The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Dec. 29, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

10 minutes ago, Tanti9 said:

Personally, as impatient as I am, I will give management some time here.

It’s readily apparent they don’t see this team as a cup contender

The issue is there’s so many capped out teams it’s hard to make trades. As more of the season progresses and more cap opens up for teams because of injuries and less cap is needed for the remainder of the season for a player, the more active the trade market becomes.

When that starts I’m sure we’ll see the direction. 

If we go into the off-season  with no major changes and doubling down on this team that’s when I give up on this management group. 

Great take. Refusing to trade picks is a good start for me

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Kragar said:

2 power play goals against, plus a penalty shot goal against.

Not so difficult to find some plus players for the Canucks today

I just don’t see the point in posting shots when we gave up 4 goals.

Myers/OEL took it on the chin against the Scheifele line on a few shifts but a lot of the shots didn’t seem particularly dangerous. 

Bear, who has been overall very good for us, had a rough game with the penalties / penalty shot and the PK, as usual, was abysmal.  The whole team went to sleep in the 2nd and didn’t have enough push in the 3rd. 

Just the usual lazy “bluuugh OEL and Myers bad” take that gets trotted out every game even when they weren’t the reasons any goals were given up. 

Edited by ilduce39
  • Cheers 3
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

If you look back I never said you did. So I don't get what your talking about.

13 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ok, well I am happy for you that you feel so important to call him a troll. Anyways.... 

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Here he is seconds after screaming at the third string goalie to go to the bench. The puck is coming back the other way, Petey is in the play trying to get the puck back, Bo, bottom right, is busting his arse to catch the play and JT, top right, has the best seat in the house to watch the Jets score.

This is the story of his season..... I cannot see why anyone would defend this guy.

image.png.a76d1e0ec12c13a04c8bf73727937dd7.png

You can't argue with that, even if he was supposed to be going to the bench for a change.

He should have been hovering and covering that D instead of looking on and literally leaving the team defenseless. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Miller is the only player who looks like he hates losing and so many people here hate him for it

Hahahahagahahahahaha 

because he yelled at a goalie? 
or because he doesn’t back check and mailed in another performance . 
he must hate losing so much he forgets to show up for the game. 

• Cheers 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

You can't argue with that, even if he was supposed to be going to the bench for a change.

He should have been hovering and covering that D instead of looking on and literally leaving the team defenseless. 

Well it wasn't what sunk the team anyways. A lot of mistakes it seems on that play. They had very few shots after the first and they couldn't get past Winnipeg's D. I do think Miller has a lot of things he needs to improve his game no matter his age. He lacks maturity. I think it's his main issue.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82