The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. New York Islanders | Jan. 3rd, 2023 | SNP, 7:00PM PT | New Years Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

2 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Miller on PP1 and on PK2.

Bruce has a lot more faith in him than I do. Surely you want someone who is not prone to giving the puck away? 

We gotta stop giving up SHG's or our PP is worthless

Guys on radio saying Miller, as centre, is playing a shutdown role. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Strawbone said:

Does anyone REALLY still think they have a shot at the playoffs this season?

This is what gets me. There are those that still feel they can make the playoffs. 

I'm not in that group. 

I need to see some serious change in this group of players and coaching staff. 

If this cast makes it it won't go very far in the playoffs. That thought in my mind is total fantasy. There's really no point in this present line up making it anywhere. 

If there are trades and additions is there any reasonable time to form a cohesive team that pulls them out of this franchise nose dive this season?

It's going to take a long time for just the dressing room to level out. That of course is speculation on my part but I think that in and of  itself

probably takes the most time. You have new players coming in ,new dynamics might as well fit the draft in too and wait for next training camp. 

This years training camp wash the $hits, so a good start from training camp onward would be fine.  

When one watches this years top teams one sees Vancouver isn't even close. 

There's a lot of work to be done here and making the playoffs shouldn't be a priority at this point.

Once we know that's the clear direction I can chill with it but at present it's no where near good enough. 

It's not just a Vancouver win that factors in it's coupled with Calgary, Nashville ,Seattle and   Edmonton also playing this evening along with some other western conference teams. 

38 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Still think this team could be a lot better if some of their high priced players who arnt scoring and arnt good defenders were replaced with more capable 2 way players.  The difference would be quite different i figure.  TDL/off season cant come soon enough so until then, go canucks go.  

team reminds me a lot of the 95-97 Canucks - highly offensive roster, underachieving, culture issues, 

• Cheers 1