The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Alex Formenton signs with HC Ambrì Piotta (Switzerland)

10 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Looool trying to hide before the facts come out?

Word is that he either was involved in 'you know what' himself, or he has some kind of proof that other current NHL players were involved and he's been reluctant to come forward.

Either way - this is not a good look for him, if a crime was committed and he has knowledge of it he should step up and do the right thing. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Word is that he either was involved in 'you know what' himself, or he has some kind of proof that other current NHL players were involved and he's been reluctant to come forward.

Either way - this is not a good look for him, if a crime was committed and he has knowledge of it he should step up and do the right thing. 

Both reasons to be honest. He’s not going to play a single NHL game again, and once more info inevitably comes out, those involved will follow.

Edited by Odd.

Just now, Fanuck said:

It's just wild. I like how the league pretends they want accountability and change meanwhile they arnt transparent at all and now they are naming Bill Haslam the majority owner of Nashville? I just don't even 

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

7 minutes ago, Gurn said:

This is not just a NHL problem; it is rampant in society.

Symbolism-do it right and you don't have to actually do anything about a problem.

One could fight racial injustice                     or just wear an Orange t shirt one day a year.

One could fight bullying,                               or wear a pink shirt one day a year.

Try for justice for all the women that have died over DECADES on the Highway Of Tears                    or wear a red shirt on one day a year.

maybe, but unlikely, when we run out of different coloured shirts to wear, we will actually start working on the issues.

I know it extends much farther than just the NHL.. I just find it pathetic they pretend even the slightest to care about anything pride related yet turn around and approve ownership of a team to bill. Gary should be roasted till he quits for this two faced crap. They don't care about being inclusive or any victims of anything. Whatever keeps the old white boys club alive and well.

I really really believe Jeremy jacobs plays a major roll in all this. Fitting Boston also made some horrible decisions lately 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, Mustard Tiger said:

It's just wild. I like how the league pretends they want accountability and change meanwhile they arnt transparent at all and now they are naming Bill Haslam the majority owner of Nashville? I just don't even 

This from a league that allowed a guy named "Boots" Del Biaggio III to own the team.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Mustard Tiger said:

you don't 'name' majority owners, they define themselves by owning more than half of something...

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Yeah I guess that's worded funny. They said at these gm meetings he will be getting majority ownership soon so that's what I mean 

you have to have a pretty damn good reason to tell someone that they aren't allowed to sell something to someone else. 

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Might be time for you to Google Bill Haslam 

I know all about him. there's nothing there that says to nhl head office "DON'T SELL TO THIS GUY." his politics are irrelevant. he represents financial stability in a historically unstable market. 

• Cheers 2