The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

7 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I don't blame Bo at all or any of our Captains. After all this group was the same that picked their goalie to be the captain at one point, really!? ::D

I think we all want the same thing and I am just so tired the way things have gone since the 94' finals. 

I don't mind losing but we have done it many times without even putting up a fight most nights. 

It probably is a little unrealistic for wanting such a leader but just tired of seeing other teams hoist the Cup year after year and us getting nowhere closer ourselves.  It sucks to be a Canuck fan sometimes. ::D

Haha, my Flyer buddy always used to call us the Vancouver Goalie Captains lol. 

I hear ya all around. Good convo.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Which means any Boeser trade is management following through on their threat to shake things up. 

But I mean, we'd probably be taking cap back so I don't view it as a method of clearing a large amount of cap short of maybe giving him to Buffalo for a 5th. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Gotta say, I gave this mgmt group a lot of leeway from their inception to prove themselves…but I am starting to really get sick of the behind the scenes drama/bullshit that keeps emanating from their ranks (pun intended).

Between calling out Bruce, hiring and firing Doerie, and now this (if true), it just kinda screams that this club is a real damn mess and truly embarrassing from the top down.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Which means any Boeser trade is management following through on their threat to shake things up. 

But I mean, we'd probably be taking cap back so I don't view it as a method of clearing a large amount of cap short of maybe giving him to Buffalo for a 5th. 

Zero issue with taking cap back. It's a must anyways.. The issue is it needs to expire this year imo

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Zero issue with taking cap back. It's a must anyways.. The issue is it needs to expire this year imo

Ehhh, that's not a hard line for me. Expiring after next season is fine too. Anything that expires sooner than Boeser is still a win. Hence my Boeser for Bailey NYI proposal. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Gotta say, I gave this mgmt group a lot of leeway from their inception to prove themselves…but I am starting to really get sick of the behind the scenes drama/bullshit that keeps emanating from their ranks (pun intended).

Between calling out Bruce, hiring and firing Doerie, and now this (if true), it just kinda screams that this club is a real damn mess and truly embarrassing from the top down.

At first it seemed like they were assembling the A-team.. now it’s starting to seem like.. there’s too many dicks on the dance floor… 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, EB43 said:

At first it seemed like they were assembling the A-team.. now it’s starting to seem like.. there’s too many dicks on the dance floor… 

Look, I’m not one to judge and it’s certainly not my way of life but, in some circles that’s not a universally bad thing to have ::D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

There is far more responsibilities as captain than just hits. And if you actually watch the game the C is actually on his jersey not under hits in the stat sheet. 

Youre right, there's more to being a captain than hitting, but youre also so very wrong if you think that's all people are saying when they say he isn't physical.

He isn't tough on the boards, he doesn't finish his checks, he doesn't seek out good hits, he doesn't know how to get engage in scrums, he consistently turns his back on teammates when they are getting roughed up or when they get hit bad. He doesn't himself show any desire to push back in the slightest. 

So you're right, there's more than hits to being a captain and leader. Just like I can say to you, there's a lot more than scoring or having good stick work to being a caption. 

Maybe you can provide a long list of good captain traits he shows that aren't just good hockey player traits?

5 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Youre right, there's more to being a captain than hitting, but youre also so very wrong if you think that's all people are saying when they say he isn't physical.

He isn't tough on the boards, he doesn't finish his checks, he doesn't seek out good hits, he doesn't know how to get engage in scrums, he consistently turns his back on teammates when they are getting roughed up or when they get hit bad. He doesn't himself show any desire to push back in the slightest. 

So you're right, there's more than hits to being a captain and leader. Just like I can say to you, there's a lot more than scoring or having good stick work to being a caption. 

Maybe you can provide a long list of good captain traits he shows that aren't just good hockey player traits?

Literally posted it in this thread. 

4 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Someone well spoken, has respect around the league, can lead on and off the ice, working in/with community charities Canuck Place etc. shows up in the playoffs. Bo ticks all those boxes. Is he perfect, no but he does tick all those boxes. 

On 12/3/2022 at 6:22 PM, DeNiro said:

Pettersson and Horvat follow suit?

Ownership might not have a choice but to rebuild…

Myers and Pearson to try a retool me thinks. 

Thrown in Stillman Schenn and Rathbone so we have cap space to resign Bo and Kuz.