The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

On 12/4/2022 at 11:03 AM, mll said:

There was DiPietro this season.  Virtanen's agent was also given permission to talk to other teams as well as Eriksson's.  

Right. But none of their agents broke the deal, or did they? Did DiPietro's agent facilitate his trade?

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Kind of expecting a Boeser for Dumba trade at some point

Friedman thinks the Wild are only looking for a rental - cap issues next season.  Like Fiala, Boeser has term so just replace his name in the tweet below (it's the coming 2 years the issue when their buyouts hit nearly 15M). 

I get the wanting to send Boeser back home but it's hard to see how he would succeed without someone setting him up.  Boeser would be replacing Fiala on the Freddy Gaudreau-Boldy line (Kaprizov-Zuccarello are tied to the hip similar to the Sedins who Bowness even compares their chemistry to).  If he can't make a similar impact at near same salary it might get pretty tough for Boeser like what's happening with Dumba.  

Beat writer Joe Smith says he's surprised by the amount of hate Dumba is getting - that tweet is also because a portion of the fanbase thinks it was the choice between Fiala or Dumba.  Fiala was a formidable play driver and their offence at EV has taken a major hit.  Guerin refused to sacrifice their depth (Greenway, Goligoski etc) to keep him.  So if he does it now to add Boeser, who at just 1M less, would be playing on his former line, he will inevitably be compared to Fiala - I really don't see how the outcome will be favourable.  

Edited by mll

15 minutes ago, jyu said:

Right. But none of their agents broke the deal, or did they? Did DiPietro's agent facilitate his trade?

Wouldn't think so - Vancouver were interested in Studnicka and it feels more like they simply used the opportunity to tag on DiPietro's contract.  

Virtanen's agent was also given permission to talk to other teams to try and facilitate a trade and that didn't work out either.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

when was that? yeah that's not a good culture, I think when ppl say bad practice habits country club, I bet Boeser is one of them tbh, not improving, not fast

Was last year

i mean when ur not

playing Well or hustling hard don’t make fun of the guy who is imo

found a tweet quote from the post game interview 

Edited by R3aL
  • Haha 1

I like Brock. Will trading him upset Petey? 

Or will this give the team space to attempt to sign Bo? 

Lots of rumors about Bo probably not coming back. I get the feeling that they're probably not wrong. 

This team and organization is in no man's land. Neither here (winning now), or there (winning later). It's really the worse spot for any organization to be in. They can't seem to make up their mind, and it shows on the ice as well. 

I heard rumours that Demko was also on the block. Is Brock leaving the first sign of this management group taking this current core apart? Would they trade everyone - including Petey and Hughes? 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

I like Brock. Will trading him upset Petey? 

Or will this give the team space to attempt to sign Bo? 

Lots of rumors about Bo probably not coming back. I get the feeling that they're probably not wrong. 

This team and organization is in no man's land. Neither here (winning now), or there (winning later). It's really the worse spot for any organization to be in. They can't seem to make up their mind, and it shows on the ice as well. 

I heard rumours that Demko was also on the block. Is Brock leaving the first sign of this management group taking this current core apart? Would they trade everyone - including Petey and Hughes? 

I think that they want to clear cap first and foremost. That in turn allows them to do the things they want to do.

We should tear down.

6 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

How overdramatic can one post really be.   
lol.  
This franchise has given him all the time and patience in the world, and 99% of the fans have done the same.  

At the end of the day, this is a business and he is paid millions of dollars and hasn’t produced.  Also, it gets to a point where family problems are no longer an excuse. 
He is getting paid to produce 

Ya'll hounded him relentlessly while his father was dying. You deserve nothing but contempt.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Then we lose Petey, and probably even Hughes. Can't see those guys wanting to do a rebuild. 

You have them locked up for a bit so you have time to sell them to the plan. If you can't sell them on the plan then sell them when it comes time to cross that road. 

14 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Ya'll hounded him relentlessly while his father was dying. You deserve nothing but contempt.

Very sad about Brock’s dad and for sure it affected his play, but do you really think Boeser reads our board? 

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Then we lose Petey, and probably even Hughes. Can't see those guys wanting to do a rebuild. 

What if Mgmt handed them the reigns and annointed them the leaders of the team? That might be a good incentive to stay. As currently constructed, this team will not win. Keep EP, Kuz, Mik, Hogs, Podz, QH, Bear, Demko, Schenn and the fourth line. Trade the rest (except OEL b/c he is untraceable) and rebuild around EP, QH and Demko. Best path forward IMHO.

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Very sad about Brock’s dad and for sure it affected his play, but do you really think Boeser reads our board? 

Not specifically, but I'm sure the players are aware of the general sentiment towards them from the fanbase, and while the team itself has generally been supportive of him while, and I can't stress this enough...his dad was dying in front of him, the fanbase certainly hasn't been.

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

What if Mgmt handed them the reigns and annointed them the leaders of the team? That might be a good incentive to stay. As currently constructed, this team will not win. Keep EP, Kuz, Mik, Hogs, Podz, QH, Bear, Demko, Schenn and the fourth line. Trade the rest (except OEL b/c he is untraceable) and rebuild around EP, QH and Demko. Best path forward IMHO.

There are rumours of trading Demko. He's not even that old. Seems like crazy talk to me. Who would they replace Demko with if he's traded? And why would Petey and Hughes want to stay if those are the kinds of decisions moving forward? That doesn't sound like a team that wants to win. 

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

You have them locked up for a bit so you have time to sell them to the plan. If you can't sell them on the plan then sell them when it comes time to cross that road. 

Yeah, unfortunately, but that's like 2-3 years wasted if management can't sell their plan to them. 

We waiting another 10 plus years before maybe we have a competitive team? What the hell is wrong with the owners that they would allow their "beloved" team to be run to the ground like this???

If this is how they think they do business, it's a shitty way of doing business. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

There are rumours of trading Demko. He's not even that old. Seems like crazy talk to me. Who would they replace Demko with if he's traded? And why would Petey and Hughes want to stay if those are the kinds of decisions moving forward? That doesn't sound like a team that wants to win. 

Pretty clear we are not going to rebuild.  We are going to do what’s been before with this owner; try and make changes that allow for “winning now”.   We likely don’t move any key core pieces.  Just going to try and “retool” without taking a step back.  

5 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Evander Kane from SJ to Edmonton. 

He signed as a free agent with Edmonton.  His contract was terminated by SJS for material breach and he actually changed agents then.  In the prior off-season SJS had given his camp permission to look for a trade and when that failed they demoted him to the AHL at the start of the season.

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1