The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

What an awful situation to be in. 
Will be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for him I suppose, and some other team will get a great reclamation project. 

Addition by subtraction. Getting out of boeser and Garland regardless of the returns should be the key. Horvat will bring back a massive haul. That would allow us to weaponize a ton of cap space next year to take on capdumps on their final years for extra picks. Save 17m and gain about 5 high end peices ( obviously can't assume they all pan out but it helps to build up the pool ) 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

How to get less than market value for a player.

A. Let it be known there are some locker room issues and some players want out.

B. Let news leak that you have given a player permission to speak to other teams.

We will be lucky to get a 4th back for Boeser with other teams knowing he's on the way out.  More likely we get another Stillman type back who is even more expensive but just as ineffective. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

7 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Addition by subtraction. Getting out of boeser and Garland regardless of the returns should be the key. Horvat will bring back a massive haul. That would allow us to weaponize a ton of cap space next year to take on capdumps on their final years for extra picks. Save 17m and gain about 5 high end peices ( obviously can't assume they all pan out but it helps to build up the pool ) 

Just wondering what indications,  if any, has this ownership ever given that they'd be willing to 'rebuild' let alone take on 'capdumps' at the same time.

I'm not arguing your suggestion,  just wondering about the feasibility given ownerships repeated insistence on going for PO every year?

9 minutes ago, Mr. Linden said:

Agreed!  Free up salary cap for cap dumps and picks. Please dont free up space to sign Bo (lame captain)

Nope. If Bo goes, we will be looking for an equivalent center, player, Canuck, Captain for years. He has been an excellent Captain and represented this lame franchise honorably. 

Edited by rekker
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Why are you obsessing about points- right after chastising people for being points focused?

Edit- in the same paragraph, even.

Produce means to produce. Didn’t say it has to be point production. Stop playing stupid word games when you know full well what the argument is. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

Nope. If Bo goes, we will be looking for an equivalent center for years. 

And how many years of Bo playing at this level? 8?
Timing is off to keep him… team needs several d-men. If you keep him its status quo… exactly what this franchise has been the last 10 years.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, ktcy2 said:

Produce means to produce. Didn’t say it has to be point production. Stop playing stupid word games when you know full well what the argument is. 

His job is to produce offensively. Expecting outstanding defensive play from him is as stupid as expecting Jay Beagle to also be a 25 goal scorer. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Just wondering what indications,  if any, has this ownership ever given that they'd be willing to 'rebuild' let alone take on 'capdumps' at the same time.

I'm not arguing your suggestion,  just wondering about the feasibility given ownerships repeated insistence on going for PO every year?

I'm just living in my own little fantasy world in hope we pick the correct path for once. Considering we almost always do the polar opposite of what makes sense I'm fully expecting us to only get " ready to play " players in our classic attempt to retool a value village roster :lol:

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Surprised to see a decent amount of stars fans very interested in boeser. Money will issue though. 

Wish fans could make trades, I'd take the one suggested package and runn! Borque khudobin and a 2nd :lol:

He would be a good fit there as they’re not really a speed team. One of the teams that struck me as a fit for him moreso than a trade partner imo. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Surprised to see a decent amount of stars fans very interested in boeser. Money will issue though. 

Wish fans could make trades, I'd take the one suggested package and runn! Borque khudobin and a 2nd :lol:

Where are you seeing this Phil?

2 hours ago, Provost said:

… or Boeser requests a trade

… he is scratched so he doesn’t get injured and nullify any trade in the works.

Much more likely than this all happening and getting to the national news just since the morning skate.

We don’t know yet.

It was seriously tone deaf to choose this game to healthy scratch him as it was the hockey fights cancer night and his Dad just died of cancer.  He had the pre-game skate jersey already made up.

That is the kind of move that would absolutely poison players against a franchise… and all his buddies on the team as well.

It is no excuse for Bruce to say he didn’t know about the special night before making the decision.  He should have and it isn’t like they don’t have enough people in the front office to make sure they can communicate these things.

Drance's version is that both sides want out - they agree that it's not working for either side and the Canucks want to clear his cap space.  Boudreau has full lineup decision.

Players could have also said something.  All the main guys knew how important it was for Boeser - they saw the projected lineup and could have slipped a word to Boudreau at morning skate and he would have likely adjusted the lineup on the spot.  I think he legit didn't know but no one looks to have bothered to say anything.  Some maybe didn't want to lose their spot in the lineup but Horvat, Miller or Pettersson weren't at risk of being taken out.  So much for being a team.  

• Cheers 1

Crazy the disrespect for Brock, he's our 2nd highest scoring winger this season despite playing on our 3rd line with an AHL center in Dries.

There's some good - he's young, he's racking up points and seems to generate offence despite coming off injuries.

There's bad - hes on a 6.5M cap hit and has been shelled defensively with a dreadful minus 13.

I just don't understand why we want to get rid of Boeser when we've got Garland at 5M (just 1.5M less than Brock) but generates hardly any offence, 10 points (just 3 goals) in 24 games and plays similar minutes to Brock. That's a 34 point pace for a 5M player.

And we're talking about trading Brock who's almost doubling that pace, but just 1.5M more?

Garland and Pearson are wastes of space on this team right now, Garland still carries some trade value - trade him, not Brock. I understand Boeser may get more value back though but I'd rather flip Garland +/- Pearson first.

• Cheers 3
  • There it is 1