The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Eeli Tolvanen

17 hours ago, Devron said:

I did and people be all like he’s only 20 or something. It goes both ways though. I called out people that said Jack Hughes is a bust and I knew he would be a star

I Called Byfield a bust after the WJC. Looking like a good guess too,

Devron FTW

I can agree, on your Byfield take - nothing special but still young.

• Cheers 2

Did he not click with the coach and locker room ?  Based on talent, I hope he falls to the Canucks but with his mental make up and the fractured roster the Canucks have, he might just become another, uneffective player with Canucks.  Poile is the longest tenured GM, in the NHL and if he is giving him away for free, their has to be a VERY good reason why.

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

For real, he's been basically point per game since stepping in for them last season, dude is a stud. I'd be surprised if someone else wins the Calder. 

Me too very impressive. I didn’t expect him to be this good 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Did he not click with the coach and locker room ?  Based on talent, I hope he falls to the Canucks but with his mental make up and the fractured roster the Canucks have, he might just become another, uneffective player with Canucks.  Poile is the longest tenured GM, in the NHL and if he is giving him away for free, their has to be a VERY good reason why.

Was explained that Friedman.  See a few posts back.

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Smart grab by Seattle, they look to have a bright future. They've looked legit this season. 

Just like Yzerman and others like him: previous cup champs, as players and he is slowly rebuilding that roster through the draft.  Berniers is looking legit and if Wright pans out, they are set in the middle for awhile.  Plus, I like how he prioritized Cap Space, in the expansion draft vs what Vegas did; but I can understand McPhees' POV cause Vegas is in the desert.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Just like Yzerman and others like him: previous cup champs, as players and he is slowly rebuilding that roster through the draft.  Berniers is looking legit and if Wright pans out, they are set in the middle for awhile.  Plus, I like how he prioritized Cap Space, in the expansion draft vs what Vegas did...

Oh def, they're actually okay down the middle right now so Wright gets the luxury of being a player they can be patient with. Lots of bullets in the chamber too, they've got eleven picks for this coming draft with three of them being 2nd rounders. 

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Oh def, they're actually okay down the middle right now so Wright gets the luxury of being a player they can be patient with. Lots of bullets in the chamber too, they've got eleven picks for this coming draft with three of them being 2nd rounders. 

Yeah, I am aware of how many lottery tickets they have coming up vs how many the Canucks have - smh.  Sea might be another team that might win their first cup before the Canucks hit the century mark.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is this is just another example of poor cap management on our part?  We don't have room for this guy or what?

I'd rather have 2 ELCs than one 1.5m middling talent guy. You cannot fully bury that contract in the minors. We have nearly 10m in these overpaid middling talent guys already on these types of contracts 

• There it is 1