe because he wears a letter that is mostly a symbol.  I mean people wear the "A" does anybody care?   He should hit more and fight more...ok..so if he does all that you basically have what...Eric Lindros?  They are asking to create a unicorn here....40-50 goal scorer, fights, hits, intimidates....that would be the best player in the league. LOL.

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Trade Boeser and that useless little pipsqueak Garland right friggin’ now.  I actually like Boeser, but ?Garland has no redeeming qualities.  OEL and Garland for five more friggin’ years.  Thanks Benning you dough head. 

Garland has at least one redeeming quality, particularly this time of year

His name is perfect for the season even

Player Discussion - Conor Garland | Page 5 | HFBoards - NHL Message Board  and Forum for National Hockey League

Edited by Coconuts