The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sidney Crosby Appointed to the Order of Canada

Rate this topic

-DLC-

Best player of this generation.  I remember hearing from Mrs Alf about the Golden Goal.  I was working on a tractor in the barn, and Mrs Alf came in with her arms raised and announced ... “CROSBY”!   Tried the tractor and it started first pull.  Cool moment.  

Crosby: 1 WJC Silver; 1 WJC Gold; 2 Olympic Golds, with one Golden goal in 2010; 2 Art Ross trophies; 2 Hart trophies; 3 Stanley Cups with 2 Conn Smythe trophies; 2 Rocket Richard trophies, 1 Lester B. Pearson and 2 Ted Lindsay awards; playoffs in 16 consecutive seasons; led his team in scoring 12 of 18 seasons, 536 goals, 916 assists for 1452 points in 1143 games.

Crosby put up 103 points as a rookie, losing the Calder to Alex Ovechkin. In that season, Pittsburgh did not make the playoffs. Two seasons later, they lost in the Cup final, with Crosby leading his team in scoring, and the next year they won their first of three Cups with Crosby as captain and leader. He led the Pens to back-to-back Cups seven and eight years after first winning it.

Crosby's 916 assists show that he has been a master playmaker and has clearly made players around him better. His 536 goals are 9 short of Maurice Richard's career totals.

I relay all of this information so that the next time you hear someone say that Connor McDavid is the best player in the world, you can say "au contraire, mon frere" and have the evidence to demonstrate that Crosby has achieved the most of any player since Gretzky or Lemieux.

***Fun fact: As of today, December 29/22, Crosby has 1452 points. Ovechkin has 1451.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• -AJ- changed the title to Sidney Crosby Appointed to the Order of Canada
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 11:41 AM, Curmudgeon said:

Crosby: 1 WJC Silver; 1 WJC Gold; 2 Olympic Golds, with one Golden goal in 2010; 2 Art Ross trophies; 2 Hart trophies; 3 Stanley Cups with 2 Conn Smythe trophies; 2 Rocket Richard trophies, 1 Lester B. Pearson and 2 Ted Lindsay awards; playoffs in 16 consecutive seasons; led his team in scoring 12 of 18 seasons, 536 goals, 916 assists for 1452 points in 1143 games.

Crosby put up 103 points as a rookie, losing the Calder to Alex Ovechkin. In that season, Pittsburgh did not make the playoffs. Two seasons later, they lost in the Cup final, with Crosby leading his team in scoring, and the next year they won their first of three Cups with Crosby as captain and leader. He led the Pens to back-to-back Cups seven and eight years after first winning it.

Crosby's 916 assists show that he has been a master playmaker and has clearly made players around him better. His 536 goals are 9 short of Maurice Richard's career totals.

I relay all of this information so that the next time you hear someone say that Connor McDavid is the best player in the world, you can say "au contraire, mon frere" and have the evidence to demonstrate that Crosby has achieved the most of any player since Gretzky or Lemieux.

***Fun fact: As of today, December 29/22, Crosby has 1452 points. Ovechkin has 1451.

Crosby obviously has the most impressive career and was the best player in the world for quite a while.

I would have a hard time calling anyone but McDavid the  best in the world right now and for the last handful of years.