The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I’ve always compared Miller’s game to Bertuzzi and I loved how Bert played. This is a pretty cool interview about a month back:

https://canucksarmy.com/news/amp/todd-bertuzzi-talks-about-playing-in-west-coast-express-era-and-how-hockey-is-producing-more-teams-like-the-early-2000s-canucks

I really liked this part:

“All three brought different things to the table,” Bertuzzi said. “Markus with his leadership, his shot, his speed, his hockey IQ. Brendan with his 200-foot game and really high hockey IQ, he doesn’t get enough credit for how intelligently he played the game. Even back then when we were playing a “run and gun” game, or at least me and Markus were, Mo knew how to play 200 feet.”

If we had a player like Brendan, it would be a nice compliment for Miller as well. 

Edited by grandmaster
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, van_ws said:

Where is the leadership? I haven't seen it since the Sedins retired. I don't care how many goals you score Bo, you ain't it and you aren't a leader. I just want to see a new captain who gives a shit and hates to lose. Too many damn nice guys here.

Get petey the C and extend him to 10 m per

16 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Being classy is individual, for instance, you don't do such acts because its not the right thing to do and I agree. 

If only the entire world shared this same sentiment then there wouldn't be gutless crooks on the planet however, that's not the case.

No matter where you go, in whichever country or city, there will always be complete grown up morons who act like spoiled babies. 

Kind of like how some people vent their frustrations over small things over the phone on a customer service line for a product they are dissatisfied with. 

One could also say however, that is their right to voice their displeasure because they're the ones who paid for the product.

Why should you sit down and be quiet for something you're frustrated with?

I'm not for throwing jerseys on the ice.

Actually, the fact that its happened multiple times this season now is frankly despicable imo, but you can't control how another person reacts in the moment to displeasure. 

Says more about them as a person and honestly not in a good way for sure.

But you don't have the right to threaten someone over what they decide to do with what they bought. 

Thing is, everyone has the choice to do whatever they choose. Anything really. BUT, you have to deal with whatever repercussions stem from your decision. I tend to have a big mouth. I have been set straight on occasion and in hindsight, I take my punishment, because I deserved it. Fans have the right to throw their jersey, I have the right to beak off at them. 

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

Thing is, everyone has the choice to do whatever they choose. Anything really. BUT, you have to deal with whatever repercussions stem from your decision. I tend to have a big mouth. I have been set straight on occasion and in hindsight, I take my punishment, because I deserved it. Fans have the right to throw their jersey, I have the right to beak off at them. 

Well yeah of course I agree.

You have the right to voice your displeasure at them as long as you know the potential repercussions you could face if things were to escalate.

Like you said, that's your choice.

Other people have their own. 

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, aznmonk said:

What if he starts coasting after long term deal like Miller? Don’t pay that much when he hasn’t earned us a playoff spot. They need to tell the players their salary goes up if we make playoffs. That way they will have motivation to give it their all.

54 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I’ve always compared Miller’s game to Bertuzzi and I loved how Bert played. This is a pretty cool interview about a month back:

https://canucksarmy.com/news/amp/todd-bertuzzi-talks-about-playing-in-west-coast-express-era-and-how-hockey-is-producing-more-teams-like-the-early-2000s-canucks

I really liked this part:

“All three brought different things to the table,” Bertuzzi said. “Markus with his leadership, his shot, his speed, his hockey IQ. Brendan with his 200-foot game and really high hockey IQ, he doesn’t get enough credit for how intelligently he played the game. Even back then when we were playing a “run and gun” game, or at least me and Markus were, Mo knew how to play 200 feet.”

If we had a player like Brendan, it would be a nice compliment for Miller as well. 

I know i've said this before but i really don't see much comparison between prime bert and miller sorry (at least this season miller - maybe he was more of a hitter in past seasons?). Bert was a power forward, he would knock guys over, he'd have players draped on him and still score. They both have great hands, they both play better angry and apparently both decline as soon as they get paid. 

Morrison was fine, he was the balance and was a decent pker. 

