The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Dhaliwal] JP Barry says Pettersson wants to stay a Canuck, Barzal contract comparable

Odd.

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Dhaliwal tweet...

Pete's agent (Pat Brisson) on Pettersson future : Elias loves VAN, he hates losing. July 1st we can discuss and explore a contract with Vancouver and we will.

keslers agent tweeted the same thing.

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

I don’t know, I’m taking his agents words over a Minnesota Wild reporters gut feelings.

Yea I’m sure a Minnesota reporter wouldn’t wanna cause drama here or anything. :picard:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Brackett was his source. Trying to get his boy Petey back.

The vultures are clearly circling. Media sees drama here and is just trying to pile on. If they create enough chaos maybe their favourite team can poach one of our stars. Pathetic really.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, J-23 said:

Yep.

I don’t blame the media to be honest, the organization let it get to this point, easy clicks.

- Rutherford and Bruce relationship

- Poor training camp

- Toxic lockeroom?

- Owner is a huge issue

- Poor start again and on pace for bottom 5

- Half the roster on the block, including captain

- Goaltending issues

- Everytime Rutherford speaks :picard:

- Hughes comments

It’s just so easy to pounce on an organization like this. Sad we got this low, but it starts from the top.

-Human rights tribunal against gm and assistant

-owner accused of beating his kids

-JT Miller, or prized signing, smacking sticks and lacking effort

-Dickinson being critical of the team the second he leaves

-Scratching a 7+ million dollar player

The list goes on and on. I don't blame the media for a second for reporting on this. It's their job, and well deserved. This franchise is an absolute embarrassment right now.

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

i've been banging the drums on EP will more than likely take his 1 year QO and hit UFA.. if they cant get a deal done between the summer and the next TDL he needs to be moved.. the value of EP for playoff + 1 year is 10x higher than EP as a rental..

like why would EP waste his prime years here if the team decides to rebuild.. there's no such thing as a quick 2 year rebuild.. moving your captain doesn't = a rebuild it's another retool.. if you tear everything down and just keep EP Hughes and demko you really think EP believes the team will turn it around in 2 years? they should have tanked it last season after the diasterous start.. but nah they decided to keep pushing for that playoff spot even though their chance were almost next to none.. if they got a high pick last season maybe even get a nemec.. and this season if they ended up with a top 3 pick.. then that might turn this team around quick.. but as it stands we have a smurf that have multiple head injuries already and trending to pick in the 8-12 slot unless they win the lottery.

trade horvat trade this guy trade that guy.. at the end of the day who the hell do you have left to play with EP? certainly not the miller or boesers.. and definitely not hoglander and podz with their combined 3 goals.. the only guy that is working well with EP kuzmenko we want to sign him to bargain bin deals or else gtfo. EP's probably looking out for himself.. if there's no one on the team to play with his points will suffer.. he ain't gonna carry the line by himself.. so maybe he force his way out of van to play out his rfa elsewhere where he's wanted by the management and the management supports him by putting the right players around him. so he can get his contract.

19 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

-Human rights tribunal against gm and assistant

-owner accused of beating his kids

-JT Miller, or prized signing, smacking sticks and lacking effort

-Dickinson being critical of the team the second he leaves

-Scratching a 7+ million dollar player

The list goes on and on. I don't blame the media for a second for reporting on this. It's their job, and well deserved. This franchise is an absolute embarrassment right now.

Have we been embarrassingly bad since our owner thought it was wise to fire the guy who was the GM during our most successful years ever (on and off the ice) because that GM challenged the owner’s direction for the club? 

