The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] St. Louis Blues at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 19, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Typical Vancouver fan. You own it but I want control.

Fans want JB gone so he fires them and then hires what you all called the ALL-STAR management team. Now that they are floundering, he has to sell the team, it is all his fault. We are the fans we actually own the team and and and... He should sell the team and move it to Hamilton or Quebec. 

It’s honestly pretty pathetic

• RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, Muttley said:

Starting at around 1:40, Jeff does a pretty good job of nailing down the Canuck's deficiencies. One of the best interviews I've heard on the team's status.

That’s the face of someone who has experienced a lot of hockey from then stands or pressbox

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Whats pathetic is people wanting to have the team moved for fans criticising ownership.

The same fans that support this team, creating a 1 billion dollar franchise.  Without the fans, AQ would not be lookiing at a $750 mil profit if he was to sell. Those fans that cough up thier hard earned money should be allowed to speak their mind. 

That is what is really pathetic. 

I think our owner is a good one.  He spends to the max in the club.  I just think his insisted upon direction to management is not going to build us a winner.  But then it did work with Gillis.  So maybe the owner’s direction can work again if we have the right key core to build around.  It’s just frustrating watching the future being sold for trying to make “win now” moves. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

I think our owner is a good one.  He spends to the max in the club.  I just think his insisted upon direction to management is not going to build us a winner.  But then it did work with Gillis.  So maybe the owner’s direction can work again if we have the right key core to build around.  It’s just frustrating watching the future being sold for trying to make “win now” moves. 

I'll tell ya, I would probably be the same as an owner. He has a lot of passion and wants to get a cup for his familly, that really do love the Nucks.

He and I are too much fans. I would want everything my way too. So, unfortunately I would probably not be a good owner. 

The Canucks have had a few owners, they may have more in the future. Like any business, it is nothing without the support of the customers. AQ should probably sit up and pay attention otherwise he will no longer be the richest man in the world. Wait, thats a different dude...but same sentiment/ 

• There it is 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I'll tell ya, I would probably be the same as an owner. He has a lot of passion and wants to get a cup for his familly, that really do love the Nucks.

He and I are too much fans. I would want everything my way too. So, unfortunately I would probably not be a good owner. 

The Canucks have had a few owners, they may have more in the future. Like any business, it is nothing without the support of the customers. AQ should probably sit up and pay attention otherwise he will no longer be the richest man in the world. Wait, thats a different dude...but same sentiment/ 

Seems to me he gave JR three years to build a winner around the current key core pieces.  One year has already gone by.  So two years left for JR to make the supporting cast good enough that the club is winning.  To me that’s a scary situation.  Looks like we will be sacrificing a lot of the future in hopes to “win now”.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Seems to me he gave JR three years to build a winner around the current key core pieces.  One year has already gone by.  So two years left for JR to make the supporting cast good enough that the club is winning.  To me that’s a scary situation.  Looks like we will be sacrificing a lot of the future in hopes to “win now”.  

Now, I am on record for being one of those 'go for it now' posters. But that is because of what you point out alot, which is the truth, that the owners are impatient.

My problem is that they havent done enough IMO....but...there is a but...If, they manage to grab a top draft pick, trade for a D-man, get us out of cap hell and Demko comes back like, as a great poster calls him, double bubble Demko. Then I will turn my frown upside down and sing their well deserved praises. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Are you working on getting your stupid blind back pass out of your repertoire, JT?

Naw, J.T., and others on the team haven't finished, talking, about doing something, yet.

If Eli Wallach was still alive they could get him to do a little speech about how when it is time to do something, you should do it; and not just talk about it.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Probably still sick, nasty flu going around BC it seems 

One of my friends has a flu and he's saying it's worse than Covid was

Friend of mine who never gets sick, she was sick for two weeks. Co-worker was also out for 10 days. I had a fever for 5 days earlier in November. No coughing or anything. Just aches, pains, fever. But tested negative for Covid.

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Friend of mine who never gets sick, she was sick for two weeks. Co-worker was also out for 10 days. I had a fever for 5 days earlier in November. No coughing or anything. Just aches, pains, fever. But tested negative for Covid.

Tis the season for people to get knocked on their ass via sickness I suppose 

Probs doesn't help most folks are no longer taking the preventative measures they were during Covid but who knows

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1