The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Eeli Tolvanen

7 minutes ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

No

I did and people be all like he’s only 20 or something. It goes both ways though. I called out people that said Jack Hughes is a bust and I knew he would be a star

I Called Byfield a bust after the WJC. Looking like a good guess too,

Devron FTW

• Cheers 3
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

I did and people be all like he’s only 20 or something. It goes both ways though. I called out people that said Jack Hughes is a bust and I knew he would be a star

Devron FTW

Wasn’t this guy picked 30th OA though?  So not really a bustaroo in the same vein as Byfield.  Lots of later first rounders don’t develop into NHLers.  Byfield though.  That’s a 2OA.  Now that’s a Bustaroo Bonsai.  

• Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wasn’t this guy picked 30th OA though?  So not really a bustaroo in the same vein as Byfield.  Lots of later first rounders don’t develop into NHLers.  Byfield though.  That’s a 2OA.  Now that’s a Bustaroo Bonsai.  

I like to think any player in the first round can have a bust status. The way I look at it, some players in the later rounds turn out to be great players and teams just missed to boat on not drafting them in the first round 

Edited by Devron
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

Seems like a classic case where the player could get it done at every level except the NHL.  Honestly I just hope Hogs doesn't end up following this guy's career path at this point. 

Honestly, as a massive Hogs fan. It sometimes feels like he doesn't have to talent to overcome his size. He has the heart for sure. But at 5'8/5'9 you really gotta be a beast to make it in the NHL. I really feel the lack of a veteran 3rd line presence hurts our winger development to an extent. Someone to help them along and provide them talent. Our wingers are usually playing with guys like Beagle, or Gaudette. Or some AHL guy like Aman, Megna, Chaput and Joshua. Who are thrown everywhere in the lineup cause our organizational depth has never been good.

It feels like if the winger kids can't play with the studs in the top 6, they struggle. Cause we have no 3rd line center to help them along. Every single winger prospect we say the same thing "They are fine in the top 6. Suck in the bottom 6. They gotta earn it though." But who do we have playing in the bottom 6? Nobody worth a damn. It's a weird situation where I can't tell if we're bad at drafting or bad at developing.

23 minutes ago, Devron said:

Devron FTW

Winning Nick Jonas GIF by NBC

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Byfield is only 20 - even younger than Podkolzin.  He became AHL eligible only this season.  Following an illness that caused weight loss they sent him down this season and have since left him down to develop and play big minutes in all situations.  He is ppg with 14pts in 13 games (9 goals).  He was always pegged as someone that will take some time to develop.  

• Huggy Bear 1

No idea why so many people are champing at the bit to downplay the best potential claim of the season so far. This guy has major potential and it would cost nothing to take a swing on him. What is the reasoning for not doing that? 

And for all the whiners crying about how he’s not better than _____ (insert underperforming Canuck) our current management is allergic to good decisions so he won’t be claimed by us. 

12 minutes ago, kodos said:

No idea why so many people are champing at the bit to downplay the best potential claim of the season so far. This guy has major potential and it would cost nothing to take a swing on him. What is the reasoning for not doing that? 

And for all the whiners crying about how he’s not better than _____ (insert underperforming Canuck) our current management is allergic to good decisions so he won’t be claimed by us. 

Even if that were true pretty sure the last thing this team needs is an offensive winger 

• Cheers 1