10 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i've been banging the drums on EP will more than likely take his 1 year QO and hit UFA.. if they cant get a deal done between the summer and the next TDL he needs to be moved.. the value of EP for playoff + 1 year is 10x higher than EP as a rental..

like why would EP waste his prime years here if the team decides to rebuild.. there's no such thing as a quick 2 year rebuild.. moving your captain doesn't = a rebuild it's another retool.. if you tear everything down and just keep EP Hughes and demko you really think EP believes the team will turn it around in 2 years? they should have tanked it last season after the diasterous start.. but nah they decided to keep pushing for that playoff spot even though their chance were almost next to none.. if they got a high pick last season maybe even get a nemec.. and this season if they ended up with a top 3 pick.. then that might turn this team around quick.. but as it stands we have a smurf that have multiple head injuries already and trending to pick in the 8-12 slot unless they win the lottery.

trade horvat trade this guy trade that guy.. at the end of the day who the hell do you have left to play with EP? certainly not the miller or boesers.. and definitely not hoglander and podz with their combined 3 goals.. the only guy that is working well with EP kuzmenko we want to sign him to bargain bin deals or else gtfo. EP's probably looking out for himself.. if there's no one on the team to play with his points will suffer.. he ain't gonna carry the line by himself.. so maybe he force his way out of van to play out his rfa elsewhere where he's wanted by the management and the management supports him by putting the right players around him. so he can get his contract.

Maybe our owner in his clandestine meeting (in that restaurant image that was posted a couple years back) with Petey was about the team’s direction.  I think that meeting was just after the “shocking reset”, right?  Maybe our owner has set the path we are on, always building to win with no steps back, to convince Petey to stay?  Petey himself said he wants to play on a winning team.  So there will be no rebuilding or retooling moves, unless it’s Petey who is traded.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Maybe our owner in his clandestine meeting (in that restaurant image that was posted a couple years back) with Petey was about the team’s direction.  I think that meeting was just after the “shocking reset”, right?  Maybe our owner has set the path we are on, always building to win with no steps back, to convince Petey to stay?  Petey himself said he wants to play on a winning team.  So there will be no rebuilding or retooling moves, unless it’s Petey who is traded.  

i think the picture with EP will be clear by july 1st what he will do.. 

7 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

i think the picture with EP will be clear by july 1st what he will do.. 

If we do move Petey we know the owner will only sign off a trade where the return is NHL players.  And considering the ages of Miller and Bo, those players coming back could be similar aged to what the Glames got for Tkatchuk.  

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we do move Petey we know the owner will only sign off a trade where the return is NHL players.  And considering the ages of Miller and Bo, those players coming back could be similar aged to what the Glames got for Tkatchuk.  

Wonderful.

Vancouver Flames 2.0.

Ugh.

He and his agent are being diplomatic with their statements.  He signed a short deal to measure the teams progress.. I highly doubt he stays beyond next year as he will want out..  shame,,,, one of the most talented players i have seen here in 40 years

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Have we been embarrassingly bad since our owner thought it was wise to fire the guy who was the GM during our most successful years ever (on and off the ice) because that GM challenged the owner’s direction for the club? 

But Alf… just because Gillis was here during our most successful years. Doesnt mean he was a great GM. The foundation and everything inbetween that and the roof were laid before him. All he did was slap a couple doors on the building and got credit.  He had no eye for talent whatsoever. He hasnt been offered a job ANYWHERE. Gillis is beyond overrated, he burnt bridges around the league, how the hell would he rebuild even if FA allowed him? No one wanted to do business with GMMG

42 minutes ago, cocanuck said:

He and his agent are being diplomatic with their statements.  He signed a short deal to measure the teams progress.. I highly doubt he stays beyond next year as he will want out..  shame,,,, one of the most talented players i have seen here in 40 years

It was widely reported that Peteys camp was pushing for a big money/long term deal but the Canucks didn't have the cap structure to oblige. That's why it took so long to get the deal done, Canucks were trying to find ways to move out cap so we could get him under that long term contract.

We have no reason to believe that Petey was the one pushing for a short term deal to see how things were going. That was a faliure on the previous management's end to not have the cap to lock up our young star as early as possible.

2 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

There's no indication that the team management wants to 'blow it up and rebuild.'  There's so much chatter on

this board (regarding endless topics) that it is easy to lose one's way in all the noise.

Much of what you have said can be found in the 'rumours and trades' and 'trade proposal' forums, which leak

into many other forums as well.

• Upvote 1