The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | December (04-10) 2022

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Yikes.  I don't care how many points this pylon puts up; unless he learns how to play acceptable defence he simply does not belong in the NHL. 

You say that about every other teams defenders but guess what these guys would be huge upgrades on our team.

Watch the Oilers and the Leafs play. Their defenders play with way better structure than us. It’s not even close.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

You say that about every other teams defenders but guess what these guys would be huge upgrades on our team.

Watch the Oilers and the Leafs play. Their defenders play with way better structure than us. It’s not even close.

27 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He's 22 with less than 50 NHL games under his belt, few D are polished products at 22. 

You guys are wasting your time. He'll always use the hyperbole no matter what evidence is presented.

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I've seen them play.  The only actual NHLers they have combined are Nurse, Brodie, and Giordano.  We have guys on Abbotsford who would be upgrades over the trash playing for those teams. 

Just now, King Heffy said:

I've seen them play.  The only actual NHLers they have combined are Nurse, Brodie, and Giordano.  We have guys on Abbotsford who would be upgrades over the trash playing for those teams. 

Nope. Watch the games.

Their players buy into the system and give up very little in terms of grade A chances. Barrie included.

Your obvious hate/jealousy for them is blinding you from reality.

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Nope. Watch the games.

Their players buy into the system and give up very little in terms of grade A chances. Barrie included.

Your obvious hate/jealousy for them is blinding you from reality.

Watched their games, don't consider the way they play in their own zone to be anywhere close to good enough to justify an NHL roster spot.  I do have much less tolerance for defencemen who can't play defence than some, but no one in their right mind looks at these groups and considers their play to be acceptable.  We'll have to agree to disagree here, but I'm very grateful we didn't bring in Lundkvist.

Was listening to 650 and they had Brent Thompson on. Said Tage always wanted to be a goaltender so one day they threw him in net. They won 6-1. Scored on him on the one shot against him. That was it, he didn't play goal any more...decided he didn't like it.

Dad also said he wasn't a big kid (must have had one helluva growth spurt).

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Hard to win a Cup when you can’t get out of round 1. 

Leafs look really good.  Score lots and keep pucks out of their net too.  They’re looking like they can win any style game now.  Even Double Flamingo is dominating.  They will probably win this one tonight 7-3.  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Leafs look really good.  Score lots and keep pucks out of their net too.  They’re looking like they can win any style game now.  Even Double Flamingo is dominating.  They will probably win this one tonight 7-3.  

The only spine that team has is Giordano and Simmonds, and they’re trying to trade Simmonds. They’ll do absolutely nothing in the playoffs. Seen this movie before

44 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Good on Kelly Hrudey to back up Bieksa on the false claim by Chara. 

I was happy he did that. You just never know but it was good because that's so true what he said...with all those cameras around, story hungry media, etc. No.

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The only spine that team has is Giordano and Simmonds, and they’re trying to trade Simmonds. They’ll do absolutely nothing in the playoffs. Seen this movie before

I hate ‘em too.  But the Leafs have a great team led by the best player in the league.  They look like they did back in the 60’s.

• Haha 1