Have to see if i have old clips but yeah bigbabe used to knock them down

Edited by OldFaithfulCap

2 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

I know i've said this before but i really don't see much comparison between prime bert and miller sorry. Bert was a power forward, he would knock guys over, he'd have players draped on him and still score. They both have great hands, they both play better angry and apparently both decline as soon as they get paid. 

Don’t know what you’re talking about. Miller is our number 2 hitter on this team, only behind Schenn.  

14 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Don’t know what you’re talking about. Miller is our number 2 hitter on this team, only behind Schenn.  

If i search for clips i do see some big hits from miller earlier in his career so that's probably why you see the comparison. This is the first season i've seen miller in action and his hitting is fine but limited impact and like bert big payday tends to limit the hits. Players change over time so excuse my ignorance there. 

23 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

I know i've said this before but i really don't see much comparison between prime bert and miller sorry (at least this season miller - maybe he was more of a hitter in past seasons?). Bert was a power forward, he would knock guys over, he'd have players draped on him and still score. They both have great hands, they both play better angry and apparently both decline as soon as they get paid. 

And I was saying the same thing about Bert as I am about Miller.  They need to cut bait before it's too late.

1 hour ago, KFan said:

I honestly don't think Aquilini's motivation is money when it comes to the Canucks. The family's net worth is 3.3 billion. In their best years the Canucks net revenue is 50 million Canadian.....chump change when you consider the Aquilini income from other sources. I believe they will spend what it takes. The problem is they think they know what it takes.

Good point but the yearly, results contradicts everything they've done..

Edited by ShawnAntoski

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

FkdHqGmWQAAjKY5?format=jpg&name=large

66.6, the number of the orca..? Technically a beast? 

4 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

This is part of the problem.

If you are so intent on getting a home run on a trade, the trade might not happen. You might be pricing out of the market.

The deal should be what benefits the club long term.

GM's who try to win every trade likely don't make very many. 

Sometimes you've gotta take a fair deal that benefits your team.

1 hour ago, aznmonk said:

More like 10.5M-11M if he keeps it up. 10M would likely be a steal. 

1 hour ago, rekker said:

I've been pretty vocal with my disappointment. I bitch with buddies, vent on here. Throwing a jersey on ice, during play? That's douchey.

Personally, it his choice and money but it was affective cause it was one of the events, that perhaps led to the JR hiring. Each his own but I can agree, with him that the one ice product is mediocre.   I hope he does it again and put Aquamans' name on the back..

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Dazzle said:

I don't always agree with you, but I completely agree here. Everyone here, including myself, has said something out of frustration because we are so fed up sometimes. Yet the fanbase needs to tone down the holier-than-thou attitudes - yes, I openly admit I have done this too - because we don't know everything. And clearly, the people that are supposed to know more than us are employed, but are doing a bad job.

Yes, they did well with their UFA signings, but with respect to trading, they are quite mixed. Bear was a good acquisition and so was Pederson (AHL). Unfortunately, Stillman is a big minus. Yet they are obviously not the main pieces, with all due respect to them.

There is something messed up for new management to retain the team as it is, despite the fact that the team didn't do very well last year (aside from the latter season rush). We didn't even MAKE the playoffs, so new management decided to change nothing else except the forwards?

Respectfully, I am glad we don't agree on everything cause I prefer an honest & decent discussion, about hockey/the Canucks.  Imo, when discussing the parts of the team or roster, there are some positive points or vice-versa but like you had pointed out: as a group they are mediocre and that points back to the leadership, that assembled the roster.  Cheers 

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Throwing on the ice during or after a whistle is classless. Respect the jersey. Throwing a jersey on the ice is for pussys. 

Typically,  I'd agree rek.

But my friend pointed out to me that the players should have the most respect of all for their jersey - yet their efforts on a nightly basis certainly doesn't indicate they care all that much. Maybe they care and are trying in vain,  but it sure doesn't show.

• Cheers 3

26 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Personally, it his choice and money but it was affective cause it was one of the events, that perhaps led to the JR hiring. Each his own but I can agree, with him that the one ice product is mediocre.   I hope he does it again and put Aquamans' name on the back..

It's a tough time for all us fans. It's a tough franchise to love, but it will never ever change for me. It's my team. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1