The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks Getting Calls on Luke Schenn

Warhippy

2 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

On the Leafs or Coilers he's a top 4.

This is likely true. So it is those teams from whom we should get a better return for Schenn.

My #1 preference would be to TBL in exchange for Foote. I would also be happy with a 2nd round pick. Not sure I want to send him anywhere unless the return is in that ballpark.

1 minute ago, BigTramFan said:

This is likely true. So it is those teams from whom we should get a better return for Schenn.

My #1 preference would be to TBL in exchange for Foote. I would also be happy with a 2nd round pick. Not sure I want to send him anywhere unless the return is in that ballpark.

How about to Leafs but they take Myers as well

29 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Yeah I would think so too. Still a chance Smith is traded to VAN in order to clear his cap for Gav to join the Bruins though.

What's that worth? A late 3rd round pick? 

Fine by me as long as we have enough cap space to sign Livingstone at the end of the season...

(And so then, as per Alf's balls...Schenn for Foote)

Yeah that would be great 

especially if we can ship smith out before he lands with max  salary retained to get the best return. 

1 minute ago, EastCoastNucks said:

How about to Leafs but they take Myers as well

Because Leafs are too close to the cap to do that deal. We would need to retain on Myers and take back someone like Kerfoot.

Rather get a really good asset if we are giving up Schenn. Not just use him to move Myers.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, combover said:

Yeah that would be great 

especially if we can ship smith out before he lands with max  salary retained to get the best return. 

That'd be sweet but not sure if any contending team wants Smith (even at 50%, $1.55m). He has only scored 0.23809524 pts per game this season (am I in the right thread?) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigTramFan said:

Because Leafs are too close to the cap to do that deal. We would need to retain on Myers and take back someone like Kerfoot.

Rather get a really good asset if we are giving up Schenn. Not just use him to move Myers.

if we are giving up Schenn. Not just use him to move Myers. if we are giving up Schenn I would only do it to get rid of Myers or OEL. Keep Schenn and buyout Myers or OEL. Send to Abbotsford. buyout. whatever.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

if we are giving up Schenn. Not just use him to move Myers. if we are giving up Schenn I would only do it to get rid of Myers or OEL. Keep Schenn and buyout Myers or OEL. Send to Abbotsford. buyout. whatever.

What kind of trade leverage do you think Schenn has?  He doesn't have the value to even move Myers, let alone OEL.  

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Ok then what about Schenn and JT Millar for Austin Matthews who is gonna be moved anyway

• Haha 3

Great. But no I wouldn't use Schenn to get rid of Myers. Keep Schenn or trade him for a decent asset. Not use him as a sweetener.

A buy out on Myers makes his cap hit $5.33m next season, so not worth a buy out to just save $667k.

6 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

You want to pay oel not to play for van for the next 7 years?

Post Something GIF

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Great. But no I wouldn't use Schenn to get rid of Myers. Keep Schenn or trade him for a decent asset. Not use him as a sweetener.

A buy out on Myers makes his cap hit $5.33m next season, so not worth a buy out to just save $667k.

I’d rather have Myers cap hit without him on our roster to be honest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Tanks a lot 1

9 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

That'd be sweet but not sure if any contending team wants Smith (even at 50%, $1.55m). He has only scored 0.23809524 pts per game this season (am I in the right thread?) 

Yes but please only take it to 7 decimal places and for the love of gawd, round up or down correctly! :frantic: 

• Haha 1