The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

There is nothing weird about this team. Just a bad team.

A bad team is a bad team.

I appreciate the frustration, but there have been years were we are bad on both offence and defence. This year we are good on the offensive end, but terrible on the defensive end. We're not just a bad team otherwise we wouldn't be 7th on the PK and 11th on GF. Where we stink is the GA 30th and PK 32nd ( which go hand in hand )

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

He is also one of the tops for time on ice, plays in a lot of difficult situations and plays on a pathetic PK where we get scored on every second penalty. But yeah that’s all on him 

The fact is the team moved him to wing after regular poor performance. This is an 8M player we just signed for **** sakes.  JR and PA screwed up.  Badly.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, CanucksFan8353 said:

If we don’t tank hard enough for Bedard,  I truly think this franchise will be toast within the half decade.  Or to modify that, we certainly won’t be on the track to being good without him. Trade everyone basically, fire BB and the assistant clowns immediately and tank as hard as you can. 

You need to promote Yeo. 

Tank or not, the first half of the decade is down the drain. With the way management wants to do things (Or Aquilini :ph34r:), the second half will be the same.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

I appreciate the frustration, but there have been years were we are bad on both offence and defence. This year we are good on the offensive end, but terrible on the defensive end. We're not just a bad team otherwise we wouldn't be 7th on the PK and 11th on GF. Where we stink is the GA 30th and PK 32nd ( which go hand in hand )

All of these stats are nice but that doesn’t change the facts. A little more exciting but still a bad team.

1 minute ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Good on offensive !? We only scored like eleven goals in last six home games and seven of those are in one game 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

they scored 6 goals in the last 4 games so maybe that has dried up as well? I know we've been missing some key players but that doesn't stop a good team like the avs.

Edited by Rubik
  • Cheers 1

Stealth tank. So many evidences...

1. Hiring of Yeo/Cull to replace Brad Shaw so that our defensive structure at 5-on-5 would be destroyed.

2. Re-signing Miller over Horvat.

3. Re-signing Boeser to a 3-year deal.

4. Not addressing PK personnel.

JR and PA are geniuses.

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

21 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They’re not going to announce everyone who has/had it teams rarely do. When it went through the 03 St Louis team it din’t get brought up until after the series. 

You know it's possible not to get the flu just because someone around you has it too right?

I've worked in office spaces, lived in close quarters with family members, and went to school with classmates that have had the flu before and have been able to avoid it.  

It can be contagious but you're not doomed to it like some plague if you take the right precautions.. Which is probably one of thew reasons why EP and BB aren't playing.

I'm not saying they don't have it for sure... but I'm also not gonna say that they do have it because the team hasn't said/confirmed anything other than about Petey and BB, and we've had more than enough reasons this season to believe their p*ss poor play doesn't just relate to maybe having an "illness" or "feeling under the weather". 

Edited by PetterssonOrPeterson
  • There it is 1

Just now, AnotherCanucksFan said:

I think what angers most of us is their lack of effort. We’ve seen too many games where they never showed up whatsoever and had only 1 or 2 games where they had consistently played with pressure in every period. That brutal. Especially when they pull that sh!t at home, where we pay an arm and a leg to support them.

• Cheers 3

Just now, grandmaster said:

I think what angers most of us is their lack of effort. We’ve seen too many games where they never showed up whatsoever and had only 1 or 2 games where they had consistently played with pressure in every period. That brutal. Especially when they pull that sh!t at home, where we pay an arm and a leg to support them.

I think it's the lack of effort and no one is held accountable. Nothing has been done when it was said that players would be held accountable. Mistakes being made everywhere in the organization and they are just staying the course. That's what angers me. No standards being set. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

10 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

It’s so hard to deal with a fire sale when every other team is Cap’d out. Hopefully by the TDL we can off load some of these guys. If not, we will have to wait for the summer. It might be a very long year to get things done….

Horvat, Kuz and Schenn this year. I think without them our chances at a top 5 pick are decent with the way we are playing. Maybe you could move Miller too as he's only 5.25M this year. Trade all 4 of those guys that's a good amount of picks/prospects and cap freed up long-term.

I would definitely look to bring Schenn back if we shipped him out for a return. Not opposed to keeping him. I don't think he'll get as much as Kuz/Horvat/Miller. You could make an argument for keeping one of Horvat/Miller in this sort of rebuild but me personally I think I move both.  

Maybe you can move one of Boeser/Garland this season too but probably more of next season issue. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

You know it's possible not to get the flu just because someone around you has it too right?

I've worked in office spaces, lived in close quarters with family members, and went to school with classmates that have had the flu before and have been able to avoid it.  

It can be contagious but you're not doomed to it like some plague if you take the right precautions.. Which is probably one of thew reasons why EP and BB aren't playing.

I'm not saying they don't have it for sure... but I'm also not gonna say that they do have it because the team hasn't said/confirmed anything other than about Petey and BB, and we've had more than enough reasons this season to believe their p*ss poor play doesn't just relate to "illness" or "feeling under the weather". 

Did I say that? 

72354E33-E1B4-48DA-8AEA-75C00EA7D661.jpeg

2 minutes ago, AlexBurrows14Yu said:

Good on offensive !? We only scored like eleven goals in last six home games and seven of those are in one game 

You don't get 7th on GF if you're not scoring goals, BUT they suck at home. 

My point which apparently people aren't seeing if I were a coach I would be confused by how they been ranked so differently on offensive and defensive. Just trying to figure out how to get the Canucks out of this mess like everyone else.

10 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

It’s so hard to deal with a fire sale when every other team is Cap’d out. Hopefully by the TDL we can off load some of these guys. If not, we will have to wait for the summer. It might be a very long year to get things done….

This is the biggest issue right now, everyone is so tight with cap I don’t even think they can make a high profile trade in January.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Trust me I get it. So many frustrating games to watch let alone attend.  Fragile egos this year - just crumbling when scored on. It's so strange to see when they're mostly the same players as last year - when at least they became exciting to watch for the 2nd half of the season.

• Cheers 1